Ontology of belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 06:32 AM
RE: Ontology of belief
(02-05-2014 06:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 10:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sell the yellow.

While I agree with most of your post, this part is just bullshit. Everyone knows that if it's yellow, you let it mellow; you don't sell that shit.

(02-05-2014 03:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  When I read TW's posts, I always think of this ...

You read his posts?

Fair point hahaha ...
Allow me to correct myself, ... when I see he's posted Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
02-05-2014, 07:49 AM
(01-05-2014 06:57 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  This belongs in the thread you started. There's a forum rule against deliberately causing disruption, and what you're doing across multiple threads qualifies.
You are right - the point I was making was that "belief" is one of the words that I have determined that atheists leave inadequately defined, and I made that assertion before this thread was started.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
02-05-2014, 07:50 AM
(02-05-2014 03:06 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  When I read TW's posts, I always think of this ...
Entrance of the Gladiators - I have it on my MP3 player.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
02-05-2014, 07:54 AM
(02-05-2014 02:08 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Is "train wreck" a metaphor for your thought process?
No it is a metaphor for my debating technique with atheists concerning the semantic circus that they are entranced with that reciprocates the inconsistencies of the theists religious doctrinaire that atheists are so keenly aware of.

02-05-2014, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 08:07 AM by TrainWreck.)
(02-05-2014 02:13 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Yes. I would conclude anyone who can butcher the English language that badly while trying to fumble toward a point about semantics is indeed a mental train wreck.
If I have it wrong, and everybody else has it right - why is the world so chaotic? Because the Christians are dominant???

02-05-2014, 08:01 AM
(02-05-2014 08:00 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 02:13 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Yes. I would conclude anyone who can butcher the English language that badly while trying to fumble toward a point about semantics is indeed a mental train wreck.
If I have it wrong, and everybody else has it right - why is the world so chaotic? Because the Christians are dominate???

*dominant Drinking Beverage

02-05-2014, 08:05 AM
(02-05-2014 08:00 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
If I have it wrong, and everybody else has it right - why is the world so chaotic? Because the Christians are dominate???

So you can make a desperate appeal ad populum when you realize none of the facts support your claims.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
02-05-2014, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 08:14 AM by rampant.a.i..)
(02-05-2014 07:54 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 02:08 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Is "train wreck" a metaphor for your thought process?
No it is a metaphor for my debating technique with atheists concerning the semantic circus that they are entranced with that reciprocates the inconsistencies of the theists religious doctrinaire that atheists are so keenly aware of.

You mean the circus music that plays while you jump through one semantic loop after the other, attempting to substitute an alternate definition for a common word no one else accepts.

Sexual
Asexual

Moral
Amoral

Temporal
Atemporal

Theist
Atheist

Substituting "humanist" and redefining "atheist" ignores the basic structure of the English language.

You might as well say "Asexuality is a political doctrine in which the given animal, plant or fungus dogmatically opposes sexual reproduction and instead chooses cell division to reproduce as it is against their shared system of beliefs"

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 5 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
02-05-2014, 08:13 AM
(02-05-2014 08:05 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 08:00 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  If I have it wrong, and everybody else has it right - why is the world so chaotic? Because the Christians are dominate???

So you can make a desperate appeal ad populum when you realize none of the facts support your claims.

No, you do not understand the extent of my claim. My claim has to do with the social contract theory, and the over-all social contract is the human knowledge system - technology. And it needs to be sorted and organized so it is easier for people to understand.

02-05-2014, 08:14 AM
(02-05-2014 08:08 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 07:54 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  No it is a metaphor for my debating technique with atheists concerning the semantic circus that they are entranced with that reciprocates the inconsistencies of the theists religious doctrinaire that atheists are so keenly aware of.

You mean the circus music that plays while you jump through one semantic loop after the other, attempting to substitute an alternate definition for a common word no one else accepts.

Haaaaahahaha!
It's spreading! ... You hear it too now, don't you, when you see his name! Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post