Ontology - the defining of reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Ontology - the defining of reality
My previous discussions have revealed that most discussion participants are only familiar with the notable ontological argument concerning the existence of god. It seems that they do not understand that ontology is the philosophical study concerning the existence of everything.

Ontology, Wikipedia 2014.05.08 Wrote:Ontology is the philosophical study of the nature of being, becoming, existence, or reality, as well as the basic categories of being and their relations. Traditionally listed as a part of the major branch of philosophy known as metaphysics, ontology deals with questions concerning what entities exist or can be said to exist, and how such entities can be grouped, related within a hierarchy, and subdivided according to similarities and differences.

The premise of my argument is that reality is inadequately comprehended, because our semantic system is inadequate, or erroneous; which would be represented by the hierarchy system(s) described in the Wikipedia article. I am only familiar with  the existence of about five hierarchy systems that represent all of human knowledge. If there are any examples of reliable systems that any of you well informed critical thinkers are familiar with, please present them for this discussion. There are many ontologies of specific areas - what we are looking for is a general all-encompassing hierarchy system that can be relied upon to reference the systemic organization of words and definitions.

I theorize that society is approaching an epoch when a comprehensive correction will be in order, because reasoning is dependent on ensuring that words are systematically organized. Modern sophisticated business requires a systematized lexicon, it should not be that difficult to recognize that all of commerce and discussion needs a more accurate system.

The generation of such a system is the ultimate argument to the existence of a god - why doesn't the god provide the ontology necessary for understanding reality???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Ontology - the defining of reality

Crickets CricketsCricketsCrickets

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh look - spamming the forum with the word of the day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Yes, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
ooh more misapplied sesquipedalian loquaciousness with a sprinkling of god complex? boring

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Poor Mr Boo ... Going round in circles

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
"...previous discussions..." Laughat

"I'm right and you're wrong" The Titanic

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Ontologically listed according to any pathology deals with strong context of they are of perception is a particular disease and have been found the major branch of perceptions. Tradition, dogma, illusion despite superior evidences. A delusion. Delusion. Delusion, dogma, illusion, dogma, illness, although the context of the confabulations context of philosophy known as well as the concerning to occur including what entities of particular distinct from a belief held with strong conviction.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Hi, I must have missed a day in philosophy 101, but why would someone evade the question of whether or not we can know if ,we or anything else, exists? Can't we just say we know through our senses and reasoning and everything else is unknown, until we "know" it? I apologize if this belongs in another thread.
[+] 1 user Likes U2spooky's post
04-06-2014, 07:14 PM
TW,
don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties (12)! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart, as I always say.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post