See also, Animal Farm.

How can this not be child abuse?

Angry

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-06-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Oops!
Is it bad that I want to start a school and just fill it with life lessons from awful people?

Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs! ~Stalin

Just because you were convicted in court doesnt mean you are guilty of something. ~ Charles manson

To read too many books is harmful. ~Mao Zedong

Etc.

Or perhaps make a childrens book. O.o
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 11:49 AM
(04-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Just because you were convicted in court doesnt mean you are guilty of something. ~ Charles Manson

Interesting that you would include this quote as an example of "what evil thinks".

Forgetting whose quote it is, it is to my mind a concept too much disregarded, especially in this country (USA) with the highest incarceration rate on the planet.

Here's a quote that fits hand in hand with Manson's:

"You can judge a society by how well it treats its prisoners". Fyodor Dostoevsky

Rejecting the wisdom of a sentiment because a scoundrel said it is just the "appeal to authority" fallacy bounced off a mirror. I suppose we do it because we think any positive acknowledgement endorses the scoundrel's scoundreliness. But that too is a fallacy.

So, to go further, while I disagree with your inclusion of Manson's quote as an example of something to be wary of, I agree entirely with the spirit of your post.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
04-06-2014, 11:51 AM
(04-06-2014 11:49 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Just because you were convicted in court doesnt mean you are guilty of something. ~ Charles Manson

Interesting that you would include this quote as an example of "what evil thinks".

Forgetting whose quote it is, it is to my mind a concept too much disregarded, especially in this country (USA) with the highest incarceration rate on the planet.

Here's a quote that fits hand in hand with Manson's:

"You can judge a society by how well it treats its prisoners". Fyodor Dostoevsky

Rejecting the wisdom of a sentiment because a scoundrel said it is just the "appeal to authority" fallacy bounced off a mirror. I suppose we do it because we think any positive acknowledgement endorses the scoundrel's scoundreliness. But that too is a fallacy.

So, to go further, while I disagree with your inclusion of Manson's quote as an example of something to be wary of, I agree entirely with the spirit of your post.

Actually I said "life lessons from awful people" There is a difference.

Thanks for the misquote Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
(04-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Is it bad that I want to start a school and just fill it with life lessons from awful people?

Just because you were convicted in court doesnt mean you are guilty of something. ~ Charles manson

Etc.

With the right illustrator that could be a million dollar idea.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
04-06-2014, 12:48 PM
(04-06-2014 12:39 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Is it bad that I want to start a school and just fill it with life lessons from awful people?

Etc.

With the right illustrator that could be a million dollar idea.

Do you draw? *wiggles eyebrows* lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
(04-06-2014 07:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  This is some good material if anyone wants to read it.
https://www.csustan.edu/history/roots-hitlers-evil

lol another american who thinks he can explain fascism to a german.

you are really starting to go on my nerves you know, I am starting to think of how I could gauge your eyes out and rape your skull.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
04-06-2014, 01:59 PM
(04-06-2014 12:49 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  ...
you are really starting to go on my nerves you know, I am starting to think of how I could gauge your eyes out and rape your skull.

Not gauge... gouge.

Gauges are used by engineers as a precise ...

Oh! I forgot. Sorry. Carry on.

Freudian, or what?

Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-06-2014, 02:06 PM
(04-06-2014 07:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  This is some good material if anyone wants to read it.
https://www.csustan.edu/history/roots-hitlers-evil

Bullshit, you lying fucktard.

JEWs lying fucktard bullshit artist Wrote:"...Hitler's world view was diametrically opposed to Christianity, for which Hitler had nothing but contempt blah blah blah...."

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/...-he-was-q/

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
(04-06-2014 12:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:39 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  With the right illustrator that could be a million dollar idea.
Do you draw? *wiggles eyebrows* lol

It is a good idea.
A book which addresses the "intent" behind "pretty words" might be something worth the time to work on. It might even fill a niche in the young adult nonfiction genre.

I think it's no stretch to assume most free thinkers despise childhood indoctrination. I for one, am slightly horrified that our public schools may not be teaching the basics of critical thinking.

It's tough for young people to see real life examples of how to discern "intent" and "context", especially if they don't even realize they might be getting mixed signals from authority figures. To help young people learn to think for themselves, they need all they can get.

Hey, Dawkins wrote a book for kids on myth and legend... this might be something to gestate on. Drinking Beverage

See what I did there? I make the funnies, I do.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post