Oops; religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 08:47 AM by kim.)
Oops; religion.
Not exactly sure where to put this... world news, maybe? ... science? The article is from 2007 so it isn't "new" news ...

This is pretty creepy since it happened so quickly. I have to wonder if this branch or sect or cult will just die out. Consider Also, wouldn't anyone even remotely related be kind of shunned? Pretty sure no one is gonna want the freaky gene in the pool.

A word to the wise: at some point, you gotta stop fucking your cousin. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
09-10-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Oops; religion.
No words...seriously.

But most people don't understand the idea...they can't wrap their head around the concept that having sex with any close relative is not a good idea.

It also makes me wonder even more about the whole fucking noah tale.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
(09-10-2015 08:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No words...seriously.

But most people don't understand the idea...they can't wrap their head around the concept that having sex with any close relative is not a good idea.

It also makes me wonder even more about the whole fucking noah tale.

Hey, someone has to follow the bible as it was written.

Maybe these guys just got a bit carried away with that part about Lot and his daughters. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-10-2015, 09:16 AM
This is your brain.

.... this is your brain on religion.

Any questions?

(09-10-2015 09:09 AM)kim Wrote:  Hey, someone has to follow the bible as it was written.

Maybe these guys just got a bit carried away with that part about Lot and his daughters. Wink

They're hardcore Mormons, so I doubt they went with the get-drunk-pass-out part.

Then again, Lot had enough of a hard-on for his daughters to have sex with, so I doubt he did either. (That, and it's fiction.)
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
09-10-2015, 09:41 AM
(09-10-2015 09:16 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ----
They're hardcore Mormons, so I doubt they went with the get-drunk-pass-out part.

Then again, Lot had enough of a hard-on for his daughters to have sex with, so I doubt he did either. (That, and it's fiction.)

FICTION. Thumbsup That's the key, right?! People are influenced by fiction all the time... poetry, sonnets, plays, song lyrics.

People haven't ever understood that the bible is a poem. A poem about people killing & fucking each other.... and all that other "life" stuff... you know, birth, death, the whole shebang.

At least in MY favorite fiction, I'm encouraged to have sex with someone different and outside of my current functioning social group. My fiction - my poetry - stamps out tribalism.

Tribalism is the thing that will, when all is said and done, kill out the species human. If it doesn't do it with brute force, it will do it genetically.

So long crazy Mormons, I'm gonna go fuck Klingons!! Shy

09-10-2015, 09:46 AM
A rare baby picture from the ranch.

[Image: 80501694.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post