Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: Open Challenge: Reality cannot exist without thoughts
(27-03-2016 07:22 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The brain before the test starts cannot be counted as part of the test. It is a necessary assumption for the test.

You have just refuted your own argument. You are REALLY bad at this.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
27-03-2016, 08:00 AM
(27-03-2016 07:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 07:22 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The brain before the test starts cannot be counted as part of the test. It is a necessary assumption for the test.

Yep.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-03-2016, 08:01 AM
(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You waved at me after I replied and never indicated you wished to resume the debate.

No... you did not provide a cognizant or coherent reply to my post, all those pages ago.

So there's that.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am was still awaiting an objection to my argument.

It wasn't an 'argument'. Yours was an opening statement to which I replied that you had it/were wrong and that you should perform a little test.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A question is not an indication of your position. Still awaiting your objection. I cannot argue with someone that has no objections to my argument.

Again, there is no argument. You made a statement/claim.

It is wrong.

Go and do the little test and then come back with your information. Thumbsup

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A non response to my objection is not an indication of your desire to resume the debate. I cannot argue with someone that has no objection to my argument.

Laugh out load

Oh, that's funny!

You initially posted a point. I simply said you were wrong.

You now have to come back and explain why you are right.

We're not having an argument. I haven't even paid my $10. Wink

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If you wait 5 minutes after you asked a question and then waved goodbye how does this prove that someone is ignoring you?

No, not ignoring me (Or any one else) by not posting an actual reply addressing the things being raised/pointed out/ to yourself is what you're doing.

Things which you are again continuing to do in these very replies.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The person seeing you wave goodbye & then walk away will automatically assume you left the debate.

Consider

You seem to have a problem with understanding all of a post. There were other words in said 'Wave' message than just that.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  They even waved back at you and you didn't object.

Because if you actually wanted a continuing reply, you would have;

A) Answered the initial comment I made coherently.
B) Offered a coherent point/possible counter claim
C) Posted the evidence you said you had.

You have so far done none of the above. Myself and other readers are still waiting.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The very next time you met you never indicated you wished to resume the debate. You just asked a bunch of questions to them unrelated to the subject of the debate.

We were not at the time nor are we now 'having a debate'.

You are posting things to your heart's content and seemingly continuing to ignore the posts people are putting to yourself.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I will continue when you directly indicate to me you wish to resume the debate.

Laugh out load

Again you bring humor. Though more myself laughing at your attempts to change the subject/ignore previous posts.

No. You no longer get to dictate to myself.

You made an initial post/claim. I made a post with a test.

Not an argument. Not a rebuttal. Not a denial. Not a question.

You are failing to address this. You have continued to fail to address this. You insisting on me doing anything is becoming something of a poor taste.
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
27-03-2016, 08:06 AM
(27-03-2016 07:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

The brain before the test is not part of the test.
It falls outside of the components of the test.
We could use any medium as the starting line of the test once it does not affect the test. This includes both thoughts and physical objects as well, thus it cannot be accepted as part of the test.
In science you need constants to do proper tests.

The brain during the test is admissible evidence, not the brain before the test.
You are mixing up the timeline of events with a presuppositional base premise.
27-03-2016, 08:11 AM
(27-03-2016 08:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The brain before the test is not part of the test.

This sums you up perfectly.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
27-03-2016, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 08:25 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(27-03-2016 08:01 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You waved at me after I replied and never indicated you wished to resume the debate.

No... you did not provide a cognizant or coherent reply to my post, all those pages ago.

So there's that.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am was still awaiting an objection to my argument.

It wasn't an 'argument'. Yours was an opening statement to which I replied that you had it/were wrong and that you should perform a little test.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A question is not an indication of your position. Still awaiting your objection. I cannot argue with someone that has no objections to my argument.

It is wrong.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A non response to my objection is not an indication of your desire to resume the debate. I cannot argue with someone that has no objection to my argument.

Laugh out load

Oh, that's funny!

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If you wait 5 minutes after you asked a question and then waved goodbye how does this prove that someone is ignoring you?

No, not ignoring me (Or any one else) by not posting an actual reply addressing the things being raised/pointed out/ to yourself is what you're doing.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The person seeing you wave goodbye & then walk away will automatically assume you left the debate.

Consider

You seem to have a problem with understanding all of a post. There were other words in said 'Wave' message than just that.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  They even waved back at you and you didn't object.

You have so far done none of the above. Myself and other readers are still waiting.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The very next time you met you never indicated you wished to resume the debate. You just asked a bunch of questions to them unrelated to the subject of the debate.

You are posting things to your heart's content and seemingly continuing to ignore the posts people are putting to yourself.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I will continue when you directly indicate to me you wish to resume the debate.

Laugh out load

Again you bring humor. Though more myself laughing at your attempts to change the subject/ignore previous posts.

You are failing to address this. You have continued to fail to address this. You insisting on me doing anything is becoming something of a poor taste.
Let me get this right:

I had no argument at the start.
I started with a claim.
You then said I'm wrong.
I never presented my argument
You never presented an argument
You never objected to an argument because I never presented one.
I never objected to an argument you made because you never presented one.

It would appear a debate never started between the two of us
So tell me again why do I HAVE to explain to you why I am right or even why you are wrong?

Wait in line like everyone else for my argument and then object if you wish to start a debate with me.

:grumbles inwardly: Imaginary kids these days... never have any patience..
27-03-2016, 08:24 AM
(27-03-2016 08:19 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 08:01 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No... you did not provide a cognizant or coherent reply to my post, all those pages ago.

So there's that.

It is wrong.

Laugh out load

Oh, that's funny!

Consider

Laugh out load

Let me get this right:

I started with a claim.
You then said I'm wrong.

So tell me again why do I HAVE to explain to you why I am right?

Wait in line like everyone else for my argument and then object if you wish to start a debate with me.

This is a peach.

[Image: 1430713111513]

Banjo.
27-03-2016, 08:26 AM
(27-03-2016 08:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 08:19 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Let me get this right:

I started with a claim.
You then said I'm wrong.

So tell me again why do I HAVE to explain to you why I am right?

This is a peach.

Your face is a peach?
27-03-2016, 08:30 AM
(27-03-2016 08:26 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 08:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  This is a peach.

Your face is a peach?

[Image: crabapple09.jpg]

Banjo.
27-03-2016, 08:37 AM
(27-03-2016 08:19 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Let me get this right:

1)I had no argument at the start.
2)I started with a claim.
3)You then said I'm wrong.
4)I never presented my argument
5)You never presented an argument
6)You never objected to an argument because I never presented one.
7)I never objected to an argument you made because you never presented one.

1) Indeed.
2) Yes, you did/have
3) Correct again.
4) You did not.
5) As I did not need to.
6) Correct again.
7) You have since done a lot of posting so I've not kept up with all 10 or so pages. You may have made an argument with some one else since then. Consider

But other-wise and in all Yes

Congratulations, you're correct and have summed up the opening two posts correctly and succinctly.

Thumbsup

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It would appear a debate never started between the two of us.

Thumbsup

Right again, bravo.

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  So tell me again why do I HAVE to explain to you why I am right or even why you are wrong?

Why do you have to post something which explains why you are right would be the next thing along.

I already posted that your initial, opening post/statement was wrong. if you want to agree with me then fine.

Thumbsup

(27-03-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Wait in line like everyone else for my argument and then object if you wish to start a debate with me.

Well.. since technically I am first in line... Consider

However, if on the other hand, you're actually going to follow along with the evidence you said you would all those posts ago?

Thumbsup

Good-O! Will look forwards to your evidence and your further posts on why your position/opening post is right.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post