Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 10:07 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
RE: Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts
(29-03-2016 07:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 04:54 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The point I am making is this:
We have no reason to believe we will live on after death.
There is NOTHING in your OP that sounds ANYTHING like the above even with the loosest usage of English. This is just bald faced revisionist bullshit.
Who cares?
That's what the explanatory sub posts are for.
Let me guess you are one of those occassional eavesdroppers mentioned earlier that try to ridicule an argument without reading all the counter arguments.
Good luck with that... really... good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2016, 10:41 AM
(29-03-2016 04:54 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 04:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A meaningless tautology. YOU did not know about reality, before your LEARNED how to integrate and associate perceptions and memories. You LEARNED to validate perceptions and integrate them. Then you did have a reasonable perception of reality. (Well most do). Your point is meaningless, obvious, and irrelevant. The LEARNING process in no way "creates" reality. You become aware of it BY LEARNING. It was always there. Facepalm
Weeping
I know it's obvious, but only to those who observe it.
The topic is meant for those that don't observe it, and if no such people exist then it is meaningless, but there are such people.

There are people that think when they are no longer capable of perceiving things in this world they will exist in another reality. They are called Theists.

The point I am making is this:
We have no reason to believe we will live on after death.
Aka
Reality does not exist if you are not able to perceive it.

Yes I know I have a controversial way of saying things. That's how I roll. Cool

Wait. What ?
This topic is meant to be observed by those who don't observe it ?
Ok.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2016, 11:12 AM
I'm still getting a great laugh out of a guy who calls himself "Agnostic Shane" criticizing someone else for saying, "to the best of my knowledge".

What a fucking maroon.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 11:22 AM
(30-03-2016 11:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm still getting a great laugh out of a guy who calls himself "Agnostic Shane" criticizing someone else for saying, "to the best of my knowledge".

What a fucking maroon.

I think I've got it. Cookies/crackers (communion) for atheists.
Maroons. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2016, 02:55 PM
(30-03-2016 11:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm still getting a great laugh out of a guy who calls himself "Agnostic Shane" criticizing someone else for saying, "to the best of my knowledge".

What a fucking maroon.
I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

What a copulating shade of purple. Laughat
30-03-2016, 03:10 PM
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  

What a fucking maroon.
I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

It looks like a copulating shade of mauve to me... or maybe lavender.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-03-2016, 03:12 PM
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  

What a fucking maroon.

I've not seen as many negative reps since the last time I went onto my Ebay account.
[+] 2 users Like PaddyOdoors's post
30-03-2016, 03:28 PM
(30-03-2016 03:12 PM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

I've not seen as many negative reps since the last time I went onto my Ebay account.
Then you ought to login to your http://www.ratemybody.com profile and check your rate.
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
30-03-2016, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 10:11 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

... said the agnostic solipsist.

(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

"Winning", now "teams" ... what sort of thinking is this? I don't belong to a thinking team. I prefer to think for myself, and arrive at my own conclusions if such are available.

Your mileage obviously varies.

(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What a copulating shade of purple. Laughat

I'm sure you feel smarter after that comment. Glad I could help, you certainly need it.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 07:35 PM
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post