Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 10:17 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 11:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm still getting a great laugh out of a guy who calls himself "Agnostic Shane" criticizing someone else for saying, "to the best of my knowledge".

What a fucking maroon.
I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

What a copulating shade of purple. Laughat

No amount of evidence can convince a solipsist (it is entirely untestable, and thus unfalsifiable), so why should anyone waste their time? Evidence requires that you at least trust that some of your perceptions are accurate some of the time, and a solipsist is someone who refuses to take that philosophical next step. That is why solipsism is an epistemological dead end, it has no way of determining what is and is not true.

Which brings us back to the sad sack arguing with the figments of his own imagination, and the rest of us wondering why this cunt is still here.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-03-2016, 06:29 AM
RE: Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts
(30-03-2016 02:55 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 11:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm still getting a great laugh out of a guy who calls himself "Agnostic Shane" criticizing someone else for saying, "to the best of my knowledge".

What a fucking maroon.
I'm still getting a laugh out of the fact that someone who says "to the best of our knowledge" is the best evidence he can provide.

I'm not hung up on evidence my friend, that's your team remember? I'm just borrowing your logic and can't make it to your conclusions.

What a copulating shade of purple. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post