Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Open Challenge: Reality cannot exist without thoughts
(27-03-2016 12:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Which includes coming back to post that I suppose?

No.. it involved going and doing some house work...

(27-03-2016 12:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  "I've provided a test. Try it out."
You answered my question with a question, to which I replied with a question.

No.. I posted something that wasn't a question in and of itself. More like a test for your opening hypothesis.

There was no question in my first reply. Indeed, when you alleged such a thing I asked you to go find this question you've claimed I made.

So still waiting for that as well.

It's these kinds of constant run arounds which had me only partially refreshing/watching this thread in the first place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
27-03-2016, 03:44 AM
(27-03-2016 12:52 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Which includes coming back to post that I suppose?

No.. it involved going and doing some house work...

Which to be fair, was a far better use of your time. At least you got something out of it. Yes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-03-2016, 03:57 AM
(26-03-2016 10:39 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 10:35 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I don't have to.

You're the one making the claims.

I've provided a test. Try it out.

If we're still here when you get back from the land of Nod, well........

Thumbsup
We both made claims. You didn't ask me to prove my claim. I would easily submit my evidence if only you would ask.

Are you not claiming that by going to sleep and waking up it proves that reality exists outside of your thoughts?

Your hypothesis need not be tested because you need an objective to initiate the test.
What is the objective?

Steps of the Scientific Method
1. Observation/Research
2. Hypothesis
3. Prediction
4. Experimentation
5. Conclusion

The pyramids, the Flavian amphitheater, Constantinople etc etc all exist and have since before you were born.

Solopsist moron.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
27-03-2016, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 04:36 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(27-03-2016 03:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 10:39 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  We both made claims. You didn't ask me to prove my claim. I would easily submit my evidence if only you would ask.

Are you not claiming that by going to sleep and waking up it proves that reality exists outside of your thoughts?

Your hypothesis need not be tested because you need an objective to initiate the test.
What is the objective?

Steps of the Scientific Method
1. Observation/Research
2. Hypothesis
3. Prediction
4. Experimentation
5. Conclusion

The pyramids, the Flavian amphitheater, Constantinople etc etc all exist and have since before you were born.

Solopsist moron.
Nice claim.
How did you prove that to yourself?

Scientific Method (Peebothulhull style)
1. Observation
2. Hypothesis
3. Prediction
4. Experimentation/Research
5. Observation/results/comparison of 'Before' and 'After'.
6. Conclusion

What was the test that lead you to believe that reality existed before you were born? Does your test have a controlled environment whereby your thoughts were separated from reality? How did you control this test without using your thoughts? The instant you try to observe the test you will tamper with the evidence. The instant you try to compare the test you will interfere with it.
There exists no possible point in the experiment where you can observe the test without using thought 2nd. Your test cannot be performed.
Therefore the statement reality existed before your thoughts is a null hypothesis and thus cannot be proven.

So why should you believe in it?
27-03-2016, 04:32 AM
(27-03-2016 04:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 03:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The pyramids, the Flavian amphitheater, Constantinople etc etc all exist and have since before you were born.

Solopsist moron.
Nice claim.

Scientific Method
I need an example of you proving that the pyramids existed before you could think about it.

The question above proves your idiocy 100%.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-03-2016, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 05:59 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(27-03-2016 04:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 04:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Nice claim.

Scientific Method
I need an example of you proving that the pyramids existed before you could think about it.

The question above proves your idiocy 100%.
What was the test that lead you to believe that reality existed before you were born?
Does your fully completed test have a controlled environment whereby your thoughts were separated from reality the entire time?
How did you control this test without using your thoughts? Let me guess you examned the thoughts of others. Still requires you to think before you can fully complete the test.
In a test to prove that reality always comes before thoughts at no point in the test must thought come before reality.The instant you try to examine the test you will tamper with the evidence. There exists no possible point in the experiment where you can examine the test without using thought first. Your test cannot be fully completed without an examination.
No test can be fully completed without an examination of the evidence. If your examination of the evidence tampers with the evidence the test is invalid.
Therefore the statement reality existed before your thoughts is a null hypothesis and thus cannot be proven.
So why should you believe in a null hypothesis?

Let's perform a good test and examine the results.
The sample must have a timeline and a state for it to be a valid sample.
Take for example this cup Drinking Beverage
The sample timeline is 1 minute starting at any point in time after this sentence & it's state will be the state at the exact point in time where you started testing the timeline.
In 5 seconds... Go.
Drinking Beverage
1 minute
End Drinking Beverage

Ok good, we have our data. Let's review:
We already know testing for reality first leads to a null hypothesis.
Let's test for thought first then.
How did you start the test at the start of the 1 minute? The exact microsecond. Was it a thought that initiated the clock or was it the clock that initiated the thought? We started the process with a thought to look at the exact first microsecond of the first second, what came next in the process was a clock, followed by the recording of the Drinking Beverage until the minute was over.
I have repeated this test multiple times and the results were always the same. Thought comes before the reality.

The question is "how do you know" reality exist before thought.
You can't possibly know without a thought, you can only guess.

Reality exists before thought. Null hypothesis
Thought exists before reality. Easily proven.
27-03-2016, 04:55 AM
How to deal with solipsists:

[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
27-03-2016, 05:16 AM
(27-03-2016 04:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 04:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The question above proves your idiocy 100%.
What was the test that lead you to believe that reality existed before you were born?
Does your fully completed test have a controlled environment whereby your thoughts were separated from reality the entire time?
How did you control this test without using your thoughts? Let me guess you examned the thoughts of others. Still requires you to think before you can fully complete the test.
The instant you try to examine the test you will tamper with the evidence. There exists no possible point in the experiment where you can examine the test without using thought first. Your test cannot be fully completed without an examination.

I can prove thought has to occur before I can examine reality by simply considering if I was not thinking at the point when I examined the reality. The answer is obvious. There exists no point in time where my examination of the evidence occurred before I was able to think.
For me to know I see it I would have already been thinking.
For me to know I hear it I would have already been thinking.
For me to know I taste it I would already by thinking.
For me to know I smell it I would already be thinking.
For me to know I feel it I would already be thinking.

First of all, I am not so arrogant that I am the only thing to exist. Although I've known some pop stars who thought they were.

Your major problem, aside being a complete fool, is that you have no understanding of history.

Read Herodotus, Polybius, Thucydides, Virgil, Psellus, Marco Polo, Tolstoy etc and realise the world existed before you did.

Do you believe WWII did not happen??? Do you doubt it? There is an abundance of evidence. Including my dad who fought the Japanese in the Pacific.

Banjo.
27-03-2016, 05:23 AM
(27-03-2016 04:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 04:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The question above proves your idiocy 100%.
The instant you try to examine the test you will tamper with the evidence. There exists no possible point in the experiment where you can examine the test without using thought first. Your test cannot be fully completed without an examination.
No test can be fully completed without an examination of the evidence. If your examination of the evidence tampers with the evidence the test is invalid.

I can prove thought has to occur before I can examine reality by simply considering if I was not thinking at the point when I examined the reality. The answer is obvious. There exists no point in time where my examination of the evidence occurred before I was able to think.
For me to know I see it I would have already been thinking.
For me to know I hear it I would have already been thinking.
For me to know I taste it I would already by thinking.
For me to know I smell it I would already be thinking.
For me to know I feel it I would already be thinking.

Congrats! You figured it out! You're a brain floating in a jar plugged into the Matrix. You have no way to test this or otherwise invalidate it, so you cannot prove it's false. I mean, how can you prove you're not a brain in a jar experiencing a simulated reality?

Now kindly fuck off.

For Everyone Else: See? He's a Philosophy 101 dropout. Mind. Fucking. Blown.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-03-2016, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 06:17 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(27-03-2016 05:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 04:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What was the test that lead you to believe that reality existed before you were born?
The sample timeline is 1 minute starting at any point in time after this sentence & it's state will be the state at the exact point in time where you started testing the timeline.
In 5 seconds... Go.
Drinking Beverage
1 minute
End Drinking Beverage

How did you start the test at the start of the 1 minute? The exact microsecond. Was it a thought that initiated the clock or was it the clock that initiated the thought? We started the process with a thought to look at the exact first microsecond of the first second, what came next in the process was a clock, followed by the recording of the Drinking Beverage until the minute was over.
I have repeated this test multiple times and the results were always the same. Thought comes before the reality in chronological order.

Thought exists before reality. Easily proven..

Congrats! You figured it out! You're a brain floating in a jar plugged into the Matrix. You have no way to test this or otherwise invalidate it, so you cannot prove it's false. I mean, how can you prove you're not a brain in a jar experiencing a simulated reality?

Now kindly fuck off.

For Everyone Else: See? He's a Philosophy 101 dropout. Mind. Fucking. Blown.
I'm. Other trying to prove any brains in jars or matrix. The topic title is clear.

We are discussing the reality vs thought timeline.
It'seems very testable.
It's the easiest test you can perform.
We can do it right now.

In 5 seconds... Go.
Drinking Beverage
1 minute
End Drinking Beverage

I have repeated this test multiple times and the results were always the same. Thought comes before the reality in chronological order.