Open Challenge: Reality may not exist without thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: Open Challenge: Reality cannot exist without thoughts
(27-03-2016 06:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 06:50 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Is that your counter argument? Your not debating Banjo.
What's your purpose here?

My purpose? Certainly not to dignify your idiocy. If anything it is to make fun of it. Big Grin

You are so you do not understand sarcasm. Don Rickles would have been lost on you.

Here you are, imagining you are having a serious discussions. Meanwhile, everyone is laughing at you. Big Grin

You are a clown. And the proof of this it is unbeknownst to you. Big Grin
You just admitted you are not here to debate, so please leave "the debate thread"
Mods?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 06:58 AM
(27-03-2016 06:56 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 06:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My purpose? Certainly not to dignify your idiocy. If anything it is to make fun of it. Big Grin

You are so you do not understand sarcasm. Don Rickles would have been lost on you.

Here you are, imagining you are having a serious discussions. Meanwhile, everyone is laughing at you. Big Grin

You are a clown. And the proof of this it is unbeknownst to you. Big Grin
You just admitted you are not here to debate, so please leave "the debate thread"
Mods?

No, earlier I mentioned the Flavian amphitheatre and pyramids. You failed to address those points.

Now, you qualify as just an idiot.

This is why you have minus 13 rep' you clod.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-03-2016, 07:01 AM
[Image: colosseo8-144C71FE994055B394E.jpg]

[Image: khafrepyramid.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
27-03-2016, 07:03 AM
(26-03-2016 10:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Open challenge to the first person to accept my challenge:

Thought is more real than physical reality & reality cannot exist without thoughts.

Edit:
Let's perform a good test and examine the results.
The sample must have a timeline and a state for it to be a valid sample.
Take for example this cup Drinking Beverage
The sample timeline is 1 minute starting at any point in time after this sentence & it's state will be the state at the exact point in time where you started testing the timeline.
In 5 seconds... Go.
Drinking Beverage
1 minute
End Drinking Beverage

Ok good, we have our data. Let's review:
How did you start the test at the start of the 1 minute? The exact microsecond. Was it a thought that initiated the clock or was it the clock that initiated the thought? We started the process with a thought to look at the exact first microsecond of the first second, what came next in the process was a clock, followed by the recording of the Drinking Beverage until the minute was over.
I have repeated this test multiple times and the results were always the same. Thought comes before the reality in chronological order.

The question is "how do you know" reality exist before thought.
You can't possibly know without a thought, you can only guess.

Reality exists before thought. Null hypothesis
Thought exists before reality. Easily proven.

so if i push a comatose guy down a flight of stairs he'll be ok because he's not having any thoughts?
27-03-2016, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 07:17 AM by unfogged.)
(27-03-2016 06:56 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You just admitted you are not here to debate, so please leave "the debate thread"
Mods?

A mod already moved this to the Viper's Pit so it is no longer a debate thread. It was never a debate as your initial post is incoherent. Your example does not show a thought preceding anything physical; at best you showed a thought beginning a process within a brain; no "clock" was initiated or created. Please provide an example of a thought that is not the product of a physical brain.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-03-2016, 07:09 AM
(27-03-2016 06:58 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 06:56 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You just admitted you are not here to debate, so please leave "the debate thread"
Mods?

No, earlier I mentioned the Flavian amphitheatre and pyramids. You failed to address those points.

Then say that as your counter argument, not "= idiot". This is a debate thread whether you like it or not.

What is the test you used?
What is the starting state and timeline of the test you used to prove the amphitheatre and pyramids existed before you thought about it?
When you define the starting state & timeline show me how you are able to conduct this experiment within a controlled environment.
When you get the results please show that thought was not the first stimulus from the instant the test began.
Failure to do so renders your argument inconclusive.
27-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Quote:Thought is more real than physical reality

Come on, dont be silly........

But hey, how can you be sure i said this, when its not even sure i do exist.

So most probably, you just said this to yourself. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-03-2016, 07:15 AM
(27-03-2016 07:09 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 06:58 AM)Banjo Wrote:  No, earlier I mentioned the Flavian amphitheatre and pyramids. You failed to address those points.

Then say that as your counter argument, not "= idiot". This is a debate thread whether you like it or not.

What is the test you used?
What is the starting state and timeline of the test you used to prove the amphitheatre and pyramids existed before you thought about it?
When you define the starting state & timeline show me how you are able to conduct this experiment within a controlled environment.
When you get the results please show that thought was not the first stimulus from the instant the test began.
Failure to do so renders your argument inconclusive.

This is an apple.

[Image: apple-01.jpg]

Banjo.
27-03-2016, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 07:25 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(27-03-2016 07:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
Mods?

A mod already moved this to the Viper's Pit so it is no longer a debate thread. It was never a debate as your initial post in incoherent. Your example does not show a thought preceding anything physical; at best you showed a thought beginning a process within a brain; no "clock" was initiated or created. Please provide an example of a thought that is not the product of a physical brain.
The test is to determine the chronology of events from a specific starting starting state and timeline.
If the timeline starts at the first microsecond what will be the initial stimulus? The clock or the thought?
I can do the test with a brain as well. The test begins at the first microsecond. The brain before the test starts cannot be counted as part of the test. It is a necessary assumption for the test.
Example: Where does a race begin? After the starting line. The starting line is not part of the race.
Similarly the brain before microsecond 1 is the starting line and therefore cannot be counted as part of the test.
Which brings us to the question, what happens at the initiation of microsecond 1.
Which process occurs at the initiation of microsecond 1?
I listed the chronology of events from microsecond one based on my examination of the test.
In every instance I have done the test I observed that thought comes first.
Please conduct the test for any reality you can think of and show me where a thought was not the first part of the process.
27-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Consider

So.. I come back from doing other productive stuff to find;

Ag-Shane can't even tell where 'Their' thread has been moved too and insists on bullying other posters with threats of them being 'Modded' out of the thread.

Ag-Shane is still posting stuff and ignoring/refusing to actually answer questions put to them. All the while insisting that others answer their questions.

I note there is still no actual answer to my original posts... all those pages ago...

So, it's par for the course for a thread created/participated in by Ag-Shane.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post