Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
(26-08-2015 11:16 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Keep embracing the delusion my ineducable friend, embrace it hard.

Any platform you like, good buddy. I will bring the pain, all you have to do is show up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 11:39 AM
(26-08-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Any platform you like, good buddy. I will bring the pain, all you have to do is show up.

"Bring the pain", eh? On, just to be clear, any of the following topics?

- Cosmological Argument
- Argument From Design
- Argument From Consciousness
- Ontological Argument
- Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus

I am not surprised that no one has taken you up on the "challenge", really. All of this nonsense has been dealt with ad nauseam. Even if it hadn't, it would be a complete waste of time in any case, since all of the above - save the last, which you quite bluntly do not have the expertise to argue for - are fallacious on the face of it.

Any "debate" would literally be a series of sentence-long rebuttals, followed by you running about in circles trying to pretend that your sand castle hadn't just been crushed.

No one cares enough to indulge you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-08-2015, 01:19 PM
(26-08-2015 11:39 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Any platform you like, good buddy. I will bring the pain, all you have to do is show up.

"Bring the pain", eh? On, just to be clear, any of the following topics?

- Cosmological Argument
- Argument From Design
- Ontological Argument

I am not surprised that no one has taken you up on the "challenge", really. All of this nonsense has been dealt with ad nauseam. Even if it hadn't, it would be a complete waste of time in any case, since all of the above - save the last, which you quite bluntly do not have the expertise to argue for - are fallacious on the face of it.

Any "debate" would literally be a series of sentence-long rebuttals, followed by you running about in circles trying to pretend that your sand castle hadn't just been crushed.

True, that and he has already had his ass handed to him three times in one on one debates.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-08-2015, 01:27 PM
(26-08-2015 01:19 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:39 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  "Bring the pain", eh? On, just to be clear, any of the following topics?

- Cosmological Argument
- Argument From Design
- Ontological Argument

True, that and he has already had his ass handed to him three times in one on one debates.

... and he continues to claim that he "won" those debates, and that his opponents are "victims".

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

He really ought to use the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail as his avatar.

[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
26-08-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 02:04 PM by Free.)
(26-08-2015 11:18 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:16 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Keep embracing the delusion my ineducable friend, embrace it hard.

Any platform you like, good buddy. I will bring the pain, all you have to do is show up.

The only thing you, or others like you, have ever brought to this community is to demonstrate to the lurkers how utterly pathetic the concept of Intelligent Design actually is.

You actually do this forum- and what it represents- a favour by illustrating to those who are on the cusp of leaving religion even more reason to leave their religion.

It requires a stronger moral resolve to stand on the side of truth as a non believer, rather than merely exist in the abyss of ignorance that religions have brought to people such as yourself, and billions of others.

You do not have the strength, education, or the intellectual honesty to even think about questioning what you so readily believe to be true. You are hopelessly lost in a cesspool of misinformation, conspiracy theory, endless ambiguity, and outright lies.

There is no hope for you. There never will be. You will die believing in some great afterlife based upon promises made by an ancient culture who did not have the benefit of modern science to aid them in determining the difference between beliefs, and facts. You are no different than an ancient human being, barely out of the cave dwellings.

So go point at the sky and exclaim "God!" Go forth and, with your ancient book and beliefs, condemn the world to its supposedly inevitable demise. Spend the rest of your days believing you will have a reward at the end of your life, and do nothing more than work towards that end.

But we here- those of us who value this only life known to be had- will continue to build our version of heaven right here on earth, so that perhaps some day our descendants- and even your descendants- will be able to advance the betterment of the human race and all life as a reward to all of humanity, and all of life in general.

Your days with religious beliefs are numbered, as it is absolutely inevitable that the future will bring desolation for religious beliefs, for the simple reason that education and knowledge will make your archaic religious beliefs nothing more than a past travesty of human history.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 9 users Like Free's post
26-08-2015, 02:17 PM
(26-08-2015 01:46 PM)Free Wrote:  

The only thing you, or others like you, have ever brought to this community is to demonstrate to the lurkers how utterly pathetic the concept of Intelligent Design actually is.

You actually do this forum- and what it represents- a favour by illustrating to those who are on the cusp of leaving religion even more reason to leave their religion.

It requires a stronger moral resolve to stand on the side of truth as a non believer, rather than merely exist in the abyss of ignorance that religions have brought to people such as yourself, and billions of others.

You do not have the strength, education, or the intellectual honesty to even think about questioning what you so readily believe to be true. You are hopelessly lost in a cesspool of misinformation, conspiracy theory, endless ambiguity, and outright lies.

There is no hope for you. There never will be. You will die believing in some great afterlife based upon promises made by an ancient culture who did not have the benefit of modern science to aid them in determining the difference between beliefs, and facts. You are no different than an ancient human being, barely out of the cave dwellings.

So go point at the sky and exclaim "God!" Go forth and, with your ancient book and beliefs, condemn the world to its supposedly inevitable demise. Spend the rest of your days believing you will have a reward at the end of your life, and do nothing more than work towards that end.

But we here- those of us who value this only life known to be had- will continue to build our version of heaven right here on earth, so that perhaps some day our descendants- and even your descendants- will be able to advance the betterment of the human race and all life as a reward to all of humanity, and all of life in general.

Your days with religious beliefs are numbered, as it is absolutely inevitable that the future will bring desolation for religious beliefs, for the simple reason that education and knowledge will make your archaic religious beliefs nothing more than a past travesty of human history.

Clap

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-08-2015, 02:31 PM

Listen you silly shit, enough of us have wasted time answering your crap before. You just ignore whatever anyone says and continue on your merry deluded way, laughing about how you've "won" the debate. There's ZERO point in "debating" you. You have proved repeatedly that you are not worth the time.

Now *you*, you delightfully addled motherfucker, have decided that we're not good enough debate opponents, *all by your conceited self*, so get the fuck out already. Go find those worthy opponents who *will* take on your numbskull views.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-08-2015, 03:44 PM
I am aware that by saying this I am going very much against the grain of this thread, but I am interested in accepting COTW's challenge again. I understand that a lot of you feel that he is beyond your patience and you would rather he left for good, but I actually enjoyed our debate. I hope you can all indulge me, if not him.

@COTW: In fact, I think it would be a good idea if we discussed our debate on the Kalam Cosmological Argument, if only for a moment. I felt that it came to a very unsatisfactory ending without any explanation from you as to why. I was especially disappointed in its abrupt end, because I was about to hear your explanation for arguing a universe created out of nothing, and then not being so convinced by that concept after all. It wasn't clear whether or not you supported or denounced the idea.

I also felt that we had finally reached an understanding of why I don't think there is any such thing as a problem of infinity. I repeated it in many different ways over a variety of posts, and I had thought to have finally reached you with the last one.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 3 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
26-08-2015, 03:46 PM
(26-08-2015 03:44 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I am aware that by saying this I am going very much against the grain of this thread, but I am interested in accepting COTW's challenge again. I understand that a lot of you feel that he is beyond your patience and you would rather he left for good, but I actually enjoyed our debate. I hope you can all indulge me, if not him.

Hey, man, you do you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-08-2015, 04:17 PM

Already happened, remember the school yard beating I gave you here?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...f-the-wild

Bangin

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post