Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 04:50 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
(26-08-2015 10:55 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:38 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So let me get this straight, after having the floor mopped with your ass in what....3 separate debates, you want another go? lol You truly are delusional on an epic level. Glutton for punishment...either that or excessive need for attention Consider

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid804356

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid752053

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid734084

Laugh out load

Evidence for jesus miracles: zero

Evidence of witnesses for jesus's miracles: zero

Evidence for god: zero

Evidence that the major stories of the OT (flood, exodus, moses etc) actually happened: zero

Well, well, well...good ole GWOG...still tryin', ain't he? One day, we can only hope, that he will raise a half-decent argument against the Resurrection that isn't so easily refuted by the likes of myself.

One day..
Ya.....that day happened months ago and enough times to fill up a Julian Calendar. Considering absolutely no one in existence has come forward to back your deluded time line/version of events and considering further that you are well aware of this fact, your repeated attempts propagate so obvious a delusion can only mean your simply trying as hard as you can to convince yourself. I mean you keep coming back to tell a group of people who, you know perfectly well, read all those debates while they were happening and KNOW you lost them repeatedly and soundly.

Tell me Call_of_the_Wild.......is it working?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-08-2015, 04:53 PM
(26-08-2015 10:56 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I really didn't understand the point you are making.

Hey, isn't that neat!

You just found the title for your eventual 13 page Autobiography!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-08-2015, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 07:00 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(26-08-2015 10:55 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:38 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You are on the losing team COTW. Now run along to your next forum and tell them grandiose lies about how no one would answer your challenge to a debate at TTA. Rolleyes

Well, when I tell them that, what part about it isn't true? Laugh out load

The part where you leave out the reasons people don't accept your challenge is that your an uneducated, self entitled, troll with a history of dishonest aruging and out right lying and delusions of grandeur.

Which changes the tone from "I'm an excellent debater" closer towards "No one wanted to get my stupid all over them". A subtle...but important difference.

If you go to any other atheist forums, before you are inevitably banned, why not link to those debates and ask how many people think you won them? Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-08-2015, 05:02 PM
(26-08-2015 11:11 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because it takes so little to expose your lies and stupidity.

And that post was five sentences. You really can't do math. Sad.

Yeah, it was five...that is why I said "on a CONSISTENT basis"...sometimes you are able to pull an extra sentence out of your anus, but it is usually four sentences or less....that is why I said you can't do it on a CONSISTENT basis.

Reading comprehension is fundemental.
The derpy fuck says in post containing two sentences one of which is a giant run on sentence. Laugh out load

Oh no I used one sentence! I'm melting! Meeeeelting hakjhlSgkl...?

26-08-2015, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 05:09 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(26-08-2015 11:16 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I am still shocked that no one has accepted the challenge yet. Blows my mind.

Yes but so do shinny objects and bright colours so..whoopdie-fuckin'-do?

Is the idea that people don't want to talk to a clearly deranged person really that surprising to you? Really? From our point of view you basically challenging people to verbally beat up on a mentally deficient man child. Why would you possibly expect there to be takers?

Maybe people don't want to give their number to a person who has admitted he WANTS to be a serial killer? You derpy fuck.

26-08-2015, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 05:13 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
Lard have mercy, a double post!

26-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(25-08-2015 03:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If a male lion goes on a rampage and starts killing hyenas, is the lion a serial killer? On atheism, humans aren't anything but advanced ANIMALS...so if God doesn't exist, and I become a serial killer, I am just an animal killing other animals...in the same way a lion kills a hyena.

This is a very interesting point, and one I have read in one of your posts before. Let me see if I can explain why this is not a valid comparison. You see, there are many different ways for an argument to be flawed. One of these is by omission.

In this case, you have left out of your comparison the facts about our place in nature. Basically, we are advanced primates regardless of whether or not there is a god, or if a particular religion is true. Our characteristics and our classification would remain the same, because those things are based in science. Regardless of why or how that evidence came to be for the scientists to uncover, it is still there.

So, what's wrong with being an "animal" of the kind you are talking about? You are certainly not the first person I have met who expresses serious disdain at being associated or related to other living creatures, especially when those creatures behave in disgusting and/or violent ways. I understand not wanting to be associated with those behaviors, or not wanting the association to create excuses for poor moral behavior.

What I think is really important for you to understand is this. Even if you are right about god, creation, and everything else, we are still animals. We are a part of nature because we share our very physical structure with the world around us. Even if you don't accept the science related to evolution, you are still almost entirely made from the same DNA as a chimpanzee, and much less so from the DNA of a banana. Science has simply revealed that we are just one vein in the bloodstream of living things on this planet, and we belong here.

So, if I were you, I would be asking myself why it is that I associate being classified as an animal with so much negativity.

You said it yourself, we are "advanced". Since you recognize the main difference between us and the rest of sentient life on Earth, what is it that makes us advanced? Well, we have the most advanced primate brain, which grants us many abilities, one of which is self awareness.

Think about it for a second. How how many other creatures do you know of personally who cannot even get that far? Your dog or cat probably looks in the mirror and starts posturing and prancing around what it believes to be a entirely separate cat or dog. Self awareness plucks us right out of the cycle of what we might call " animal" instincts and grants us the unique ability to consciously experience and make judgments.

If you can experience a life, it doesn't take much to imagine what life is like for others. Just like that, we learn empathy as human beings. We understand, in a completely empirical way, that causing harm to other sentient beings causes them to suffer, just as we do all the time.

This is why your comparison is not valid. You are comparing a lion and a few hyenas to a human being, and we just don't have the same brains. A lion doesn't know what it is like to be brutally killed. A lion isn't capable of considering the consequences for another creature. This is why we don't hold what are sometimes called "dumb" animals to human moral standards. They are simply not responsible in the same way.

Besides, lions and hyenas don't kill because they have a choice. They either kill or die of starvation. On the level of the brain, they are operating on hormonal instincts designed to give them their best shot at survival, at any cost.

So. When you tell me that murdering your fellow humans is nothing more than animals killing animals, are you saying that that's all we are? Dumb creatures operating on hormonal instincts to survive? You really don't think that there is any more to us than that?

This is why some of us have been so appalled by your statements about killing people. We understand that killing a human being is a very serious thing. In order to do that, you would have to make a conscious decision to ignore your empathy for that person, to ignore their rights and interests, and selfishly decide to end a life that doesn't belong to you.

Now this is important. It literally doesn't matter if god exists or not when it comes to this stuff. You still have a primate brain either way, and so do I.

So, are you really telling me that without god you really don't care about the experiences of others? Are you really saying that the only thing holding your selfishness and immorality in check is a super being with the power to demand your obedience? Are you really saying that you would act so much like a dumb animal given the chance?

I don't believe you. I simply do not believe you. I think you feel empathy just like anybody else.

Look, the good news is that morality transcends god. An ethical life isn't just possible without the concept, it is necessary to live and prosper. You share with us nonbelievers this one element of hope for the future, that we can all live in peace with one another, endeavoring to make the world a better place.

Whatever your other reasons may be for committing so heavily to apologetics, at least recognize that in moral terms you aren't offering a superior concept. If we all believed as you do, I can't imagine the ways in which we would harm each other during times of doubt, or during a full blown crisis of faith. Everybody gets them, even the devout, at some point or another. You are espousing a morality that is conditional. Since religions are various and often evolve rapidly, I am even less doubtful that usual of using them as a solid foundation for how we treat each other.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 6 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
26-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(26-08-2015 08:33 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 03:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If a male lion goes on a rampage and starts killing hyenas, is the lion a serial killer? On atheism, humans aren't anything but advanced ANIMALS...so if God doesn't exist, and I become a serial killer, I am just an animal killing other animals...in the same way a lion kills a hyena.

This is a very interesting point

Well, no, not really.

The response is a simple "so what?"

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-08-2015, 09:42 PM
(26-08-2015 08:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 08:33 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  This is a very interesting point

Well, no, not really.

The response is a simple "so what?"

I agree. The lion and the human aren't comparable, but he's right. Nothing stops the human from going on the exact killing spree he wants to go on. Ever.

Whether or not it is "moral" is irrelevant to anyone but philosophers and navel-gazers. We say it is immoral because it is counterproductive to mankind, as we are a social animal and such actions disrupt our society, which is why we take violent action against our violent members, when they will not listen to force of persuasion in terms of agreed-upon moral concepts that benefit the society as a whole and make everyone's life better overall. We call these codified rules of violence "laws".

But morality has nothing to do with it, really. It's a fantasy, a figment of our imagination. We do have empathy (normally) for one another, an evolved characteristic for the reasons above-enumerated, which is what we like to call morality, that sense of what our (normal) instincts tell us is good, and what overlays our society has superimposed on that social instinct. (Including, usually, some religious bullshit, which they try to claim is some higher form of moral law, whateverthefuck that is.) We, as social animals, are moral beings in order to fit into that society, or else the whole thing collapses... and in some instances, we can see historical instances of such collapse, when our follower/herd instincts lead us to do things that in peaceful times would be considered immoral, or when we follow charlatans who get their followers to do harm for selfish gain for one society over another, an unfortunate consequence of our hunter-gatherer small-tribal xenophobic evolutionary heritage. We base our "morals" on social rules of our small groups: family, tribe, faith-group/alliances, town, country, depending on the degree of indoctrination to which these social rules are imprinted on our minds.

It's also why we call a lack of moral conscience "antisocial personality disorder".

Why there is even a debate about the idea that there can be some concept of "morality" outside of social constructs and behavioral (desires vs. social rules) instincts, I have no idea. This is why everyone hates philosophy and theology majors, I guess. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 10:04 PM
(26-08-2015 09:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This is why everyone hates philosophy and theology majors, I guess. Tongue

Where I'm from, they're more despised for the fact that basic logic apparently isn't part of their curriculum. They simply parrot whatever stupid ideas the philosopher of the week came up with, and pay no mind to whether or not there was actually any rational basis to those beliefs. You'll never get any sort of coherent defense of any of their beliefs out of them; they simply name-drop Kant or Aquinas and act as though that settles it.

Meanwhile, engineering majors end up taking logical calculus as part of their courses in discrete mathematics, and can discuss philosophy with the best of them.

This may have something to do with the fact that my local philosophy professors are all terrible at their jobs, though. They don't seem to be able to tell the difference between teaching the history of philosophy (and simply asserting that certain philosophers were right) and teaching philosophy itself.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post