Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
(28-08-2015 10:17 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I think I've successfully fought off any attacks against my faith, while also going on the offense by attacking the positions of the opposition.

You came here (on a forum created for atheists), issued a challenge and were soundly defeated around each turn.

If you think otherwise, you are truly delusional and need the kind of help no deity could provide.

No one asked you to come here.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-08-2015, 03:56 PM
(28-08-2015 10:47 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its funny you mentioned that debate of the Kalam, because I had COMPLETELY forgotten about it, man. This is the extent of my forgetfulness; Just yesterday, I was browsing this good ole forum, because I just found out about the "Colosseum' part of it, and how people get to weigh in on the debates...I just found out about this yesterday!!! And I also got a chance to thoroughly browse the Boxing Ring threads, which I've never actually had any interest in doing until recently...so while I was browsing, I saw "Call_of_the_Wild vs Dark Phoenix", and bro, I had to actually click on the thread to see what the debate was about!!! Then I was like Ohhhhh I remember.

Man, I'm losing it Blink

It's okay. I appreciate the explanation. You probably do a lot of debating. It can't be easy to keep it all straight, especially when nobody is on your side here. You have some bones, that's for sure, even if we disagree.

(28-08-2015 10:47 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Tell ya what. Let's debate the topic again. This time, I want to focus on the Cosmological Argument in general, and at least two of the arguments within it.

1. The Kalam (which we discussed)
2. The Libneiz version

They are kind of the same argument, but they attack it from slightly different angles.

We will pretty much cover the same stuff we covered previously, but I have some more "stuff" to put into it it Big Grin

Help me out though COTW, do you think the Kalam argues a universe from nothing or not? Indulge me since we didn't get a chance to talk about it.

If we absolutely must, I could go round two on the kalam, although I can't say I would be thrilled about it. I would more far interested in covering some new ground.

Although, I have never heard of this Libneiz version. Maybe that could constitute new ground.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
28-08-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 04:13 PM by Unbeliever.)
(28-08-2015 03:56 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Although, I have never heard of this Libneiz version. Maybe that could constitute new ground.

It is functionally identical. Substitute the phrase "explanation" for "cause" and there you are.

Unfortunately, it fails to address any of the gaping holes present in any version of the cosmological argument - namely that its basic premise is nothing but bare assertion and that its conclusion is just the special pleading fallacy.

This is why there is no "debate" possible with Call_of_the_Wild on that front. There literally isn't anything else to say. The argument just collapses on its face, and there's the end of it. It's not a matter of opinion or anything that you can try to refute. It's basic logical calculus. "A and B, therefore C" only works if you can show that both A and B are true and that C logically follows from both A and B. The cosmological argument, in whatever incarnation, does neither of these things. The only people who peddle this nonsense as a serious argument for the existence of a god are people who don't understand how logic works and don't care to learn. They just want to dress up their preconceived ideas in a vaguely impressive-looking format and have others bow down to their intellect.

The same thing, though with slight variations on which fallacies are specifically in play, goes for every other argument he listed. Hell, the ontological argument was considered nonsense when it was first presented, by other theists. It's absolute gibberish. Even Thomas Aquinas, an explicit apologist and devout Christian who formulated quite a few stupid "proofs" in his time, rejected it as absolute tripe. It's just not something anyone with a working brain could possibly take seriously. It's utter, incoherent lunacy.

And here's Call_of_the_Wild presenting it as though it's absolutely irrefutable, and challenging people to "debate" him about it. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic, really.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
28-08-2015, 05:21 PM
(28-08-2015 04:05 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 03:56 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Although, I have never heard of this Libneiz version. Maybe that could constitute new ground.

It is functionally identical. Substitute the phrase "explanation" for "cause" and there you are.

Unfortunately, it fails to address any of the gaping holes present in any version of the cosmological argument - namely that its basic premise is nothing but bare assertion and that its conclusion is just the special pleading fallacy.

This is why there is no "debate" possible with Call_of_the_Wild on that front. There literally isn't anything else to say. The argument just collapses on its face, and there's the end of it. It's not a matter of opinion or anything that you can try to refute. It's basic logical calculus. "A and B, therefore C" only works if you can show that both A and B are true and that C logically follows from both A and B. The cosmological argument, in whatever incarnation, does neither of these things. The only people who peddle this nonsense as a serious argument for the existence of a god are people who don't understand how logic works and don't care to learn. They just want to dress up their preconceived ideas in a vaguely impressive-looking format and have others bow down to their intellect.

The same thing, though with slight variations on which fallacies are specifically in play, goes for every other argument he listed. Hell, the ontological argument was considered nonsense when it was first presented, by other theists. It's absolute gibberish. Even Thomas Aquinas, an explicit apologist and devout Christian who formulated quite a few stupid "proofs" in his time, rejected it as absolute tripe. It's just not something anyone with a working brain could possibly take seriously. It's utter, incoherent lunacy.

And here's Call_of_the_Wild presenting it as though it's absolutely irrefutable, and challenging people to "debate" him about it. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic, really.

Nicely worded Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-08-2015, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 07:16 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(28-08-2015 10:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You just aint ready yet, Whisk. Just ain't ready.
This is funny seeing as how many times you have just out and out avoided answering my questions and the fact that you ran from the challenge I issued you months ago. It would also wouldn't be so fucking lame if it wasn't for the fact that it's a total cop out from the criticism and and a cowardly little evade that I see right through.

Bitch I ain't ready?

(28-08-2015 10:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  But don't feel bad...no one is. Cool
"Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Kid I don't even need MY beliefs to kick your ass and make you look like a fool. I can use yours and do it just fine.
Cool Cool #actuallycool

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-08-2015, 06:53 PM
(28-08-2015 10:56 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 04:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Hey, isn't that neat!

You just found the title for your eventual 13 page Autobiography!

Drinking Beverage

I don't know whether I should be more offended by the title of the Autobiography, or the fact that it is only 13 pages Laugh out load
Actually that's a typo on my part it's supposed to read 13 syllables.Drinking Beverage

28-08-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 07:15 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(28-08-2015 11:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  See, now I will have to disagree with that assessment, Whisk.
Couldn't care less about disagreements from a uneducated, self entitled, troll with a history of dishonest aruging and out right lying and delusions of grandeur.

(28-08-2015 11:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I think the reason people won't accept my challenge is because they already know what I'm capable of, and they are already too full on the prior servings of ass whoopings that I gave to them.
Perfectly proving the part about being delusional.

(28-08-2015 11:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You, by the way, were one of the recipients of those cans of ass whoopings. You are already too full on the small servings of whoopings that you recieved in the past, that that small tummy of yours just don't have any room left for an actual ASS WHOOPING entrĂ©e that will come in the form of a one on one debate.
[Image: peacock-special.gif] Rolleyes
Do you think repeating a lie I know is a lie and you know is a lie that I know you know is a lie is gonna get under my skin? 'Cause it aint. I'll just roll my eyes at you and go do something else until you are done trying to desperately inflate your ego.

I actually eagerly accepted your one on one challenge several MONTHS ago but you run from that the second I gave you a single condition to meet. I spent several weeks pestering you about it and reposting over and over my acceptance and my own challenge in many of the threads you were in. You pretended like I had not, even saying that I hadn't when I provided a direct link to my original acceptance and I'm sure you will pretend I haven't again in response to this if you even respond with anything other then more grandstanding delusional "internet tough guy" nonsense.

You are not interested in a reasonable debate one little bit, your interesting in getting a debate going that you can control to make yourself look good. Which is why you ran the second I refused to let you control the debate.

(28-08-2015 11:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  More like "no one wants to get intellectually spanked by a Christian in front of all of there atheistic friends".
Proving your delusional again, which is nice. I appreciate not having to demonstrate it myself. Also if you add the part you selectively edited out about WHY it changes the tone, your response is a complete non-sequitur and makes no sense. Soooo...no not "more like..".

(28-08-2015 11:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It's call "home team bias", clown.
So when people disagree with you it's bias, but your not biased towards yourself one little bit. Uh-huh.

Run along child.

28-08-2015, 07:23 PM
(28-08-2015 11:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 05:02 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The derpy fuck says in post containing two sentences one of which is a giant run on sentence. Laugh out load

Oh no I used one sentence! I'm melting! Meeeeelting hakjhlSgkl...?

The above post is a prime example of what happens when a patient doesn't take his ritalin medication as prescribed.
The above post is a prime example of a Christian ignoring and evading the substance of the criticism of his blatant hypocrisy to be a lil' bitch instead thinking no one will notice the dodge.Laughat

I'd rather need Ritalin then the anti-psychotics prescription you should be on. Drinking Beverage

30-08-2015, 11:12 AM
(28-08-2015 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You came here (on a forum created for atheists)

A forum created for atheists? If God doesn't exist, then what the FUCK is there to talk about?

(28-08-2015 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  , issued a challenge and were soundly defeated around each turn.

Defeated by who? If I debated myself, I wouldn't even lose to myself.

(28-08-2015 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If you think otherwise, you are truly delusional and need the kind of help no deity could provide.

Or nature..

(28-08-2015 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No one asked you to come here.

Did anyone ask you to come here?
30-08-2015, 11:19 AM
(28-08-2015 07:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Couldn't care less about disagreements from a uneducated, self entitled, troll with a history of dishonest aruging and out right lying and delusions of grandeur.

If you responded, then guess what; you care Laugh out load

(28-08-2015 07:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I actually eagerly accepted your one on one challenge several MONTHS ago but you run from that the second I gave you a single condition to meet. I spent several weeks pestering you about it and reposting over and over my acceptance and my own challenge in many of the threads you were in. You pretended like I had not, even saying that I hadn't when I provided a direct link to my original acceptance and I'm sure you will pretend I haven't again in response to this if you even respond with anything other then more grandstanding delusional "internet tough guy" nonsense.

You are not interested in a reasonable debate one little bit, your interesting in getting a debate going that you can control to make yourself look good. Which is why you ran the second I refused to let you control the debate.

I don't remember any of that, clown. Accept the challenge...if not, shut up.