Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
Well this thread was a real fuckeroo!

Call of the Wild is the best example of the typical theist I've seen since joint TTA.

Arrogant. Evasive. Liar.

He's not debating. Only waiting for you to finish so he can evade direct questions for which he has no good answer. When he's finished he plugs his ears and waits again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 11:02 PM
I never really engaged Call of The Wild so I don't quite know how it goes there.

I used to see that, Calling out call of the wild thread by KC as some type of actual, call out to the wild like him talking about hiking so I always ignored it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-10-2015, 06:56 AM
I don't think this guy was for real. I think he is playing a prank on one of his friends.
08-11-2015, 05:54 PM
(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Call of the Wild,

You asked me to present you with a syllogism and I have done so back on page 16. You've gone on to engage with everyone else but when it comes to my challenge you have not responded.

I wasn't aware of this. My bad. You should of hit me up in pm.

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Why is that? You will argue the same old tired arguments but when a challenge is given at the most fundamental level of your worldview you all blank out.

Me? Blank out? Unlike me.

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've been conducting this experiment over the last year or so. I've presented these arguments to many theists and guess what, blank out. I was hoping that you would take up the challenge. So far one and all have fled after only a minimal shot at refuting them. Usually within 1 or two posts.

So, history and statistics is on your side, eh? Laugh out load

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Maybe you didn't see the arguments.

I didn't. When I am engaged in a formal debate, I like to focus primarily on the debate. This stuff gets mentally draining after a while, ya know. I like to stay mentally fresh.

Since DP tapped out a couple days ago, I decided to cover some old ground and wound up here...and stumbled across your post Big Grin

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Maybe you didn't understand the premises.

Haven't read it yet.

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  That would be understandable, since you probably have never heard of these issues.

Cool...fresh meat Big Grin

(16-09-2015 12:28 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  So I'll present them again and I'm willing to explain in more detail if you have any questions.

Okey Dokey. And having just read the syllogism...can you please explain what you mean by "primacy of consciousness metaphysics". Make it dummy-proof for me Laugh out load

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by it.
08-11-2015, 07:07 PM
WTF!?!? You're still here? Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-11-2015, 11:33 PM
(08-11-2015 07:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF!?!? You're still here? Dodgy

You know. He's like a zombie. Just lurches through the thread trying to bore people to death.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-11-2015, 06:11 PM
(08-11-2015 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Okey Dokey. And having just read the syllogism...can you please explain what you mean by "primacy of consciousness metaphysics". Make it dummy-proof for me Laugh out load

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by it.

Sure,

Have you ever heard the expression "wishing doesn't make it so" or perhaps "It's true whether you want it to be or not". What makes these statements true, their root principle, is the primacy of existence.

The issue of metaphysical primacy has to do specifically with the relationship of the subject of consciousness and any and all objects that it is conscious of. In any act of consciousness, there is both a subject (the conscious observer) and an object (the thing being observed or considered). The primacy of existence is an axiomatic principle that recognizes the fact that the objects of consciousness hold primacy, that the objects exist independent of anyone's conscious activity such as praying, believing, wanting, wishing, demanding, dreaming, imagining, desiring, ect. This is the root of the concept "objective" . This is the objective orientation of the subject/ object relationship and it is found in every example of consciousness, not just Human consciousness.

Any time one makes a truth claim one implicitly affirms this principle.

The rejection of this principle is the primacy of consciousness. On this orientation, the objects of consciousness conform to the conscious wishes, likes, prayers, beliefs, dreams, wanting, imagining, ect. of some conscious subject. consciousness is the faculty which creates, alters or maintains the nature of the objects it is aware of. In other words, "wishing does make it so". This is the subjective orientation of the subject/ object relationship. The primacy of existence is entailed by the three axioms existence, identity, and consciousness. Stated as principles they would be "a reality exists", "consciousness is consciousness of an object", and "to be is to be something specific, A is A". So the affirmation of the primacy of consciousness metaphysics is a rejection of these three axioms.

Hopefully that explains it well enough.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
12-11-2015, 04:53 AM
Arrogant? Lol I love the fact that this forum allows me to REALLY insult someone. But I won't this time. I will only say look at the history of Christianity. It's used fear of the unknown as a means to exploit and control the masses and gain incredible wealth through currency and property and they have done this for centuries. They have started wars for no real reason, soldiers justifying death and destruction with a book they probably couldn't read and wooden cross. And this cult has bred the worst type of religious sect: Westbrook Baptist Church, who will protest against kids coming to grips with their homosexuality and say its their duty to do so. Why would anyone want to be affiliated with that? That's like third reich type of fucked up.

Oops I guess I did kinda insult em lol