Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
(25-08-2015 03:46 PM)Worom Wrote:  If you hear the voice of your god in your head you need psychiatric help, even if some sky-daddy appeared in front of me slapped me in the face and threatened to strike me down if I didn't kill a child or someone else I would tell him or her to fuck off.

Oh, don't worry, Worom...there will be a day when you will stand before the Almighty, and I'm sure you will have that opportunity to tell him to fuck off.

(25-08-2015 03:46 PM)Worom Wrote:  Irrelevant, that doesn't give anyone the right to take the life of another, because of some delusional belief

Creation belongs to God, whether we like it or not. You are a creation, you belong to God...and if God decides to take your life, guess what, it will be taken.

It doesn't matter how red your face gets, or how much smoke comes out of your ears because you don't like it.

Embrace the holiness of the living God.

(25-08-2015 03:46 PM)Worom Wrote:  I've seen your arguments on this one in several other posts, no matter what anyone tries to tell you on this matter you stick your fingers in your ears and go la la de la. So i'm not even going to bother where several others much better educated than I have tried.

Completely ignored the substance of the quote for mere rhetoric. Atheist tactic.

(25-08-2015 03:46 PM)Worom Wrote:  Now I believe you said you were leaving? Don't let the door slam you on the ass

I will be...give me about three days (hint, "three" days). If no one can build up enough courage to accept by challenge, (you "mighty atheists"), I will definitely leave.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 04:06 PM
(25-08-2015 03:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Lots of talking, not a lot of GTFOing going on COTW Dodgy I thought you were off to find worthier opponents? Ones who'd perhaps fall for your crap.

I said THREE days. I will be taking my apologetics to youtube. The time has come.
25-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(25-08-2015 04:06 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 03:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Lots of talking, not a lot of GTFOing going on COTW Dodgy I thought you were off to find worthier opponents? Ones who'd perhaps fall for your crap.

I said THREE days. I will be taking my apologetics to youtube. The time has come.

Rolleyes I tremble at the spiritual power of your future youtube channel, powered by secular™ technology developed using principles you'll never understand.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2015, 04:14 PM
@Call_Of_The_Wild

Why do you want to present all those arguments for your faith again? These are not debate subject, they are arguments to defend and rationalise your beliefs in a God and Christianity in general. We aren't convinced by those arguments because for each of them there is a sound and rational counter argument that undermine its quality and discredit them in our eyes. Even if some of us (I would not) were to grant a small acknowledgement that your argument might possibly be true, they still fail to provide the exceptional evidence that we require to believe in your God and Christianity in general. We need better and new arguments to be convinced of the truth of your beliefs. Until you have something new, no one will want to talk to you let alone debate you.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
25-08-2015, 04:30 PM
(25-08-2015 01:24 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I wish that in these four pages, I was spared everyone's worthless opinions. The challenge was made, and no one has jumped on it? Not one?

Oh well. I guess I will head to greener pastures to find more worthy opponents.

Excellent plan; the smartest thing you have posted to date. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 05:29 PM by Chas.)
(25-08-2015 04:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I will be...give me about three days (hint, "three" days). If no one can build up enough courage to accept by challenge, (you "mighty atheists"), I will definitely leave.

Why is it that Christians can't or won't do math? Consider

The story is that Jesus is crucified Friday mid-day and rises Sunday morning. Do the math: less than two days.

"On the third day He rose...", not "After three days ..."

Do you ever fact check? Are you all incapable of thinking for yourselves?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2015, 04:39 PM
(25-08-2015 11:35 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I used to wonder about Atheists anger as well, so I asked the internet to tell me something about why it seems that Atheists are so angry. Google provided me the following informative video which has effectively swayed my opinion. You might benefit from viewing it.

THANK YOU for finding this vid. I was just gonna watch a bit but I ended up watching the whole thing. She's a fantastic speaker.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2015, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 05:23 PM by true scotsman.)
(25-08-2015 04:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Creation belongs to God, whether we like it or not. You are a creation, you belong to God...and if God decides to take your life, guess what, it will be taken.

It doesn't matter how red your face gets, or how much smoke comes out of your ears because you don't like it.

Here is a fine example of the incoherent metaphysics of theism. By saying that creation belongs to God, whether we like it or not, you make use of the primacy of existence in order to affirm the primacy of consciousness .This is a blatant contradiction. This is the fatal flaw of theism. You can not consistently uphold your own worldview's most fundamental principles. You must steal from my atheistic philosophy's principles in order to claim your God exists and in the same breath, in the content of your God belief you affirm the primacy of consciousness, thereby contradicting and refuting your own claim. Just try to claim your God exists without using the primacy of existence. It can't be done. This fatal flaw in your worldview is why you can not produce a valid argument for your God and never will be able to. You are done.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
25-08-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 06:11 PM by Matrim Cauthon.)
(25-08-2015 09:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Quite frankly, you atheists, in my opinion, just talk too much shit for me. Too much. If you don't believe in god, fine...but the anger and arrogance which seems to accompany you to every discussion you engage with a theist in...is getting on my nerves (but who am I Big Grin ).

Again, an open challenge to ANYONE who would like to discuss any of the topics below (or otherwise). I am seeking a respectful, mature, and civil conversation, and if any of you have BALLS, you will engage.

Fighting fire with fire, are we? Assume from your post, that you are just sweet as a 5 year old child when entering conversation with someone of opposing opinion - except for this time.

Don't confuse confidence with arrogance, and try for a sec to remember WWJD. I understand the schism here, as you've apparently been party to some arrogant'ish Atheists - but to come here and insult and accuse all Atheists of talking shit, followed by asking if any of us have "BALLS"...is a bit contradictory (and pretty much begging for the same in return).

I came to this site, myself, as it said "The THINKING Atheist" - and from vids and such I've seen - it lives up to it. I haven't been on these forums long - and I've already seen some rowdiness - but that's to be expected from the home team's fans, when you're visiting the home team's stadium.

Also - try for a moment, to imagine waking up after a 20-year coma, only to find society now worships a brass pig, that is said to have saved the world, and inherited heaven from Jesus (or some kind of ridiculous explanation theists will always come up with, one way or another, to make the stray ends of the story line up...even if insane) - and there are churches, organizations, missionaries, idols, statues, foundations, etc - all worshipping this pig. Well...all fun aside...that's mostly what it's like for Atheists. The arrogance doesn't come from 'us thinking we're better than you from the start" or anything like that. It comes from simply our perspective above - and given that form, it's almost beyond capability to not walk around looking at these people like they're nuts. To put in much better perspective - spend a day in a thickly Muslim country, see all they do - and see if you don't think those people are NUTS. Same diff. So - this isn't like some college football rivalry with shit-talking, etc - it's a very bonafide and genuine perspective, that theists are truly deluded.

Another point (just in case you qualify): When you can understand that atheism speaks to ALL religions, and stop behaving as if all that is being argued is your own specific span of beliefs - discussion can continue. One of the cornerstones of the atheist position, is to observe 'the big question' (is god real) not being answered, while a multitude different answers are provided by a multitude different religions - and none of which can show the slightest shred of evidence beyond regurgitating someone else's baseless opinion - whilst also absolutely contradicting each other on the same question. Until you can understand this point - you will not be able to argue the topic with a thinking atheist, as you'll simply continue trying to contest said atheist with your own specific religious answers to cosmic questions, that from his perspective, he argues with all religions and religious people as a whole (which is one of the greatest atheist arguments - the fact that there are millions of religious flavors all claiming 100% truth, which is wholly impossible, and the first giant whole in any theist's argument). ...Unfortunately, you really need a rep from each religion to have a true debate with a 'thinking atheist' - as usually, all any theist knows about is their own tiny little sect of religion - and truly, having the other theist reps there would really help each individual understand the atheist perspective (while the Muslim talks - you'll side with the atheist against them, and vice versa when the Jew talks, etc) - hopefully finally seeing that the only diff between you and the atheist - is he doesn't prescribe to YOUR religion either...

As I don't yet feel comfortable to come anywhere close to 'representing this community' - I'll go ahead and take the bitch route and decline any debate - but I'll be glad to continue participating in this conversation if it continues...

*wrote this without reading through the thread...which my gut tells me I'm going to regret...but I'll post this, and then read through it...I just got a bit grabbed by your post, and reflex-posted...
[+] 2 users Like Matrim Cauthon's post
25-08-2015, 05:32 PM
(25-08-2015 09:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I know who's paying for my phone sex. Evil_monster

ROFL