Open Challenge to Anyone....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Open Challenge to Anyone....
Call of the Wild,

I really am interested to see your response to my challenge of the arguments you listed from the issue of metaphysical primacy. I often have a difficult time getting theists to interact with this issue. Maybe you'll be different.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 09:30 AM
(25-08-2015 04:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes I tremble at the spiritual power of your future youtube channel, powered by secular™ technology developed using principles you'll never understand.

*Sighs* sometimes, it just ain't worth it...
26-08-2015, 09:33 AM
(25-08-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why is it that Christians can't or won't do math? Consider

Why is it that you can't seem to muster up more than 4 sentences per post on a consistent basis??
26-08-2015, 09:44 AM
(26-08-2015 09:33 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why is it that Christians can't or won't do math? Consider

Why is it that you can't seem to muster up more than 4 sentences per post on a consistent basis??

What makes you think you're worth the effort? A bit presumptuous, no? Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-08-2015, 09:47 AM
WTF?!?! Do you need a billboard?

[Image: Nekdyc6.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 09:47 AM
COTW: While I won't deny that many members here have a predilection for unnecessary vitriol in debates, I'm a bit puzzled as to how you expect claiming opposing parties' opinions as "worthless" and declaring non-takers to your challenge as "lacking in balls" will entitle you to a civil discourse.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
26-08-2015, 10:17 AM
(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Fighting fire with fire, are we?

Long have humans played around with fire, but on judgement day, some will be introduced to HELL fire.

-Ghostrider quote (somewhat :lolSmile

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Assume from your post, that you are just sweet as a 5 year old child when entering conversation with someone of opposing opinion - except for this time.

I am a Christian apologist seeking to engage with the opposition.

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Don't confuse confidence with arrogance, and try for a sec to remember WWJD. I understand the schism here, as you've apparently been party to some arrogant'ish Atheists - but to come here and insult and accuse all Atheists of talking shit, followed by asking if any of us have "BALLS"...is a bit contradictory (and pretty much begging for the same in return).

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have generalized. But from my experience, most atheists that I've come across have been snotty, and arrogant. Goes back to my days starting out as a young apologist in those yahoo religious chat rooms.

I began to frequent those chat rooms, going in, just wanting to engage the opposition in a loving, Christ-like manner...but then, suddenly, out of nowhere, people started to insult me, and my religion...hurling racist insults at me and everything.

I ignored it and them at first...but day in and day out, it kept happening...and it turned me into the person that I am today....a Christian apologist, with a little edge.

And no, it isn't everyone...but I don't recall ONE atheist coming to my defense or ridiculing those that were being arrogant and insulting. Not one. And even on this very forum, you can go back to my very first post, and tell me who began the negativity, me, or you guys?

It usually goes something like this:

My post: "I am coming on here to discuss some arguments with you people, the kalam, consciousness, blah blah blah.."

The response: "Are you another Christian coming here with your bullshit arguments we've heard dozens and dozens of times before. All of those arguments have been refuted many times and you aren't offering anything new...blah, blah, blah."

Now tell me am I lying?

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  I came to this site, myself, as it said "The THINKING Atheist" - and from vids and such I've seen - it lives up to it. I haven't been on these forums long - and I've already seen some rowdiness - but that's to be expected from the home team's fans, when you're visiting the home team's stadium.

Absolutely. I love the rowdiness. You won't find me complaining.

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Also - try for a moment, to imagine waking up after a 20-year coma, only to find society now worships a brass pig, that is said to have saved the world, and inherited heaven from Jesus (or some kind of ridiculous explanation theists will always come up with, one way or another, to make the stray ends of the story line up...even if insane) - and there are churches, organizations, missionaries, idols, statues, foundations, etc - all worshipping this pig. Well...all fun aside...that's mostly what it's like for Atheists. The arrogance doesn't come from 'us thinking we're better than you from the start" or anything like that. It comes from simply our perspective above - and given that form, it's almost beyond capability to not walk around looking at these people like they're nuts. To put in much better perspective - spend a day in a thickly Muslim country, see all they do - and see if you don't think those people are NUTS. Same diff. So - this isn't like some college football rivalry with shit-talking, etc - it's a very bonafide and genuine perspective, that theists are truly deluded.

But see, I think that is the point....and that is actually a tactic of mines. Just like I said in my very first post (I think)...Yeah, I believe that there is a supernatural entity, a Supreme Being, whom we call "God". I believe that God sent his only begotten Son to die for the sins of mankind. I believe all the the basic stuff regarding Christianity, particularly how a man died and was raised from the dead.

Now, to an unbeliever, that stuff seems like complete and utter nonsense/bullshit, right? Unbelievers look at religious folks as deluded, crazy....how can we believe such nonsense?? Ahhh, but here is where the tactic come in..

Lets focus on what ATHEISTS believe...lets flip the script...what do atheists believe? Usually, atheists are actually naturalists...and those two terms can be used interchangably (for the most part). So what do you believe? If you are a naturalist in your atheism, you believe that inanimate matter came to life (suddenly or gradually), and it began to think, talk, have sex, etc. You also believe that the astronomical odds of a life permitting universe were met, despite the astronomical odds against it.

Now to me, YOUR (unbelievers) viewpoint is utter nonsense/bullshit. To me, YOU are deluded, and crazy. I honestly, in all my common sense and reason, cannot see how the concept of a man dying and rising from the dead (Christianity) is any MORE absurd than inanimate matter "coming to life".

The naturalist/atheist wants to present their belief system as rational and believable...while denouncing theism as irrational and unbelievable...as if their viewpoint is superior, and I beg to differ....which is why I CONSTANTLY bring up the whole "life from nonlife, consciousness from unconsciousness" thing in my posts...to remind you people that not only aren't your beliefs scientifically verifiable, but I can actually present arguments AGAINST it.

In fact, your viewpoints are so outrageous to me that even if I wasn't a Christian, I wouldn't believe it.

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Another point (just in case you qualify): When you can understand that atheism speaks to ALL religions, and stop behaving as if all that is being argued is your own specific span of beliefs - discussion can continue.

That is true, but lets not pretend as if Christianity isn't the focal point...always on the hot seat.

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  One of the cornerstones of the atheist position, is to observe 'the big question' (is god real) not being answered, while a multitude different answers are provided by a multitude different religions - and none of which can show the slightest shred of evidence beyond regurgitating someone else's baseless opinion

See, that is the point right there!! You say "none of which can show the slightest shred of evidence beyond regurgitating someone else's baseless opinion".

Well guess what...I feel the same way about naturalism/atheism. No one has provided me evidence that will answer any of my "big questions" either. They regurgitate somene else's baseless opinions by POSTING LINKS...and none of those links answers my questions.

(25-08-2015 05:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  whilst also absolutely contradicting each other on the same question.

You may have different opinions involving the same question. No one has all of the answers. Just like in science you have all of these cosmological models, each one differs from the other...you wouldn't call that contradiction, would you?
26-08-2015, 10:30 AM
(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  Does your own arrogance not allow you to understand that "It isn't us, it's you?"

For example, we have many theists on this forum who have earned the respect of we atheists, and who are treated with respect and kindness.

Kingschosen is one such theist. This theist earned the respect of the forum insomuch as to be on the administration team at one time. He's a Christian, and he's sensible.

And we have newcomer who is rapidly gaining respect. She's a Jew named Aliza who seems to have far more than the average number of clues.

I've also encountered atheists in my lifetime who weren't snotty, arrogant, and condescending. Just haven't met many on here tho.

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  They are theists who do not come into the forum with both guns a-blazing and looking for a fight.

Good for them Thumbsup

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  If you are going to be so fucking stupid as to walk into a community that is already hostile towards your beliefs and start looking for a fight, it will be delivered to you, but not on your terms.

The fight will be delivered to me? When will it be shipped? Let me know, so I can be there when it arrives Cool

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  We don't care what you believe in, it's all a crock of shit to us. You can't convince us of anything you believe in, as it is absolutely hopeless.

What a coincidenky...you people can't convince me of anything you believe in, either.

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  We are atheists in our atheistic home.

As the road team, it is always gratifiying getting a W in another person's gym.

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  You are a theist in our home. Get a clue and watch your "Ps" and "Qs" or hit the fucking door.

With pleasure.

(25-08-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  It really is that simple.

Drinking Beverage

Oh, I am getting ready to leave...just making sure there isn't any more potential victims in the house before I leave.
26-08-2015, 10:31 AM
(26-08-2015 09:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What makes you think you're worth the effort? A bit presumptuous, no? Drinking Beverage

Right, I didn't look at it that way, thank you Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Call_of_the_Wild's post
26-08-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 10:42 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
So let me get this straight, after having the floor mopped with your ass in what....3 separate debates, you want another go? lol You truly are delusional on an epic level. Glutton for punishment...either that or excessive need for attention Consider

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid804356

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid752053

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid734084

Laugh out load

Evidence for jesus miracles: zero

Evidence of witnesses for jesus's miracles: zero

Evidence for god: zero

Evidence that the major stories of the OT (flood, exodus, moses etc) actually happened: zero

You are on the losing team COTW. Now run along to your next forum and tell them grandiose lies about how no one would answer your challenge to a debate at TTA. Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post