Open Marriages - thoughts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: Open Marriages - thoughts?
I don't think there is anything wrong with an open relationship in theory. But in practice you have to deal with trust/jealousy/clashes of morality/children/STDs etc. It would be a lot of trouble.

But if two people decided that they were okay with their significant other having relationships with others then there is no problem...as long as they both want it.

As for why you would do it if you chose to get married. To me that's like asking why would you have friends if you have a best friend. Or why would you want to eat at Chipotle when you get free food at Azteca.

I think humans crave variety, possibly males more than females. But variety often threatens security and stability (although it doesn't have to).

I actually don't think polygamy is inherently wrong either (My anthro classes changed my views on this), but that's a different topic Tongue. In short, it just comes down to what the people involved in the relationship agree upon and expect.

P.S. what Yakherder posted early on makes a lot of sense.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
21-12-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm just flat out not good at sharing and am a hopeless romantic so it's never really been the dogs bollocks to me. Tongue

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-12-2015, 03:12 PM
(20-12-2015 09:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I just always felt the notion that married sex should only happen between 2 people sounded eerily similar to the notion that marriage should only be undertaken by a man & a woman, ya know! Love don't care about no rules!
... queue Girlyman.... Laugh out load

I got you brother.

While digging this up, I found this. Big Grin

And this. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't think I'd agree to an open marriage because with my luck, I would get Zero extra partners, but my wife would have unlimited partners. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2015, 06:48 PM
(21-12-2015 05:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't think I'd agree to an open marriage because with my luck, I would get Zero extra partners, but my wife would have unlimited partners. Weeping

Luck has nothing to do with it brother.

[Image: eric.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 08:21 PM
(21-12-2015 05:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't think I'd agree to an open marriage because with my luck, I would get Zero extra partners, but my wife would have unlimited partners. Weeping

I totally get that!

Sadcryface2

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Open Marriages - thoughts?
I'm just saying it's not for me. If it's consensual, go for it. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
22-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Nope. I like my boxes to only be stuffed by me.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
22-12-2015, 02:46 PM
(22-12-2015 12:41 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Nope. I like my boxes to only be stuffed by me.

Great 2000th post. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some. A man is born, he's a man of means. Then along come two, they got nothing but their dreams.

What i'm trying to say is It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story; Everybody finds a way to shine.
It don't matter that you got not a lot.

So what?

They'll have theirs, you'll have yours, and I'll have mine. And together we'll be fine!

'Cuz it takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world, Yes it does.
It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post