Open challenge, Match 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Open challenge, Match 2
Since the debate hasn't started yet, here are a few things I would like to see you two debating on:

-Superman VS Batman (who is better)
-Death Star VS Starship USS Enterprise E (who would win)
-T-Rex VS Allosaurus (which one is the better at everything)

So yeah, probably not the best of topics. Laughat Just a new infusion since you two seem to still be circling each other. Big Grin And when I say circling, I hear the theme tune to the Kirk Spock fight to the death battle of The Enlarged Q-Tips.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 03:00 PM
(15-05-2013 02:36 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Since the debate hasn't started yet, here are a few things I would like to see you two debating on:

So yeah, probably not the best of topics. Laughat Just a new infusion since you two seem to still be circling each other. Big Grin And when I say circling, I hear the theme tune to the Kirk Spock fight to the death battle of The Enlarged Q-Tips.

Superman vs Batman: Please give a clear working definition of "better"

Death Star vs E: E. The death star's main gun couldn't hit a target that maneuvers as fast as E, and E's torpedoes are accurate enough to hit the thermal exhaust port from well, well outside of turbolaser range. (And judging by how well they faired against X-wings, they wouldn't have a prayer of shooting down a volley of inbound torpedoes.) Geordi and Data would easily localize the weak point. The TIEs would also be a joke.

T-rex vs Allosaurus: Since you ask in the present tense, I'll call a tie for virtually all categories, because the only thing either is currently good at is BEING SOME FLAVOR OF DEAD.

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
15-05-2013, 03:03 PM
(15-05-2013 03:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 02:36 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Since the debate hasn't started yet, here are a few things I would like to see you two debating on:

Superman vs Batman: Please give a clear working definition of "better"

Death Star vs E: E. The death star's main gun couldn't hit a target that maneuvers as fast as E, and E's torpedoes are accurate enough to hit the thermal exhaust port from well, well outside of turbolaser range. (And judging by how well they faired against X-wings, they wouldn't have a prayer of shooting down a volley of inbound torpedoes.) Geordi and Data would easily localize the weak point. The TIEs would also be a joke.

T-rex vs Allosaurus: Since you ask in the present tense, I'll call a tie for virtually all categories, because the only thing either is currently good at is BEING SOME FLAVOR OF DEAD.

Yeah, well, what about Chocolate Chip vs. Fudge Ripple ice cream?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2013, 03:47 PM
(15-05-2013 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 03:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Superman vs Batman: Please give a clear working definition of "better"

Yeah, well, what about Chocolate Chip vs. Fudge Ripple ice cream?

Pizza toppings, that's something no one can ever agree on.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
15-05-2013, 03:54 PM
(15-05-2013 03:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  T-rex vs Allosaurus: Since you ask in the present tense, I'll call a tie for virtually all categories, because the only thing either is currently good at is BEING SOME FLAVOR OF DEAD.

No way. Allosaurus is way better. T-Rex is too slow (15 MPH)... and cannot make swift turns... and has useless arms.

Yes, Allosaurus is smaller, but it excels in every category. The real difference is have arms that are useful.

[Image: Largesttheropods.png]

[Image: Allosaurus_size_comparison.svg]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-05-2013, 03:59 PM
(15-05-2013 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, well, what about Chocolate Chip vs. Fudge Ripple ice cream?

Pizza toppings, that's something no one can ever agree on.

That's a pretty cheesy argument. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-05-2013, 04:02 PM
(15-05-2013 03:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 03:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  T-rex vs Allosaurus: Since you ask in the present tense, I'll call a tie for virtually all categories, because the only thing either is currently good at is BEING SOME FLAVOR OF DEAD.

No way. Allosaurus is way better. T-Rex is too slow (15 MPH)... and cannot make swift turns... and has useless arms.

Yes, Allosaurus is smaller, but it excels in every category. The real difference is have arms that are useful.

Except for the fact that both are currently equally slow (0 mph), cannot turn at all, and are incapable of moving their arms.

.... oh, but yes, T-rex is still bigger. And has better merchandising.

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
15-05-2013, 04:05 PM
(15-05-2013 04:02 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 03:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No way. Allosaurus is way better. T-Rex is too slow (15 MPH)... and cannot make swift turns... and has useless arms.

Except for the fact that both are currently equally slow (0 mph), cannot turn at all, and are incapable of moving their arms.

.... oh, but yes, T-rex is still bigger. And has better merchandising.

SURE

Win the argument by pulling the literal card.

*grumble*

Weeping

[Image: vjp09.gif]
15-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Just to be annoyingly precise... there is nothing about the word anarchist that denotes violence. There are violent anarchists, I agree. But I don't find people saying, Hi, I'm Bob, I'm an accountant (not violent though).

Oh and, anarchism doesn't mean without rules... it's without rulers. People all too often like to drop that second r. The media especially. Most likely because it shores up their portrayal of anarchists as angry twenty year old liberals wearing balaclavas and hurling molotov cocktails at banks.

Tongue

As far as debate is concerned, there isn't much that's been mentioned that I can agree with either of you on so... feel free to tag team if you feel the need. Smile

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
15-05-2013, 04:53 PM
(15-05-2013 04:26 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Just to be annoyingly precise... there is nothing about the word anarchist that denotes violence. There are violent anarchists, I agree. But I don't find people saying, Hi, I'm Bob, I'm an accountant (not violent though).

Oh and, anarchism doesn't mean without rules... it's without rulers. People all too often like to drop that second r. The media especially. Most likely because it shores up their portrayal of anarchists as angry twenty year old liberals wearing balaclavas and hurling molotov cocktails at banks.

Tongue

As far as debate is concerned, there isn't much that's been mentioned that I can agree with either of you on so... feel free to tag team if you feel the need. Smile

Yeah, but accountants DON'T have the image of molotov cocktails following them around, so they don't NEED to specify.

I'm growing increasingly of the opinion that Bearded and I don't have much to debate, and I'll probably end up debating someone else.