Open season on bears and wolves.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Open season on bears and wolves.
I'd hunt a cape buffalo in 2 seconds. Could you imagine the back straps on one of those puppies? First thing though I need to get a bigger freezer.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2017, 02:25 PM
(16-02-2017 04:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I never could understand why some people want to kill animals without a good reason. It's sick.

Be glad that there are people who are willing to pay the big money to hunt African game.

If there weren't the locals would kill most all species off - as they compete for the environment.

The hunting industry provides the locals with much needed income, making the animals a "golden goose" of sorts.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Not true.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cecil-lion-trop...d=32785057

"Though there is intense interest in Cecil's killing in particular, wildlife and conservation officials say hundreds of lions and other big-game animals -- some of them endangered -- are hunted, killed and brought back as trophies to the U.S. every year."

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
17-02-2017, 02:29 PM
The money doesn't 'go to the locals'

It typically goes to the most corrupt power holder at the time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/zimbabwe-cor...servation/

17-02-2017, 02:36 PM
You watched The Lion King one too many times.... African lions are nasty scavengers who steal a hyena's kill far more often than killing for themselves. Also the females do the majority of the hunting... Talk to locals there - they'd happily exterminate all lions to keep the from taking livestock. They regularly poison bait to be rid of them. I don't give a damn if you're offended - but fact is - only hunting makes lions valuable to the African economy.

17-02-2017, 02:41 PM
I hate the Lion King movie, actually.

We aren't going to agree so let's just end this debate.

17-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I've been a volunteer and docent at the Endangered Wolf Center for seven years now, and we hear of attacks on the Endangered Species Act all the time. Lightning kills far more livestock than wolves, but "wolf kills" are reimbursed, so anything that died for any reason gets a claim and that runs the numbers up.

Then there's the people who build "wolf-proof" enclosures to "protect" their kids while they wait for the school bus in the morning. They let the kids run wild after school. So much for logic.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
18-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Yeah, this is horseshit. Spite is no way to run the country.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-02-2017, 07:36 AM
(17-02-2017 01:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hunters give meat to poor people in Africa so they can eat.

I'm sorry, but did you come down in the last shower? Big game hunting is all about making money for unscrupulous third parties. It has nothing to do with "feeding the poor people" LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-02-2017, 08:14 AM
(17-02-2017 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  African lions are nasty scavengers who steal a hyena's kill far more often than killing for themselves.

About 60% of lions' meals are from hunting, with about 40% are from scavenging. And to describe lions as "nasty" and who "steal" are pointless pejorative terms.

Quote:Also the females do the majority of the hunting.

Perfectly true, but your point is?

Quote:Talk to locals there - they'd happily exterminate all lions to keep the from taking livestock. They regularly poison bait to be rid of them.

Again true; they commonly use a chemical pesticide called Carbofuran. But what exactly does this have to do with big game hunting's alleged pros and proven cons. It's a totally different argument.

Quote:I don't give a damn if you're offended - but fact is - only hunting makes lions valuable to the African economy.

A study conducted by North West University’s Tourism Research in Economic Environs and Society in 2012 estimated that big game hunting generated around $955 million in both direct and indirect income, which compares with around $248 billion generated by regular tourism (or the former only around 0.04% of the total). I'm not sure how you can draw a conclusion that only the killing of lions makes them valuable to the African economy—it obviously doesn't.

—And I'm guessing your response is probably skewed by the fact that you're a game hunter yourself, in the US, and also see no issues with the overly relaxed gun laws in your country. BTW, have you ever been to Africa?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post