Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-08-2016, 03:58 AM
RE: Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal
(10-08-2016 03:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 03:24 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  No....................it's unclear if you know what an organism is. You need to define exactly what you're talking about - if indeed you can.

An embryo growing within a womb really isn't much different than an embryo growing within an egg. You would never consider an embryo growing within a chicken egg to be the same organism as the hen that laid it. You really have no good reason to believe an embryo growing within a uterus is the same organism as the mother except to justify your pro-abortion position.

Can you please start being honest and begin to accept reality as it actually is instead of how you wish it to be so that it would jive with your whimsical morality?

You know nothing about my position on abortion. I've made no comments on the matter whatsoever. I'm simply pointing out that you've not made clear if you know what an organism is. Equivocation and tossing in a strawman makes it increasingly evident that you yourself are struggling to understand what you're talking about.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
10-08-2016, 04:03 AM
(10-08-2016 03:58 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 03:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  An embryo growing within a womb really isn't much different than an embryo growing within an egg. You would never consider an embryo growing within a chicken egg to be the same organism as the hen that laid it. You really have no good reason to believe an embryo growing within a uterus is the same organism as the mother except to justify your pro-abortion position.

Can you please start being honest and begin to accept reality as it actually is instead of how you wish it to be so that it would jive with your whimsical morality?

You know nothing about my position on abortion. I've made no comments on the matter whatsoever. I'm simply pointing out that you've not made clear if you know what an organism is. Equivocation and tossing in a strawman makes it increasingly evident that you yourself are struggling to understand what you're talking about.

I know that a fertilized chicken egg is not the same organism as the hen that lays it which seems to be more than you or Matilda know.
10-08-2016, 04:06 AM
(10-08-2016 03:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You must not be a very good bio-informatician if you do not understand the life cycle of a human being. Google it. The life cycle of a human being starts at conception. This is a fact that is only disputed by pro-abortionist who feel guilty about killing human beings. I am being serious. There are plenty of honest pro-abortion folks that admit the life cycle of a human being includes fertilized eggs. They just think it is okay to kill those human beings because they are not persons.

OK so we have now established that you consider that a human being is any organism that is at any point along the life cycle starting from conception onwards.

Why should it be morally wrong that we kill a fertilised egg? It has no central nervous system. It has no ability to feel pain, capacity to suffer or conscious awareness.

Is this equal to murdering a fully developed adult? Why? Or why not? How is this different to taking a human off life support who has irrevocable brain damage and will never wake up? Is that murder? Is this different from killing a baby born with no brain?
10-08-2016, 04:09 AM
(10-08-2016 04:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I know that a fertilized chicken egg is not the same organism as the hen that lays it which seems to be more than you or Matilda know.

How do you justify that distinction? Saying that you know it to be so is not sufficient justification if you cannot explain why.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
10-08-2016, 04:13 AM
(10-08-2016 04:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 04:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I know that a fertilized chicken egg is not the same organism as the hen that lays it which seems to be more than you or Matilda know.

How do you justify that distinction? Saying that you know it to be so is not sufficient justification if you cannot explain why.

Some things are so self evident they only need justification to the incredulous.
10-08-2016, 04:15 AM
(28-07-2016 05:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  As you often do, you have substituted a hard question for an easy one. Then having answered the easy question, you go on to claim you have answered the hard one and think your self smart when you are simply a moron.

LOL... this is so funny. The Blowjob accuses other people of being morons!

Pot... meet kettle.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-08-2016, 04:16 AM
(10-08-2016 04:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 03:58 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  You know nothing about my position on abortion. I've made no comments on the matter whatsoever. I'm simply pointing out that you've not made clear if you know what an organism is. Equivocation and tossing in a strawman makes it increasingly evident that you yourself are struggling to understand what you're talking about.

I know that a fertilized chicken egg is not the same organism as the hen that lays it which seems to be more than you or Matilda know.

Another strawman. I've said nothing about what is or is not an organism. I pointed out that you've not made clear if you know what an organism is.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
10-08-2016, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 04:27 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(10-08-2016 04:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 03:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You must not be a very good bio-informatician if you do not understand the life cycle of a human being. Google it. The life cycle of a human being starts at conception. This is a fact that is only disputed by pro-abortionist who feel guilty about killing human beings. I am being serious. There are plenty of honest pro-abortion folks that admit the life cycle of a human being includes fertilized eggs. They just think it is okay to kill those human beings because they are not persons.

OK so we have now established that you consider that a human being is any organism that is at any point along the life cycle starting from conception onwards.

This is not just what I believe, this is accepted science.(I am interpreting your statement charitably here)

(10-08-2016 04:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why should it be morally wrong that we kill a fertilised egg? It has no central nervous system. It has no ability to feel pain, capacity to suffer or conscious awareness.

In the movie 2001 an Space Odyssey, Hal kills off the scientist that are frozen in their pods. In the state in which they were killed, they had no working nervous system, no capacity to feel pain or conscious awareness. Does that fact justify Hal's actions?

Personhood is transitory. When you are under general anesthesia you are not a person but rather just a collection of cells on an operating table. Because personhood is so transitory it is not a good delineation of what deserves protection and what doesn't. I believe there are stages of sleep under which a human being ceases to have the qualities of a person....yet I believe they should be morally protected.

I had to take wider view when formulating my morality which is why I chose human being instead of person.
10-08-2016, 04:26 AM
At work.

Your above statement about the 'Sleeping' crew is wrong. Perhaps you should re-watch the movie?

I'm also kind of sure your weird veiws on sleep are.... just that.... weird.

Consider
10-08-2016, 04:26 AM
(10-08-2016 04:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 04:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How do you justify that distinction? Saying that you know it to be so is not sufficient justification if you cannot explain why.

Some things are so self evident they only need justification to the incredulous.

And why not justify it to the incredulous? Let's see what assumptions you are making here and ignoring elsewhere.

Yet you don't want to do it because it stops you from equivocating.

If it is so self evident, you should be able to justify why a fertilized chicken egg is not the same organism as the hen that lays it. If you refuse to provide a justification then I shall accuse you of being disingenuous.