Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
17-08-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal
(17-08-2016 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 05:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The only "rights" that are in question here are the right of a person (including a smart ship) to not have its body invaded without its permission, being slavery. You can call it murder all you like, but the simple fact is there is no "right to life" for people without brain function, or else we would never be able to "pull the plug" on the comatose.

When you pull the plug on a brain dead person you do not kill them. You withdraw the life support you were giving that body and it dies naturally. In abortion you are cutting that human being up and sucking it out. You are actively killing it. There is a difference.

A clump of cells with no brain and no neural tube is not a human being. It's a potential human being. You have (as per your usual idiotic pronouncements) failed to define anything or deal with the nuances.

If abortion is "cutting up and sucking out" then how do you justify your god doing it in so many cases ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 01:41 PM
What's the difference, Blowjob? The effect is precisely the same. Per your definitions, a life is ended by direct action, when we choose to end supporting that life. I pointed out to you that we already do so when there's no brain function... and if there is brain function it takes the agreement of multiple doctors that it is necessary in order to save another life. That is the law.

Also, you have to make the positive case for why it's necessary for the government to step in and force women to carry a pregnancy they do not wish to continue, an invasion of the rights of a fully-conscious person with well-established rights on behalf of a non-conscious person (except in the emergency cases approved by three independent cases and which comprise less than 0.01% of abortions) with no established rights.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-08-2016, 01:54 PM
(17-08-2016 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When you pull the plug on a brain dead person you do not kill them. You withdraw the life support you were giving that body and it dies naturally. In abortion you are cutting that human being up and sucking it out. You are actively killing it. There is a difference.

So, you would be happy if there was alternative way of removing a foetus that enables it to remain 'intact' so it can die on it's own by being unplugged from its life support system?
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
17-08-2016, 02:24 PM
(17-08-2016 01:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What's the difference, Blowjob? The effect is precisely the same. Per your definitions, a life is ended by direct action, when we choose to end supporting that life. I pointed out to you that we already do so when there's no brain function... and if there is brain function it takes the agreement of multiple doctors that it is necessary in order to save another life. That is the law.

Also, you have to make the positive case for why it's necessary for the government to step in and force women to carry a pregnancy they do not wish to continue, an invasion of the rights of a fully-conscious person with well-established rights on behalf of a non-conscious person (except in the emergency cases approved by three independent cases and which comprise less than 0.01% of abortions) with no established rights.

I think there should be a record of how many. If a woman shows up every about 3 months of so, at some point you cut them off or make them get their tubes tied. As I said, I learned the hard way that action and inaction have consequences. At what point do we say "You made your bed, now lie in it."?
17-08-2016, 02:42 PM
(17-08-2016 02:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 01:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What's the difference, Blowjob? The effect is precisely the same. Per your definitions, a life is ended by direct action, when we choose to end supporting that life. I pointed out to you that we already do so when there's no brain function... and if there is brain function it takes the agreement of multiple doctors that it is necessary in order to save another life. That is the law.

I think there should be a record of how many. If a woman shows up every about 3 months of so, at some point you cut them off or make them get their tubes tied. As I said, I learned the hard way that action and inaction have consequences. At what point do we say "You made your bed, now lie in it."?

Do you have any data to support that your misogynist bullshit has any basis in fact ? You think women need your help in figuring out how to deal with their own bodies ? Who's gonna keep this record ? I thought you people wanted less government .... just goes to show you preach one thing and really don't mean it at all. How about men who don't want to be fathers, keep it in their pants.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2016, 04:53 PM
(17-08-2016 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When you pull the plug on a brain dead person you do not kill them.

Uh..... what the? If you're not killing them, then what exactly are you doing to them? That's the whole point of switching off life support—to kill someone. You know, make them dead, demised, departed, deceased, etc (thanks to Monty Python).

Quote:You withdraw the life support you were giving that body and it dies naturally.

Are you seriously saying that someone who's brain dead after a major car accident dies "naturally"? Tell me you're joking... please.

Quote:In abortion you are cutting that human being up and sucking it out. You are actively killing it. There is a difference.

Oh dear. Are you claiming an imagined distinction between "actively" killing something and... uh... "passively" killing it? Dead is fucking dead. Although I'm guessing you're the sort of person that would describe a woman as nearly pregnant LOL.

It's more than obvious that you have no idea about the mechanisms of a non-surgical termination of pregnancy. You're also unaware of a few drugs that induce a spontaneous termination in 95% of instances during the first trimester; mifepristone (a progesterone-blocker), methotrexate, and misoprostol.

And until it's at least 8 weeks gestation, a foetus is not legally considered a viable biological entity. Its consciousness only begins at around 24 week's gestation (which is why surgical terminations are legal until 24 weeks in Australia).

And for your information, this is an image of a SIX weeks-old foetus. Please note: GRAPHIC IMAGE WARNING!
[Image: bethanyf.jpg]

Would you like to guess its survival time ex utero? Zero seconds.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
18-08-2016, 02:10 AM
(17-08-2016 01:54 PM)ukatheist Wrote:  So, you would be happy if there was alternative way of removing a foetus that enables it to remain 'intact' so it can die on it's own by being unplugged from its life support system?

This is the equivalent of ejecting a human being into space. It is actively killing another human being.
18-08-2016, 06:07 AM
(17-08-2016 02:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I think there should be a record of how many. If a woman shows up every about 3 months of so, at some point you cut them off or make them get their tubes tied. As I said, I learned the hard way that action and inaction have consequences. At what point do we say "You made your bed, now lie in it."?

Do you have any data to support that your misogynist bullshit has any basis in fact ? You think women need your help in figuring out how to deal with their own bodies ? Who's gonna keep this record ? I thought you people wanted less government .... just goes to show you preach one thing and really don't mean it at all. How about men who don't want to be fathers, keep it in their pants.

I do indeed think that men should keep it in their pants or use protection. We all know how to make babies. I also believe that if a guy has 18 women chasing him for child support, there should be forced sterilization. Once you are a walking Jerry Springer episode, enough is enough.
18-08-2016, 06:10 AM
(18-08-2016 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do you have any data to support that your misogynist bullshit has any basis in fact ? You think women need your help in figuring out how to deal with their own bodies ? Who's gonna keep this record ? I thought you people wanted less government .... just goes to show you preach one thing and really don't mean it at all. How about men who don't want to be fathers, keep it in their pants.

I do indeed think that men should keep it in their pants or use protection. We all know how to make babies. I also believe that if a guy has 18 women chasing him for child support, there should be forced sterilization. Once you are a walking Jerry Springer episode, enough is enough.
Diddnt the Nazis try that in one form or another ?
18-08-2016, 06:14 AM
(18-08-2016 06:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I do indeed think that men should keep it in their pants or use protection. We all know how to make babies. I also believe that if a guy has 18 women chasing him for child support, there should be forced sterilization. Once you are a walking Jerry Springer episode, enough is enough.
Diddnt the Nazis try that in one form or another ?

No, the U.S. did a long time ago. I think it should be done again, just under different rules. Instead of targeting the poor like before, target the ones producing kids in the double or triple digits that have no intention of paying for any of them.