Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-07-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal
The simple question is, "Does HAL have the right to dispatch parasites in defense of its own systems?".

I think that is a legitimate question. Or should we wait until the bay doors are locked and then address the subject.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 06:06 PM
(28-07-2016 05:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why do you assume I would change my position? I simply do not have enough information to make an informed decision about imaginary characters.

What you are so obviously trying to do is dredge up the pro-choice vs. pro-life arguments to earn yourself a "gotcha" moment.

You can still be pro-abortion rights and realize that the "its my body and therefore it is my choice" argument is garbage.
28-07-2016, 06:18 PM
(28-07-2016 05:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 05:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What an idiot.
You have the subtlety of a truck.
No.
Nothing in law grants "personhood" to an unborn fetus, you fucktard.

As you often do, you have substituted a hard question for an easy one. Then having answered the easy question, you go on to claim you have answered the hard one and think your self smart when you are simply a moron.

The question doesn't have to do with personhood. Does a sentient being have the right to kill a human being that inhabits its body? Is the "Its my body therefore it is my choice" a persuasive argument?

No. You are the moron, as you have not defined you terms, or told anyone how you came to use your terms. There is no "hard question" here. Tell us how EXACTLY you decided, and what exactly the criteria were, for you to decide that HAL was a "sentient being". You forgot that little part, you fucking idiot. You seem to equate the ability to "process information" with "a sentient being", and then you LEAP to an irrelevant question about the Constitution, without laying ANY sort of foundation. Maybe you could pray for a brain, Blowjob. It IS about "person-hood", if you're going to invoke the Constitution. But you can't, as you have not laid any foundation to do so.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2016, 06:19 PM
(28-07-2016 06:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 05:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why do you assume I would change my position? I simply do not have enough information to make an informed decision about imaginary characters.

What you are so obviously trying to do is dredge up the pro-choice vs. pro-life arguments to earn yourself a "gotcha" moment.

You can still be pro-abortion rights and realize that the "its my body and therefore it is my choice" argument is garbage.

You're taking the pro-choice argument out of context.

A clump of cells being aborted is not the same as a full grown human being getting kicked out of a spaceship.

It's not about a sentient being purging something from itself, it's about what it's purging.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-07-2016, 06:23 PM
(28-07-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You can still be pro-abortion rights and realize that the "its my body and therefore it is my choice" argument is garbage.

You're taking the pro-choice argument out of context.

A clump of cells being aborted is not the same as a full grown human being getting kicked out of a spaceship.

It's not about a sentient being purging something from itself, it's about what it's purging.

A clump of cells with no neural tube and no brain is not a person. It's a potential person, in the same way a sperm cell is a potential person. It's also not a "baby".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2016, 06:31 PM
(28-07-2016 06:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You can still be pro-abortion rights and realize that the "its my body and therefore it is my choice" argument is garbage.

If you want to have a discussion about abortion rights why don't you just start one?

Why this pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-07-2016, 06:33 PM
(28-07-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's not about a sentient being purging something from itself, it's about what it's purging.

This is a different argument than the, "It is my body and therefore my choice argument". The argument you stated is "this human being isn't worthy of societal protection and therefore if the mother wants to kill it that's okay" argument.

Do you agree the "Its my body and therefore my choice" argument is gargbage?
28-07-2016, 06:33 PM
You know the point of that is about what would a automated machine do in the context of, it's for the "greater good" all about accomplishing the mission right? It's doing it because they are judged to be compromising to the mission to HAL.

There is no designated programmed mission to human beings. They can choose whatever as all of its is permissible in their physical calculations.

I've never seen you show many cases of ever learning or growing to take any topic serious to grasp a difference of an actual understanding of an argument besides a strawman reclaiming of what they are, and you ignore the majority of posts that ever focus on topics and actual discussion of arguments to bicker on attention focused points.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-07-2016, 06:42 PM
(28-07-2016 06:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's not about a sentient being purging something from itself, it's about what it's purging.

This is a different argument than the, "It is my body and therefore my choice argument". The argument you stated is "this human being isn't worthy of societal protection and therefore if the mother wants to kill it that's okay" argument.

Do you agree the "Its my body and therefore my choice" argument is gargbage?

I never made any such argument, and you are context impaired.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
28-07-2016, 06:44 PM
(28-07-2016 06:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do you agree the "Its my body and therefore my choice" argument is gargbage?

You are a male, correct? Why should your opinion matter?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky