Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-07-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Open the Pod Bay Doors Hal
(28-07-2016 07:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So you're implying that your body, Blowjob's body, is not your own therefore you don't have a choice if another life can exist, can survive from the body you have? That your body can give life to another you have no say so in the matter? Is this what you're asking?

Well Blowme, you have a kidney that can give life to another, you have an extra eye, you have parts of your body you can donate to give life to other people dying from various diseases. Why aren't you volunteering your body parts to save another life? If you're body isn't your own and you don't have a choice then it should be legal to harvest Blowme's body parts. Lets cough up a kidney Blowme.

Case in point.

A moron just showed up to make the "My body my choice" argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 07:14 PM
(28-07-2016 06:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pablo Wrote:  No I don't agree. I am not trying to shift the question. I am pointing out the contextual errors you've made and the dishonest nature of this stupid fucking thread.

I keep asking a simple question and you keep presenting a different argument. You are being dishonest not me.

If the "my body and therefore my choice" argument is a valid reason to kill another human being as you have just admitted above that you believe it is, then you should not think a moral crime was committed if a sentient ship decides to eject its human crew into space because it wants to go to Saturn instead of Jupiter.

I already pointed out why your comparison is bullshit and you accused me of presenting a different argument.
If you're unable to see the flaws in your thinking it's on you, not me.
28-07-2016, 07:16 PM
(28-07-2016 07:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:31 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If you want to have a discussion about abortion rights why don't you just start one?

Why this pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

I am arguing that this argument:

[Image: tumblr_m5gip4ewwg1qiou2ro1_250.png]

Is garbage.

First, you have yet to justify why your opinion matters.

Second, you are not making an argument. You are stating your opinion.

An argument would have reasons and justifications and points to support it.

You have an opinion.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-07-2016, 07:23 PM
(28-07-2016 07:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  I already pointed out why your comparison is bullshit and you accused me of presenting a different argument.

In post 14 you tried to make it an argument about the relative worth of the human being because that is easier than defending the "My body my choice" argument I am criticizing.
28-07-2016, 07:24 PM
(28-07-2016 05:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The question doesn't have to do with personhood. Does a sentient being have the right to kill a human being that inhabits its body? Is the "Its my body therefore it is my choice" a persuasive argument?

Actually, the question has only to do with personhood as it is the actions and responsibilities of persons to which the law applies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 07:56 PM by Chas.)
(28-07-2016 06:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pablo Wrote:  No I don't agree. I am not trying to shift the question. I am pointing out the contextual errors you've made and the dishonest nature of this stupid fucking thread.

I keep asking a simple question and you keep presenting a different argument. You are being dishonest not me.

No, you keep asking a simplistic question because you are intellectually dishonest.

Quote:If the "my body and therefore my choice" argument is a valid reason to kill another human being as you have just admitted above that you believe it is, then you should not think a moral crime was committed if a sentient ship decides to eject its human crew into space because it wants to go to Saturn instead of Jupiter.

No one has made that argument. A first trimester fetus is not a human being, so your argument is a failure.

Edited for typo.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-07-2016, 07:29 PM
(28-07-2016 07:16 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I am arguing that this argument:

Is garbage.

First, you have yet to justify why your opinion matters.

Second, you are not making an argument. You are stating your opinion.

An argument would have reasons and justifications and points to support it.

You have an opinion.

The "my body my choice" argument depends on the premise that having dominion over a body allows one the choice to kill other beings that inhabit that body. If that premise were true, then its okay for sentient ships to eject/kill other beings which inhabit it.
28-07-2016, 07:29 PM
(28-07-2016 07:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:31 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If you want to have a discussion about abortion rights why don't you just start one?

Why this pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

I am arguing that this argument:

Is garbage.

Go ahead and argue that, but you have not yet done so. You just keep repeating your opinion.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-07-2016, 07:31 PM
(28-07-2016 07:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  I already pointed out why your comparison is bullshit and you accused me of presenting a different argument.

In post 14 you tried to make it an argument about the relative worth of the human being because that is easier than defending the "My body my choice" argument I am criticizing.

I tried to show you that the Hal scenario and the my body scenario do not equate.
Are you really this dense?
28-07-2016, 07:32 PM
(28-07-2016 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No one has made that argument. A first semester fetus is not a human being, so your argument is a failure.

Its trimester not semester you twit.

And it is a human being. You can open a biology text and study the life cycle of a human being. Arguing that a fetus is not a human being is like arguing the world is flat. I'm not going to waste my time with that level of stupidity.