Opinions of Americans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Opinions of Americans
When I first came to the states, many things were below par. Bread being one of them, and you still can hardly find decent bread despite a zillion varieties. Cake is so sweet that I can't eat it (It's the icing). Coffee and beer have improved a ton since I moved here, they used to be deplorable. Mustard and cheese have improved a ton also.

I miss decent cold cuts, you can find them at an incredibly inflated price. The flavor in fruit and veggies seems to have disappeared in all first world countries.

Overall, there has been enormous improvement in what is available, because of the upstart of local breweries and bakeries and so forth. The mass produced food is still deplorable.

The people - it varies from location to location. Some areas are very friendly and hospitable, in other areas strangers are shunned - same as in the rest of the world.

Overall, the US is not that different anymore, and a lot has improved.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
16-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Here's one thing to describe america:
Weird presumptuous social standards.
It's just weird over here in the US. Confused
That's why I limit the amount of people in contact with me during school hours to at maximum, 5.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
16-05-2014, 08:22 AM
(16-05-2014 08:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  When I first came to the states, many things were below par. Bread being one of them, and you still can hardly find decent bread despite a zillion varieties. Cake is so sweet that I can't eat it (It's the icing). Coffee and beer have improved a ton since I moved here, they used to be deplorable. Mustard and cheese have improved a ton also.

I think cake is a delivery system for icing....my favorite part of any cake (except for pineapple upside down cake). Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-05-2014, 08:24 AM
(16-05-2014 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 08:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  When I first came to the states, many things were below par. Bread being one of them, and you still can hardly find decent bread despite a zillion varieties. Cake is so sweet that I can't eat it (It's the icing). Coffee and beer have improved a ton since I moved here, they used to be deplorable. Mustard and cheese have improved a ton also.

I think cake is a delivery system for icing....my favorite part of any cake (except for pineapple upside down cake). Tongue

icing Drooling its all about icing.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-05-2014, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 09:01 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
(16-05-2014 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

[Image: HJX4e.gif]
I'm not like that at all. I really hate cake frosting*.

*fixed

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
16-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Fuck cake icing, we put way too much on our cakes.I might as well just inject an overdose of pure sugar into my femoral artery.

And we make it so goddamn thick, too. Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-05-2014, 08:36 AM
(16-05-2014 08:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I certainly love the people that's for sure. Every time I go to the States I meet friendly people most especially the folks in Hawaii. The only American asshole I met was in New Jersey.

YEAH UP YOURS NEW JERSEY! Laugh out load

Everybody from New Jersey thinks it's the best state ever, the rest of us know it's just where we send all the garbage.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-05-2014, 08:44 AM
I can't stand cake icing. I scrape as much of it off as possible and very rarely eat cake. Many foods in America are too sweet.

(16-05-2014 08:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fuck cake icing, we put way too much on our cakes.I might as well just inject an overdose of pure sugar into my femoral artery.

And we make it so goddamn thick, too. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes robert_rowe's post
16-05-2014, 08:52 AM
(16-05-2014 08:04 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Florida was different, there were a lot of ignorant fuckers there! Big Grin

I've been trying to tell you guys that...... gotta be something in the water down here.

Tho, to be fair, this is a very transient state, with even more of its residents being transplants from other states and countries. So there is that.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
16-05-2014, 08:56 AM
(16-05-2014 08:24 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I think cake is a delivery system for icing....my favorite part of any cake (except for pineapple upside down cake). Tongue

[Image: HJX4e.gif]
I'm not like that at all. I really hate cake icing.

Icing or frosting..? Is there a difference for you guys?

Icing goes on a bundt cake or cinnamon roll. It's more liquidy. Frosting goes on a cake. It's thick and creamy and best when home-made Drooling the stuff on a store-bought cake is nasty and flavorless.

I really miss American confections, I find the ones here to be over-baked, dry, and strangely textured. Nothing has a melt-in-your-mouth quality. Sadcryface

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post