Opinions on what causes autism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Opinions on what causes autism.
Anyone who has been around small children at all know that toddlers tend to put all kinds of things in their mouths and eat crazy things. My wife is a dog groomer and we are extremely health contious when it comes to our dog and cat foods. Most of the store brands of dog food/cat food contain meat by-products. http://www.dog-food-aid.com/dog-food-ingredients.html

I am curious if autism might be caused by a combination of things. Such as many products meant for little kids containing things like aspartame, dog foods being left out that contain 4d meats and of course parents getting distracted and their child eating a handful of dog food. I believe that these factors can seriously effect a developing child. A small child it might harm deveolopmentally, while in adults it would cause cancer. I would love it if there was a doctor that could answer this question, although I am just as open to the opinions of others. If you are a doctor or scientist and write something about this subject and end up winning the nobel prize, please share the credit and the wealth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 02:45 AM
RE: Opinions on what causes autism.
Wow, 5 views and nobody has an opinion at all? Or maybe nobody wants to touch the subject?
13-08-2012, 04:23 AM
(13-08-2012 02:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Wow, 5 views and nobody has an opinion at all? Or maybe nobody wants to touch the subject?

That is cos there isn't an answer yet.

With my 2 kids (one ADHD, one Aspergers) we thought probably a combination of things but that's just parental instinct not medical training.

The symptoms / incidents were managed by removing gluton (all wheat products), casein (dairy), additives and preservatives from their diets.

But the root cause / permanent corrective action was unknown.

MMR vaccine seemed a likely cause because the symptoms were very close to mercury poisoning and there was evidence that even though the individual vaccines had been properly tested, the combined vaccine had not (mercury was then, the binding agent) + reports that the guy in charge of the US approval process had advised his relatives not to use it + Tony Blair getting the privacy law changed so he couldn't be asked if his new baby boy had had the injection. All very suspicious.
But evidence now does not support that.

My ex and I went through the list of syptoms beyond the well-known triad of impairments and I ticked about 70% of the boxes and she ticked about 90% if they applied to us. Between us covering all of them.

The kids didn't stand a chance!

I know I didn't answer the question but I think I answered your question. Yes?

13-08-2012, 04:46 AM
(13-08-2012 04:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-08-2012 02:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Wow, 5 views and nobody has an opinion at all? Or maybe nobody wants to touch the subject?

That is cos there isn't an answer yet.

With my 2 kids (one ADHD, one Aspergers) we thought probably a combination of things but that's just parental instinct not medical training.

The symptoms / incidents were managed by removing gluton (all wheat products), casein (dairy), additives and preservatives from their diets.

But the root cause / permanent corrective action was unknown.

MMR vaccine seemed a likely cause because the symptoms were very close to mercury poisoning and there was evidence that even though the individual vaccines had been properly tested, the combined vaccine had not (mercury was then, the binding agent) + reports that the guy in charge of the US approval process had advised his relatives not to use it + Tony Blair getting the privacy law changed so he couldn't be asked if his new baby boy had had the injection. All very suspicious.
But evidence now does not support that.

My ex and I went through the list of syptoms beyond the well-known triad of impairments and I ticked about 70% of the boxes and she ticked about 90% if they applied to us. Between us covering all of them.

The kids didn't stand a chance!

I know I didn't answer the question but I think I answered your question. Yes?

Not really, however I was not expecting anyone to. It would take a lot of testing to see if I am correct. I am not equipped to do that testing and I am sure you are not either. I am hoping that if enough people start asking tough questions and directing them to the fda among others, things might change for the better. Bottom line is these things I mentioned are dangerous, even if they don't cause autism. Many people I have talked to about it either don't care what they put in their own bodies or they have no idea. I thought this was a way to put the info out there and make people think. Kind of like the canary in the coal mine. What makes us sick or causes cancer in full grown animals and humans, might have disasterous consequences in a developing baby or small child. Brain damage, death, deformities, among other possible problems.
13-08-2012, 04:48 AM
No problem, any time.

13-08-2012, 06:24 AM
It appears to be a developmental problem in the brain. A child's brain is still developing for years.

Did the developmental program get damaged:
  • In the parental DNA?
  • In utero by damaged DNA?
  • In utero by maternal environmental factors?
  • In child's environmental factors?

There are more possibilities. People are working to find out what is happening, what is different, in autistic brains. Others are looking for correlations of various kinds.

Not enough data yet to jump on any bandwagon.

My hunch, however, is that it is environmentally triggered by the chemical soup we now live in.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2012, 06:54 AM
... or a byproduct of the next stage of human intellectual evolution?

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/111102/f...9025a.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-08-2012, 07:04 AM
If the dog food theory had any merit, then one would expect that families with pets would have an increased incidence of children with Autism Spectrum disorders. If it were that simple minded, someone would have noticed the correlation. In fact it is the opposite. http://consumer.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=667273

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2012, 07:21 AM
(13-08-2012 06:54 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  ... or a byproduct of the next stage of human intellectual evolution?

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/111102/f...9025a.html

Thanks for link. I like this guys thinking and openness to review.

I preferred his Ali G character, though.

p.s. we didn't have a dog.

13-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Much to the discredit of people like Michael Savage, I have seen children with severe autism and I don't think that they are acting I think they have something going on in the brain. At one point studies supported the idea that older moms were more likely to have kids with autism. I think there may be something to this theory. Particularly, the way the brain is developing in the womb. We all know that you don't mess with nature and when it gives you the best time to reproduce you take it not push it to make it fit your terms yet we do this all the time with birth control and waiting to have kids later in life.