Opinions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Opinions?
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/ar...69123.html

Im neither affirming nor denying any personal opinion on the content in this link. not yet anyways. interested in what others think.
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2010, 11:43 PM
RE: Opinions?
I'm tired of routinely being treated as a potential criminal every time I have to board an airplane. I'm tired of the government claiming the right to read my mail, listen in on my calls, and basically strip search me because I dare go to the airport. I've had enough of it and I will never, ever again go through one of those body scanners. The guy who recently fought back is my new hero. And, the reason they are doing these overly intrusive pat-downs now where they basically molest you and conduct a pat down that is far more intrusive than necessary is so on one wants to challenge the use of scanners.

I don't believe that the primary driving force for all this is terrorism. I do believe that the primary driving force is money. There is a tremendous amount of money involved in these things and a lot of companies stand to make a shitload of dollars. If this was about public safety, there wouldn't be lobbyists from the manufacturing companies climbing all over the Hill right now because it wouldn't be necessary. The fact that it is happening is just one more giant clue that this is all about the Benjamins.

I'm done playing ball with it, too. I've been polite but I'm just done. I almost had a fight with the TSA when I came back from Atlanta a few weeks ago but I ultimately acquiesced because I did not want to miss the last flight home that night. I was stewing about it the whole flight home and it's not a mistake I will make again.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh check this out:
My husband and I fly in and out of the country on a regular basis to Central America. For the first time ever, in all these years, we were asked how much money we had on us just right before we boarded the plane, I mean, as we came down the gangplank (or whatever its called) there were these HSA guys there with a clipboard stopping everyone. We had a fair amount of $ on us (not over 10,000 USD--that's the limit) because we import cars on a small scale to Belize and need to pay customs. Still it made me SO NERVOUS even though I had done NOTHING wrong!! They took us aside and counted our money out and i was shaking a bit and sweating a bit like a common criminal!! When we finally got to our seats my hubby was like "remind me never to smuggle drugs with you!". It was AWFUL!!!
Now, the groping and X-ray taking I can handle as long as they throw dollars! (insert wolf whistle)
21-11-2010, 06:59 PM
The things that we have to deal with because shitheads need to be shitheads. "Human beings are perfect" said some mormons to tried to convert me once. I fail to see any sign of perfection. Is it me or them that has the delusion? I think it is them because I don't deny the stupidity of mankind, I am just flabbergasted by it.