Opioid "epidemics"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Opioid "epidemics"?
(22-06-2017 11:27 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:That was my whole point: toothaches arent the kinda pain you want to counter with such potent drugs.

Not even Vicodin?
I hear that's good on potatoes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
22-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Weed in the proper dosage fixes some issues, like nausea and urge to vomit.

It also works for some other things, like spasms and convulsions. There is much research being done now to properly define the many effects of the different components in weed.

For pain - the proper dosage of weed (not the down and out stoner dosage) will help by allowing you to ignore the pain if you get up and are active. I have gotten quite good at gauging this for my arthritis and it works - up to a certain pain level.

All this pharma and we still don't have an acceptable fix for pain. There is none.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
22-06-2017, 11:54 AM
(22-06-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Weed in the proper dosage fixes some issues, like nausea and urge to vomit.

For pain - the proper dosage of weed (not the down and out stoner dosage) will help by allowing you to ignore the pain if you get up and are active. I have gotten quite good at gauging this for my arthritis and it works - up to a certain pain level.

Do the CBDs work for pain without the intoxicating effects of THC?

(22-06-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  All this pharma and we still don't have an acceptable fix for pain. There is none.

LSD. It won't take the pain away but you will find the pain fascinating and enthralling. Come to think of it, any dissociative will do - angel dust, special k, whatever. Hobo

#sigh
22-06-2017, 11:56 AM
(22-06-2017 11:27 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:That was my whole point: toothaches arent the kinda pain you want to counter with such potent drugs.

Not even Vicodin?

Not that i know of.

Now, Vera wont like this, but we have a law. The "Betäubungsmittelgesetz" (narcotics law). It regulates the trade, prescription and administration of narcotics. It states that all substances that fall under this law, can not be just prescribed but the prescrption has to be tracked. The amount is logged, the name of your doc is logged.

It has 3 chapters:

Chapter I: substances that arent allowed to be prescribed at all (the illegal ones: LSD, Heroin, etc.), because they have been found to be of no medical use, or are way outdated and outperformed by better, safer drugs.

Chapter II: Substances that are allowed to be traded, but not to be prescribed/admnistred (coca leafs). Usually this covers raw-materials.

Chapter III: Substances that are allowed to be traded and prescribed

ALL opioids are part of III, with no exception. So if your doc wants to prescribe you some opioid, he has to fill out a special prescription and additional paperwork that will additionally track, how much exactly and which one he prescribed.

Now, guess what: Try and figure out for yourself how big the number of involuntarily addicted people in Germany is in comparison to the US. Not that we dont have a major Heroin problem (yeah, we invented that shite too Rolleyes ), but in Germany you get addicted to Heroin because you start with other illegal drugs, not because your doc screwed up.

Long story short: Vicodin for toothache? Most probably not, only as a last resort.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
22-06-2017, 11:58 AM
(22-06-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  All this pharma and we still don't have an acceptable fix for pain. There is none.

That's the thing, Dom, and why it annoys me so much - this is, sadly, the only known mechanism for alleviating pain we have so far. Instead of crying how horrible opioids are, maybe fix the overprescription problem (if it exists) AND the causes behind addiction (which, like I've been trying to say, but not loud enough to outshout the shouts of BAD PHARMA, are much more complex)

I did read about at least one promising research where they used a completely different mechanism, so I'm sure big bad chemists will eventually come up with something

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
22-06-2017, 12:00 PM
(22-06-2017 11:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Not that i know of.

Now, Vera wont like this, but we have a law.

Kindly fuck off and learn to read.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
22-06-2017, 12:02 PM
(22-06-2017 11:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Now, guess what: Try and figure out for yourself how big the number of involuntarily addicted people in Germany is in comparison to the US.

It's really not fair to compare a population genetically engineered to be humorless sober fucks to normal people. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Quote:Many people with chemotherapy induced nausea would disagree with you.

I didn't say shit about nausea.

Btw, to whoever mentioned it, angel dust does kill pain.
22-06-2017, 12:15 PM
(22-06-2017 12:00 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 11:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Not that i know of.

Now, Vera wont like this, but we have a law.

Kindly fuck off and learn to read.

I took this as you not liking the state to try and protect its citizens from Big Bad Pharma. The German state has a law that regulates traffic of narcotics, trying to protect its citizens, so i concluded you wont like that. Where did i understand you wrong?
(22-06-2017 11:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  So, basically, the Big Nanny, a.k.a The State must protect its citizens from Big Bad Pharma.
Sorry, not a good enough reason.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
22-06-2017, 12:16 PM
(22-06-2017 12:07 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Btw, to whoever mentioned it, angel dust does kill pain.

The pain's still there, it's just happening to somebody else. Angel

#sigh