Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(09-10-2017 03:38 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't know how people can stand to even read or listen to Christian shit. Everything they say, every argument they have, it's all so fucking idiotic. How many times can you cycle through the same stupid fucking shit before you decide alright shut the fuck up already. It circles and circles. Shit doesn't deserve respectful debate it needs to be shit on and ignored.

That's the spirit of antichrist working in you.

Do you remember, if you read, when I said that I've found that atheists are opposed to God?

Your post is a good example, my friend Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Fuck you

You're on ignore
09-10-2017, 03:49 PM
(09-10-2017 03:45 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:38 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't know how people can stand to even read or listen to Christian shit. Everything they say, every argument they have, it's all so fucking idiotic. How many times can you cycle through the same stupid fucking shit before you decide alright shut the fuck up already. It circles and circles. Shit doesn't deserve respectful debate it needs to be shit on and ignored.

That's the spirit of antichrist working in you.

Do you remember, if you read, when I said that I've found that atheists are opposed to God?

Your post is a good example, my friend Smile

When trolling at least try to be subtle and/or funny. Now you just look pathetic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-10-2017, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 09:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-10-2017 02:52 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 02:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The example I like to use is leprechauns, as opposed to unicorns. Once you describe leprechauns as sufficiently magical and elusive, it becomes impossible to prove they don't exist. That's the problem with nonfalsifiable entities.

If someone described God as a guy with a beard in a toga who lives in a temple in Mount Olympus, that's a claim that we can look into. As soon as you describe God as an entity who exists outside space and time and is only seen when he wants to be... we're pretty much dealing with leprechauns. I mean, maybe it's true, but it's kinda hard to tell.

I have yet to meet a single atheist who actually claims that the Big Bang came from "nothing". The idea is that all of the matter in the universe existed in a singularity, so there was never "nothing". This might lead you to the first cause argument, but that's an entirely different issue, and also one that doesn't definitively prove God.

I'm not going to say you can't believe in God, but every single Christian apologetic I've seen contains logical fallacies (most of them) and/or results in an indeterminate solution (Pascal's wager/the cosmological argument).
That's the difference.

The Bible is almost 3/10ths prophecy, and the prophecy has never shown to be wrong yet.

Everything in the Bible agrees with itself. The fact that the Bible was written over some 1,500 years, by over 40 different authors, over at least 2 continents, and none of it disagrees with any of it, is proof, because it would be impossible for man to produce such a thing.

Also that the universe came from nothing. If you chose to believe in the big bang theory, then where did the singularity come from? First cause or not, there is still the same problem.

No one knows what the universe came from. Least of all you. Steven Hawking's friend from Cambridge, the famous mathematician, thinks the universe is an infinite series of bangs and re-bangs. YOU are not smarter than Roger Penrose. We simply don't know.

The Bible is FULL of contradictions ... hundreds if not thousands of them.
Failed prophecies :
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_prophecies

Prophecy is not the telling of future events, as anyone who has taken Bible 101 at reputable school knows. Omen reading, sooth-saying and divination is forbidden in Deuteronomy. The role of a prophet is NOT to tell the future. I see your knowledge of scripture is about 2nd Grade. Maybe 1st.

Deuteronomy 18:10 "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft"

"The ancient role of a prophet in Hebrew culture was to interpret the words or will of their god to the people OF THEIR OWN DAY. NOT to predict the future. (That's Hollywood's idea of the role of a prophet).
So you often hear fundies talking about "prophesy", and how various prophesies were a 'foretelling", or prediction of the future, and indeed they count them up as "proof" that Jebus or whatever HAS to be true, as the "prophecy" came true.
In fact Leviticus forbade fortune telling and divination, so we know it was an abomination to even think in these terms for many/most centuries in Hebrew culture. However, with the rise of Apocalypticism, around the turn of the millennium, this changed somewhat, and is evidenced in many Christian writings, including the gospels, as they adopted the notions absent in ancient Israel, but coming into popular view with the Essenes. In terms of Hebrew culture, and the "telling of or prediction of" the future, was unknown, and forbidden, and not at ALL a view of the major prophets themselves. However in the the new view, certain "hidden meanings" or "pesherim" began to be looked for, in the practice of Midrash. The name for this is called "pesher", (or seeking a "hidden meaning"), which was not even known to the original speaker/writer, but only "revealed" later
to certain believers. Originally, the (plural) "pesherim" were only fully revealed to the Son of Righteousness, (the leader of the Essenes), and the idea was first found and fully understood after scholars read the Dead Sea scrolls, and was a sub category of "Midrash", (or study of the texts).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsou...15650.html
Thus we see that "prophesy" as fortune telling as began to be practiced in Judaism around the First Century, (and picked up by Christians and the gospel writers), really was a very late invention and never a classical part of Hebrew scripture, or understanding, either interpretation, or intention, and certainly was not the function of the ancient office of "prophet", in Hebrew culture, who was to be a "mouthpiece" to the people of their own day, and not Madame Zelda with her crystal ball.
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/r...html#proof "

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish, birds, cattle, and all wild animals, yet--
GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell good from evil, right from wrong.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience as well as with the fact that God allegedly does not change his mind: NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17.)

GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.

GE 4:4-5 God prefers Abel's offering and has no regard for Cain's.
2CH 19:7, AC 10:34, RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all alike.

GE 6:4 There were Nephilim (giants) before the Flood.
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the Flood.

GE 6:6. EX 32:14, NU 14:20, 1SA 15:35, 2SA 24:16 God does change his mind.
NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17 God does not change his mind.

RO 3:10, 3:23, 1JN 1:8-10 No one was or is righteous.

GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16, 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB 42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.
EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not seen. No one can see God's face and live. No one has ever seen him.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

HE 11:17 Abraham had only one son.

GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with (or for) God.
JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah, together they could not defeat the plainsmen because the latter had iron chariots.

GE 17:7, 10-11 The covenant of circumcision is to be everlasting.
GA 6:15 It is of no consequence.

GE 17:15-16, 20:11-12, 22:17 Abraham and his half sister, Sarai, are married and receive God's blessings.
LE 20:17, DT 27:20-23 Incest is wrong.

GE 18:20-21 God decides to "go down" to see what is going on.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from his view.

GE 19:30-38 While he is drunk, Lot's two daughters "lie with him," become pregnant, and give birth to his offspring.
2PE 2:7 Lot was "just" and "righteous."

MT 27:11-14 Jesus answers not a single charge at his hearing before Pilate.
JN 18:33-37 Jesus answers all charges at his hearing before Pilate.

MT 27:20 The chief priests and elders are responsible for persuading the people to ask for the release of Barabbas.
MK 15:11 Only the chief priests are responsible.
LK 23:18-23 The people ask, apparently having decided for themselves.

MT 27:32, MK 15:21, LK 23:26 Simon of Cyrene carries Jesus' cross.
JN 19:17 Jesus carries his own cross with no help from anyone.

MT 27:37 The inscription on the cross read: "This is Jesus the King of the Jews."
MK 15:26 "The King of the Jews."
LK 23:38 "This is the King of the Jews."
JN 19:19 "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews."

MT 27:44 Both of those who are crucified with Jesus taunt him.
LK 23:39-42 Only one taunts Jesus, and he is rebuked by the other for doing so.

MT 27:46 Jesus asks God, the Father, why he has been forsaken.
JN 10:30 Jesus says that he and the Father are one.

MT 27:46-50, MK 15:34-37 Jesus' last recorded words are: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
LK 23:46 "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit."
JN 19:30 "It is finished." (Note: Even though both MT and MK allegedly represent direct quotes and are translated similarly, the actual Greek words used for God are different. MT uses "Eli" and MK uses "Eloi.")

MT 27:48, LK 23:36, JN 19:29 Jesus was offered vinegar to drink.
MK 15:23 It was wine and myrrh, and he did not drink it.
JN 19:29-30 Whatever it was, he did drink it.

MT 27:54 The centurion says: "Truly this was the son of God."
MK 15:39 He says: "Truly this man was the son of God!"
LK 23:47 He says: "Truly this man was innocent" (or "righteous").

MT 27:55, MK 15:40, LK 23:49 The women looked on from afar.
JN 19:25-26 They were near enough that Jesus could speak to his mother.

MT 27:62-66 A guard was placed at the tomb (the day following the burial).
MK 15:42- 16:8, LK 23:50-56, JN 19:38-42 (No guard is mentioned. This is important since rumor had it that Jesus' body was stolen and the Resurrection feigned.)
MK 16:1-3, LK 24:1 (There could not have been a guard, as far as the women were concerned, since they were planning to enter the tomb with spices. Though the women were aware of the stone, they were obviously unaware of a guard.)

MT 24:9 Even some of the disciples of Jesus will be killed.
JN 8:51 If anyone keeps Jesus' words, he will never see death.
HE 9:27 [All] men die once, then judgement follows.

MT 28:1 The first visitors to the tomb were Mary Magdalene and the other Mary (two).
MK 16:1 Both of the above plus Salome (three).
LK 23:55 - 24:1, 24:10 Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and "other women" (at least five).
JN 20:1 Mary Magdalene only (one).

MT 28:1 It was toward dawn when they arrived.
MK 16:2 It was after sunrise.
LK 24:1 It was at early dawn.
JN 20:1 It was still dark.

MT 28:2 An angel arrived during an earthquake, rolled back the stone, then sat on it (outside the tomb).
MK 16:5 No earthquake, only one young man sitting inside the tomb.
LK 24:2-4 No earthquake. Two men suddenly appear standing inside the tomb.
JN 20:12 No earthquake. Two angels are sitting inside the tomb.

MT 28:8 The visitors ran to tell the disciples.
MK 16:8 They said nothing to anyone.
LK 24:9 They told the eleven and all the rest.
JN 20:10-11 The disciples returned home. Mary remained outside, weeping.

MT 28:8-9 Jesus' first Resurrection appearance was fairly near the tomb.
LK 24:13-15 It was in the vicinity of Emmaus (seven miles from Jerusalem).
JN 20:13-14 It was right at the tomb.

MT 28:9 On his first appearance to them, Jesus lets Mary Magdalene and the other Mary hold him by his feet.
JN 20:17 On his first appearance to Mary, Jesus forbids her to touch him since he has not yet ascended to the Father.
JN 20:27 A week later, although he has not yet ascended to the Father, Jesus tells Thomas to touch him.

MT 28:7-10, MT 28:16 Although some doubted, the initial reaction of those that heard the story was one of belief since they followed the revealed instructions.
MK 16:11, LK 24:11 The initial reaction was one of disbelief. All doubted.

MT 28:1-18 The order of Resurrection appearances was: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, then the eleven.
MK 16:9-14 It was Mary Magdalene, then two others, then the eleven.
LK 24:15-36 It was two, then Simon (Peter?), then the eleven.
JN 20:14 - 21:1 It was Mary Magdalene, then the disciples without Thomas, then the disciples with Thomas, then the eleven disciples again.
1CO 15:5-8 It was Cephas (Peter?), then the "twelve" (which twelve, Judas was dead?), then 500+ brethren (although AC 1:15 says there were only about 120), then James, then all the Apostles, then Paul.

MK 1:2 Jesus quotes a statement that allegedly appears in Isaiah. No such statement appears in Isaiah. (Note: IS 40.3 is seen by some as equivalent to MK 1.2; MA 3.1 is a much better fit, however, given that Jesus is allegedly quoting word for word in MK 1:2.)

MK 1:14 Jesus began his ministry after the arrest of John the Baptist.
JN 3:22-24 Before the arrest of John the Baptist.

MK 1:23-24 A demon cries out that Jesus is the Holy One of God.
1JN 4:1-2 Everyone who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. (Note: This would mean that the demon is of God.)

MK 3:29 Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin.
AC 13:39, CN 2:13, 1JN 1:9 All sins are forgivable.

MK 4:11-12, 11:25 Jesus says that he uses parables so that the meaning of some of his teachings will remain secret to at least some persons. He explains the meanings of the parables only to his disciples. He thanks God for hiding some things from the wise while revealing them to "babes."
JN 18:20 Jesus says that he always taught openly, never secretly.

MK 6:52 The people were so unimpressed with "the Feeding of the Multitude" that they did not even understand the event.
JN 6:14-15 They were so impressed that they tried to force Jesus to be their king.

MK 6:53 After the feeding of the 5000, Jesus and the disciples went to Gennesaret.
JN 6:17-25 They went to Capernaum.

MK 15:25 It was the third hour when Jesus was crucified.
JN 19:14-15 It was after the sixth hour since Jesus was still before Pilate and had not yet been sentenced at that time.

MK 16:14-19 The Ascension took place (presumably from a room) while the disciples were together seated at a table, probably in or near Jerusalem.
LK 24:50-51 It took place outdoors, after supper, at Bethany (near Jerusalem).
AC 1:9-12 It took place outdoors, after 40+ days, at Mt. Olivet.
MT 28:16-20 No mention is made of an ascension, but if it took place at all, it must have been from a mountain in Galilee since MT ends there.)

LK 1:15 John the Baptist had the Holy Spirit from before his birth or the birth of Jesus.
LK 1:41 Elizabeth had it long before Jesus went away.
LK 1:67 So did Zechariah.
LK 2:25 So did Simeon.
LK 11:13 It is obtained by prayer (presumably at any time).
JN 7:39, JN 16:7, AC 1:3-5 The Holy Spirit cannot come into the world until after Jesus has departed.

Almost the ENTIRE Old Testament has been debunked.
Edited per request of TTA

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2017, 03:51 PM
At work.

Popcorn

Well..... at least Eagle is providing Banjo with some entertainment today.

Hug Banjo! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
09-10-2017, 03:53 PM
(09-10-2017 03:35 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 01:37 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Haha OK, I don't really know the place, so I apologize for this not really being it. But no, of course unicorns don't exist, but God clearly exists, due to universe existing (after all, who else could have created the universe and the marvels of the world).

The laws of the universe (themodynamics) prove that nothing can be created out of nothing. God created the universe.
#1 No they dont. Do you actually understand them or are you just parotting? I am asking to point out that, in the latter case, you should get yourself informed about the topic of thermodynamics (i suppose you are specifically referring to the 2nd law)
#2 thermodynamics -> god: thats what we call a "non sequitur" fallacy. Even if it was true that "nothing can be crated out of nothing" that would be no evidence for god, any god, particularly your flavour of god.

(09-10-2017 01:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  But, that's OK, I wouldn't attack you for belief that there isn't a God.

All the best Thumbsup
You are wrong again. Atheism is the lack of belief in god, not the belief there is no god. Do.you.know.the.difference? I am asking because this is very important.

(09-10-2017 01:49 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Thank you. My own experience is that people who are atheists are against that which God stands for, but of course, there's always reasonable people who are exceptions to such observations.
I am the opposite of many here. I used to be an atheist and became born again.
What does god stand for....in your opinion? Why should we take your opinion more serious as that of any other believer in your (christian?) god?
What is so unreasonable about being opposed to what (you believe) your god stands for?
Have you ever asked an atheist what the center of his position is, or is everything just your *observation*?

(09-10-2017 02:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I would say the belief is definitely a choice.

Consider evolution, the reality is that there is no evidence for evolution, it's conjecture. Actually the evidence is against evolution: https://phys.org/news/2010-11-darwin-the...gical.html however people chose to believe in it anyway.

If for instance, one where to say, they chose to believe in the most logical explanation, then a creator for the universe is the most logical explanation, for thermodynamics prove it did not create itself.

As to can beliefs change, of course, I used to be an atheist before I became born again (that is, to believe).
If you actively, purposely, consciously choose what to believe in, rather than being *forced* by your conscience based on reason, then you are intellectually dishonest, first and foremost to yourself. In other words: You are delusional, cheating yourself. YOu are however entitled to do so....its just a waste of the only life you have.
Evolution is a fact, a well documented fact. The theory of evolution is rejectd by many ignorant people tho (which they are absolutely entitled to).
God is also not a "logical explanation" for the existience of the universe. It is rather the excuse to stop looking for one. It is also rather unreasonable to believe in logical explanations for things. There may be more than one logical explanation for things (the universe included), thats why its more reasonable to believe in explanations you have evidence for.

(09-10-2017 02:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I don't think people can stop being a Christian, if they did stop, they never where a Christian to being with, as, that is, one can't be unborn.

Could I ask, when you say you 'used to be a Christian', where you part of a particular denomination?

As to 'stop believing in God', I think what you mean is doubt? Doubt is an interesting one, because, where there is doubt, there is a sparkle of belief there too, but I cannot stop believing in God, because all the evidence says yes. I wonder why you would ask that?
Did you ever hear of the "true scotsman" fallacy? Who defines what a "true christian" is? You!?

(09-10-2017 02:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  For myself, I always wanted to believe, life's futile without it, so the reverse was true, when I did finally believe, it was joy.
You "always wanted to believe"? How does that match with you earlier claim that "I would say the belief is definitely a choice". Did you chose to believe or not? If you chose to beleive, then one can also chose not to believe, right?
Why is life futile without belief? What belief do you actually mean?
Do you actually care if your beliefs are true, aka are in accordance with reality? Or are you just looking for *joy*?

(09-10-2017 02:45 PM)Eagle Wrote:  It's not my only argument,
But, my question to you is: How could the universe be created if it wasn't by God?
We dont know. You dont know either. So please stop pretending you do.

(09-10-2017 02:52 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That's the difference.
The Bible is almost 3/10ths prophecy, and the prophecy has never shown to be wrong yet.
Everything in the Bible agrees with itself. The fact that the Bible was written over some 1,500 years, by over 40 different authors, over at least 2 continents, and none of it disagrees with any of it, is proof, because it would be impossible for man to produce such a thing.
At this point, the only way to take you serious is to assume that you are a poe/troll. This statement is so ignorant that its not worth to go into more details why.

(09-10-2017 02:52 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Also that the universe came from nothing. If you chose to believe in the big bang theory, then where did the singularity come from? First cause or not, there is still the same problem.
Who says "the universe came from noting"?
We either are convinced that the BBT is a sufficially well documented explanation or we arent, we dont "choose to believe". That would be intellectually dishonest, as i explained above.
You already mentioned this, and i already told you: We dont know the origin of the universe (better: cosmos), and you dont know either. So stop making up shit, please.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't read your very long post. I'm not an expert at picking apart paragraphs and responding in bit sequence as you do, nor do I think it's wise, because i've seen people talk so much that way that they forget where or why they began.

But i'll ask you, since you speak of 'evolution being a well documented fact.'

Provide me with one proof of evolution.

But if you can't, (you can't Smile) I'll provide you with scientific proof that evolution is not supported by science.

https://phys.org/news/2010-11-darwin-the...gical.html

Title of article:

Darwin's theory of gradual evolution not supported by geological history, scientist concludes.

The truth is that there is no proof of evolution.

If you speak to scientists who study it, they will concede this is the case.

What they provide instead, is examples of eg a bird becoming a bigger bird, but it's still a bird.

This is the same idea that if you just had a bunch of basketball players, they'd all be tall, but they're still people. That's not evolution, that's difference within a species.

Evolution is for instance, a frog becoming a giraffe, which not only is there no proof, but impossible.
09-10-2017, 03:54 PM
(09-10-2017 03:53 PM)Eagle Wrote:  The truth is that there is no proof of evolution.

If you speak to scientists who study it, they will concede this is the case.

What they provide instead, is examples of eg a bird becoming a bigger bird, but it's still a bird.

This is the same idea that if you just had a bunch of basketball players, they'd all be tall, but they're still people. That's not evolution, that's difference within a species.

Evolution is for instance, a frog becoming a giraffe, which not only is there no proof, but impossible.

Let me guess. You're American?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-10-2017, 03:54 PM
(09-10-2017 03:42 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did your God manifest itself as a sacrifice to unconditionally reconcile the sins of all mankind to bring us into a state of grace?
Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, and salvation is for all who believe,

You diminish the God you worship's sacrifice by requiring that your puny little belief has anything whatsoever to do with the power of salvation of that sacrifice. Your God is weak and pathetic and appeals to your arrogance that you are somehow worthy to be saved if only you believe some bullshit pathetic promise of a postmortem preservation of personal identity. Jesus don't give no shit whether you believe he died for our sins or not, if he did he wouldn't be God. This is why you're going to Hell. Because of your arrogance.

What is the meaning of "the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us" if not the divinity of Man. You will never be the Word. Just another fake Christian claiming to represent the Word when not only have you never heard it, you're fucking deaf to it.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-10-2017, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 04:01 PM by Grasshopper.)
(09-10-2017 03:44 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:35 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You can't claim that either, unless (1) You haven't actually read the Bible, or (2) You're lying. The Bible is riddled with inconsistencies, outright contradictions, and failed prophecies. Try reading it before you make ridiculous claims about it.

Show me one example. Since you say there are so many, I am sure that cannot be hard for you Smile

Genesis Chapter 1 vs. Genesis Chapter 2. Two different creation stories with different orders of events.

The claim that Jacob had cattle look at reeds and then produce striped offspring (this is just one of many scientific howlers in the Bible).

The genealogies and nativity stories in Matthew and in Luke. Totally different.

The 4 crucifixion narratives. They can't agree on what day it happened, what time of day, what the two thieves said (or whether they even existed), or who witnessed it.

Etc. That's just a few off the top of my head. If I sat down with a Bible for an hour or two, I could list hundreds.

ETA: I see BuckyBall got in ahead of me with a whole shitload of examples. Man's done his homework!
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-10-2017, 03:59 PM
(09-10-2017 03:58 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:44 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Show me one example. Since you say there are so many, I am sure that cannot be hard for you Smile

Genesis Chapter 1 vs. Genesis Chapter 2. Two different creation stories with different orders of events.

The claim that Jacob had cattle look at reeds and then produce striped offspring (this is just one of many scientific howlers in the Bible).

The genealogies and nativity stories in Matthew and in Luke. Totally different.

The 4 crucifixion narratives. They can't agree on what day it happened, what time of day, what the two thieves said (or whether they even existed), or who witnessed it.

Etc. That's just a few off the top of my head. If I sat down with a Bible for an hour or two, I could list hundreds.

Don't bother. Eagle'd complain it was too long to read and declare he'd "won" the argument.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post