Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(09-10-2017 04:27 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Lying for Jebus, is still lying.
You can't even speak about Him correctly. Take a look at yourself maybe?

It is you who blaspheme the Word by claiming to represent it. Fullerene makes no such claim.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-10-2017, 04:30 PM
(09-10-2017 03:01 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 02:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you admit, it's nothing but a place-holder, god-of-the-gaps argument.
You're not really very good at this.

Faith is a gift of God, (according the Christian theology), and St. Paul ... on of the "gifts of the Spirit". You think you know better than Paul ?
Its not the result of "reason".

"No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him".
You don't read your Bible ?
I don't admit anything, i'm simply asking the question of where you think the universe comes from, if not God.

But, as to your post, for sure, faith is a gift of God, but people can chose to reject the Holy Spirit, for we have a free will, but this is not the same as everyone - God gives the increase, but faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17)

Someone who knows the truth, but rejects it, would come into this category, 'Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.' Acts 7:51

But, am I to take it to say that, despite the fact that God is the most logical explanation for the creation of the universe, you chose to reject that, anyway?

That's OK - that's the point of the thread, to find out thethinkingpersons alternative!

We do not have "free will" Science has proven that decisions are made before we are conscious of them.

I don't know how the universe came to be. No one does. We have to live with that. I realize you are a two-year old that needs all the answers or you throw a tantrum.
People who IN NO WAY accept the bullshit of the Holy Spirit have ANY choice about accepting that crap, any more than YOU can chose to accept there is a pink elephant outside your door. Stop being so stupid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2017, 04:32 PM
(09-10-2017 04:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:13 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I see you have lazily copied and pasted an entire section from an internet page.

I decided to look at the first one:

Tyre was defeated by Nebuchadnezzar, but he left most of the walls standing. Many people managed to escape during the siege, and they went to an island about half a mile or so out to the sea, and built a huge navy for defence. When Alexander the Great came, and asked for favours from the new city of Tyre, they were rejected, because the people in the new city of Tyre saw that he only had an army, and they had a great navy.

Alexander then destroyed all the walls and the remaining buildings of the old city, and used them to build a bridge to the new city. The old city therefore had nothing left of it standing. Prophecy fulfilled.

I was interested to see Christopher Hitchins comment on the page you linked:

[i]'If you pick up any of the four Gospels and read them at random, it will not be long before you learn that such and such an action or saying, attributed to Jesus, was done so that an ancient prophecy should come true. If it should seem odd that an action should be deliberately performed in order that a foretelling be vindicate

And I already told you prophecy is not prediction.
JESUS said "This generation shall not pass away, until all these thing have been fulfilled". They weren't. He lied. One rationalization down for you, about a 1000 to go. Get busy ... or are you too lazy ?

The word prophecy varies depending on the context. Prophecy can mean preaching, or foretelling of things to come.

In the verse of scripture you are quoting, Jesus is talking about the end times, what's known as the tribulation. It's still to happen, but it's soon.
09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
(09-10-2017 04:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This is not a religious forum. You, Eagle, brought your stupid rubbish here. We did not go to you.

Don't discourage him, I am more than happy to go full Jesus on hypocritical blasphemous fake Christians. ...Like just so many monkeys exchanging currency in the temple. I was trained by the Lutherans. Smile

#sigh
09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
(09-10-2017 04:27 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Lying for Jebus, is still lying. Your Jebus told you not to judge. So you think you can judge, and not do what you're told ? Dismissing nonsense is not "being opposed" any more than dismissing pink sparkly unicorns is "being opposed" to them. You're a Presuppositionalist. Religion is your drug of choice. You admitted it. Just enjoy your little high as long as it lasts. When one of your children gets cancer, we'll see how much your Jebus does for you and your "joy".
You can't even speak about Him correctly. Take a look at yourself maybe? For someone who doesn't believe, you protest way too much.

Maybe you just don't want Him to exist, but you can't run away. Even Jonah, the Lords servant tried that.

We all die eventually, no one can escape, in this life or the next.

If you are alive in another life, you are not dead, fool.
You just contradicted yourself.
You just said you are dead in the "next life".
Facepalm

Of course we all die. Get over it. pretending you go to heaven is nothing different than believing in Santa.
You CHOSE to reject Santa. Shame on you.

Ah yes, always the "you just don't want him to exist", crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2017, 04:35 PM
(09-10-2017 04:27 PM)Eagle Wrote:  You can't even speak about Him correctly. Take a look at yourself maybe? For someone who doesn't believe, you protest way too much.

Maybe you're here to reinforce your own lack of belief. Does repeating the lie make it more believable to you?

(09-10-2017 04:27 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Maybe you just don't want Him to exist, but you can't run away. Even Jonah, the Lords servant tried that.

Maybe you just want him to exist. Deep down inside you know he doesn't, but you keep trying to force yourself. "Fake it till you make it", isn't that the creed?

(09-10-2017 04:27 PM)Eagle Wrote:  We all die eventually, no one can escape, in this life or the next.

And you choose to waste your precious time lying to others and yourself. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-10-2017, 04:38 PM
(09-10-2017 04:32 PM)Eagle Wrote:  The word prophecy varies depending on the context. Prophecy can mean preaching, or foretelling of things to come.

NO. The only definition and context that matter are those used by the original writers.

The Hebrew prophets DID NOT foretell the future. The christian writers twisted the Hebrew texts to suit their own needs.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-10-2017, 04:41 PM
(09-10-2017 02:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I don't think people can stop being a Christian, if they did stop, they never where a Christian to being with, as, that is, one can't be unborn.

I don't think people can stop being atheist, if they did stop, they never were an atheist to begin with, as, that is, one can't be made ignorant. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Could I ask, when you say you 'used to be a Christian', where you part of a particular denomination?

For myself, I always wanted to believe, life's futile without it, so the reverse was true, when I did finally believe, it was joy.

Yup, you were never an atheist.

Quote:As to 'stop believing in God', I think what you mean is doubt? Doubt is an interesting one, because, where there is doubt, there is a sparkle of belief there too, but I cannot stop believing in God, because all the evidence says yes. I wonder why you would ask that?

You have not presented us any evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
09-10-2017, 04:43 PM
(09-10-2017 04:32 PM)Eagle Wrote:  In the verse of scripture you are quoting, Jesus is talking about the end times, what's known as the tribulation. It's still to happen, but it's soon.

Yes we've heard it's always soon.

Someone tell Jesus to either shit or get off the pot. Right now all we're getting is a lot of stink.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 6 users Like unsapien's post
09-10-2017, 04:44 PM
(09-10-2017 03:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Even the Egyptians, the Midianites, and in some cases, his own chosen people? I guess murder and mayhem mean I love you Wink Have you read the OT where God "expresses his love?"
There are many points to be said about this.

One thing I will say is this: If you have children (?) when you discipline them, do you discipline them out of love?

There are MANY things I could say, but, at the same time, this is an internet forum and I am personally conscious of posting too much stuff, and getting sucked into a forum!

If you'd like to talk about it some more, we can.

Suffice it to say, there are people in the OT who rejected Jesus (Moses preached for 120 years!). Some people just love their lives too much to accept, people aren't really that different then than they are now.

I might discipline a child by taking away tv or toys, but murder them or send a she-bear to maul the crap out of them or intentionally give them an illness or starve them to death as "discipline" um no. How can you call that love? If a parent did that to a child today, they would be brought up on charges. But, no, not God, he gets a pass. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Also, Jesus isn't in the OT. That's something the Xtians took *out of context* from the OT. Jesus doesn't make an appearance until the second act (i.e. the NT). And Jesus was running around with a bunch of other loons, claiming magical feats. He wasn't the first to claim magical feats, it was kind of the thing to do at the time, like celebrities getting drunk and showing their vajayjay on TMZ.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post