Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(09-10-2017 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 03:30 PM)Eagle Wrote:  There are many points to be said about this.

One thing I will say is this: If you have children (?) when you discipline them, do you discipline them out of love?

There are MANY things I could say, but, at the same time, this is an internet forum and I am personally conscious of posting too much stuff, and getting sucked into a forum!

If you'd like to talk about it some more, we can.

Suffice it to say, there are people in the OT who rejected Jesus (Moses preached for 120 years!). Some people just love their lives too much to accept, people aren't really that different then than they are now.

I might discipline a child by taking away tv or toys, but murder them or send a she-bear to maul the crap out of them or intentionally give them an illness or starve them to death as "discipline" um no. How can you call that love? If a parent did that to a child today, they would be brought up on charges. But, no, not God, he gets a pass. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Also, Jesus isn't in the OT. That's something the Xtians took *out of context* from the OT. Jesus doesn't make an appearance until the second act (i.e. the NT). And Jesus was running around with a bunch of other loons, claiming magical feats. He wasn't the first to claim magical feats, it was kind of the thing to do at the time, like celebrities getting drunk and showing their vajayjay on TMZ.

Jesus is in the OT.

When people sacrificed lambs in the OT, they were signifying the coming of the lamb of God, that is Jesus.

People were saved exactly the same way in the OT as they were in the NT, as they are now. By believing in the coming Saviour, by believing in the Saviour who is here, and by believing in the Savior who came.

As for sinners being killed, Moses preached 120 years of salvation, but none of them believed. Sodom and Gomorrah rejected God, that's why the angels came to investigate.

The truth is, even the nicest guy on the planet is a sinner. Everyone, no matter how nice they are, does or has done something, even thinking evil about someone. That's how much God loves us, because we can't save ourselves (one sin makes us as guilty of all sins), He sent His only begotten Son (God in the flesh) who without sin, sacrificed Himself to pay a debt we can't.

Yes, God could have turned round and said, 'all is forgiven!', but God is a perfect moral God, and to do so would have defied His perfect moral position, so this is why the Jesus (God in the flesh) was purposed, because God loves us, He wants to forgive us, but He is a moral God, and cannot go against His nature.

So yes, people will perish, if they reject Jesus (and really, when people reject Jesus, it's because they don't want to give up their lives or their enjoyment of sin).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2017, 04:59 PM
(09-10-2017 04:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Now now, no study can disprove free will, because free will can encapsulate many things.

What research does show though, is that when people are convinced to believe in the lack of free will, they cheat more, steal more, lie more, become more unco-operative, have increased agression, whilst also engaging in mindless conformity. Do you think this sound like you?

Be not deceived by science, start to think for yourself.

Pot meet kettle...Kettle this is pot...

Popcorn
Could you give me an example of where you think I have given cause to be accused of such, if that's what you're doing? I am more than happy to be corrected, and I will thank you for it too.
09-10-2017, 05:00 PM
I am opposed to idiots who have delusions about the existence of a god.

I am not opposed to myself becoming a god.
Not sure when that might happen, but if it does, I'll be ready.

First thing I'll do is alter all the starving people into well fed people, instantly. They will all have homes and jobs (instantly).

I'll do a bunch of other stuff too and when you see all of this happen, you will know what it's like when a god actually exists.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-10-2017, 05:00 PM
(09-10-2017 04:49 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Be not deceived by science, start to think for yourself.

Damn. Now I need another new irony meter!

Me, too.

[Image: IronyMeterSplode.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-10-2017, 05:02 PM
(09-10-2017 04:59 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pot meet kettle...Kettle this is pot...

Popcorn
Could you give me an example of where you think I have given cause to be accused of such, if that's what you're doing? I am more than happy to be corrected, and I will thank you for it too.

There are 13 causes sitting in your reputation.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
09-10-2017, 05:02 PM
(09-10-2017 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 02:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I don't think people can stop being a Christian, if they did stop, they never where a Christian to being with, as, that is, one can't be unborn.

I don't think people can stop being atheist, if they did stop, they never were an atheist to begin with, as, that is, one can't be made ignorant. Drinking Beverage

Dude's not a Christian either. Blithering idiot comes to mind.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-10-2017, 05:03 PM
(09-10-2017 05:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:59 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Could you give me an example of where you think I have given cause to be accused of such, if that's what you're doing? I am more than happy to be corrected, and I will thank you for it too.

There are 13 causes sitting in your reputation.

That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.

It's not because i've been rude or aggressive, or cheated, or stole, or any of those things to anyone.

Thank you for your post Smile
09-10-2017, 05:07 PM
(09-10-2017 05:03 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.

It's not because i've been rude or aggressive, or cheated, or stole, or any of those things to anyone.

I don't care that you're a Christian. I think there are some problems with the arguments I've read from you, but I don't begrudge people simply for being Christians.

There are quite a few theists here who have admitted the limitations of their belief systems and have quite a high reputation here. If you're actually interested in having honest discussion here, do note when logical fallacies are pointed out.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-10-2017, 05:08 PM
(09-10-2017 05:03 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.

No, it's because you're not a Christian claiming to represent them.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-10-2017, 05:11 PM
(09-10-2017 04:58 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Jesus is in the OT.

When people sacrificed lambs in the OT, they were signifying the coming of the lamb of God, that is Jesus.

That is a Christian interpretation of the OT

Quote:People were saved exactly the same way in the OT as they were in the NT, as they are now. By believing in the coming Saviour, by believing in the Saviour who is here, and by believing in the Savior who came.

The evidence that anybody was EVER "saved is" ???
[Image: funny-Jesus-knocking-door-threat.jpg]

Quote:As for sinners being killed, Moses preached 120 years of salvation, but none of them believed. Sodom and Gomorrah rejected God, that's why the angels came to investigate.

Is god not omniscient? What was there to investigate? Why was a man willing to throw his daughters to be raped by a mob considered to be good? What evidence do you have that Moses actually existed and did anything of the things ascribed to him? Odysseus said a lot of things and so did Oliver Twist and Rumpelstiltskin.

Quote:The truth is, even the nicest guy on the planet is a sinner. Everyone, no matter how nice they are, does or has done something, even thinking evil about someone. That's how much God loves us, because we can't save ourselves (one sin makes us as guilty of all sins),

Who made us this way? Why can't god own up to being a shoddy workman?

This whole emphasis on how depraved people are is one of the worst facets of religion. They convince you that you are sick and that you need them to be cured.

Quote:He sent His only begotten Son (God in the flesh) who without sin, sacrificed Himself to pay a debt we can't.

Substitutionary atonement is a wholly immoral concept. Accepting the punishment of an innocent as payment for your errors is despicable.

Quote:Yes, God could have turned round and said, 'all is forgiven!', but God is a perfect moral God, and to do so would have defied His perfect moral position, so this is why the Jesus (God in the flesh) was purposed, because God loves us, He wants to forgive us, but He is a moral God, and cannot go against His nature.

The whole story makes no sense. God sent himself to be killed as a sacrifice to himself so that he could forgive us... spilling blood does not make up for anything and certainly does not equate to justice in any sense of the word.

Quote:So yes, people will perish, if they reject Jesus (and really, when people reject Jesus, it's because they don't want to give up their lives or their enjoyment of sin).

Jesus, if he existed, has been dead for nearly 2000 years. If you want us to believe stop preaching and present actual evidence. Free clue: the bible is the claim, not the evidence.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post