Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 10:29 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(09-10-2017 02:52 PM)Eagle Wrote:  The Bible is almost 3/10ths prophecy, and the prophecy has never shown to be wrong yet.

LOL. What "Bible" are you talking about.
A flat out lie.

"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. Yet thus saith the Lord GOD; At the end of forty years will I gather the Egyptians from the people whither they were scattered: And I will bring again the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return into the land of Pathros, into the land of their habitation; and they shall be there a base kingdom. It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations.

This passage is one of the most erroneous in the Bible. Since Ezekiel was penned, Egypt has never been recorded as a 'desolate waste'. There is no historical evidence of a time when people have not walked through Egypt; when for forty years Egypt was uninhabited after the civilization started there; or for when Egypt has been surrounded by other desolate countries."

Quote:Everything in the Bible agrees with itself. The fact that the Bible was written over some 1,500 years, by over 40 different authors, over at least 2 continents, and none of it disagrees with any of it, is proof, because it would be impossible for man to produce such a thing.

You are on drugs right ?
There are countless contradictions, as has been proven here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2017, 11:09 PM
(09-10-2017 10:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are on drugs right ?
There are countless contradictions, as has been proven here.

I suspect, based on countless encounters with similar individuals, that part of Eagle's religious indoctrination was in the form of brutal psychological abuse via the myth of hell. It is extremely difficult for someone to confront and banish such a fear, especially if he remains imbedded in a family and/or worship community that practises such barbaric methods. In many cases, a cult that constantly drills the idea of "believe or burn" is also a fundamentalist cult in which the Bible is always right, always without error, free of contradiction, and must never be questioned. There may also be a Venn diagram intersection with the Christian home-schooling community, based on Eagle's execrable knowledge of science.

The only way out for Eagle is to confront the fear of hell head-on, but such a confrontation may also entail giving up the fantasy of eternal life in heaven and his ego may just not be resilient enough to face the prospect of losing that part of himself forever. If he doesn't feel the need to confront the issues and is comfortable in the myth, it probably won't happen.

The only reason I haven't jumped on the negative-rep bandwagon -- yet! -- is that there is something piteous and tragic about Eagle, something that I would never allow into my own life.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
09-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Did we get a definition of what a "God" is yet?

I can't be opposed to something, or even give any sort of opinion about it, until I know what it's meant to be.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
09-10-2017, 11:34 PM
(09-10-2017 11:11 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Did we get a definition of what a "God" is yet?

I can't be opposed to something, or even give any sort of opinion about it, until I know what it's meant to be.

While we wait for the reply we all know is not coming, .... help me out here.
I fancy I too want to become a Christian. They have a kind of dumb god. Even if you don't believe, he can be tricked, if you *say* you do, even if you don't. So now, all I have to do is decide which of the 33,000 sects to try out. As Eagle has said, the rule is Utilitarianism. The one that is the most useful ... that's the ticket. True or not, if it explains things and ups my mood, that will be the deciding factor.

So here's 7 cool sects.
http://list.ly/list/TNT-7-severely-stran...tian-sects
I think it has to be one of these. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2017, 11:40 PM
(09-10-2017 11:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 11:11 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Did we get a definition of what a "God" is yet?

While we wait for the reply we all know is not coming, .... help me out here.
I fancy I too want to become a Christian. They have a kind of dumb god. Even if you don't believe, he can be tricked, if you *say* you do, even if you don't. So now, all I have to do is decide which of the 33,000 sects to try out. As Eagle has said, the rule is Utilitarianism. The one that is the most useful ... that's the ticket. True or not, if it explains things and ups my mood, that will be the deciding factor.

So here's 7 cool sects.
http://list.ly/list/TNT-7-severely-stran...tian-sects
I think it has to be one of these. Angel

Lol, yeah it has to be one of those! They would actually solve a lot of problems in my life. I'll have to total up which one solves the most, and extra points for doing it while dressed as a hen.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
10-10-2017, 12:55 AM
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Be not deceived by science, start to think for yourself.
(09-10-2017 03:35 PM)Eagle Wrote:  For what it's worth, i'm a university graduate in a science field
Nice try...
Laugh out load Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
10-10-2017, 12:59 AM
Eagle: "Yes, God could have turned round and said, 'all is forgiven!', but God is a perfect moral God, and to do so would have defied His perfect moral position,..."

Hello Eagle,
Could you please explain how simply forgiving us defies God's perfect moral position.

Eagle: "... so this is why the Jesus (God in the flesh) was purposed, because God loves us, He wants to forgive us, but He is a moral God, and cannot go against His nature."

God wants to forgive us, so what part of his nature would he be going against if he did?
How did the death of Jesus allow God to forgive us?
[+] 3 users Like brunumb's post
10-10-2017, 01:03 AM
(10-10-2017 12:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Be not deceived by science, start to think for yourself.
(09-10-2017 03:35 PM)Eagle Wrote:  For what it's worth, i'm a university graduate in a science field
Nice try...
Laugh out load Facepalm
(snort)

[Image: Paris_-_Jardin_des_Tuileries_-_Henri_Vid..._-_001.jpg]

Facepalm forever.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
10-10-2017, 02:51 AM
OH man, I missed out on this total ding bat. Curse the various different time zone!

So we have another "GOD DID IT LOLZ" person do we? Lovely.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
10-10-2017, 03:46 AM
Eagle hasn't risen from the bed, must be having a lie in.

Get your own bleeding hymn book