Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
Does anybody really care what that idiot is up to?

Seriously.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2017, 04:11 AM
(09-10-2017 01:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm opposed to unicorns. Horses shouldn't have spikey horns.

They're not horses, they're thin Rhinos ...

[Image: 1cd9d27938155596521d7c7da94e8e6e.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
10-10-2017, 04:21 AM
(09-10-2017 01:37 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 01:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  Not really the place, but do you see the difference between unicorns and the idea of unicorns? One exists (like the whole multitude of ideas our brains can conceive of), the other - not so much. Same with gods and goddesses. Every last one of them.
Haha OK, I don't really know the place, so I apologize for this not really being it. But no, of course unicorns don't exist, but God clearly exists, due to universe existing (after all, who else could have created the universe and the marvels of the world).

The laws of the universe (themodynamics) prove that nothing can be created out of nothing. God created the universe.

Oh goody we've never heard this one before Dodgy
10-10-2017, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 05:19 AM by OakTree500.)
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Be not deceived by science, start to think for yourself.
(09-10-2017 03:35 PM)Eagle Wrote:  For what it's worth, i'm a university graduate in a science field
I didn't know you could take a degree in bullshit these days Laugh out load

Time to sound the "troll alert" warning.

[Image: 22.gif?resize=500%2C269]

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
10-10-2017, 04:46 AM
(09-10-2017 01:37 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Haha OK, I don't really know the place, so I apologize for this not really being it. But no, of course unicorns don't exist, but God clearly exists, due to universe existing (after all, who else could have created the universe and the marvels of the world).

The laws of the universe (themodynamics) prove that nothing can be created out of nothing. God created the universe.

I am glad to see you acknowledging that the laws of Thermodynamics exist because it is a natural consequence of them that complexity has developed over the age of the universe, from the very beginning when there was nothing but radiation. So if there was a god that created the universe, it's completely irrelevant to what has happened since the Big Bang and consequently our lives.

The phrase 'nothing can be created out of nothing' is full of equivocation, but what we do know is that localised islands of complexity can and do develop from initially chaotic and randomised conditions as a consequence of the laws of thermodynamics. You can see this process for yourself next time it snows.

P.s The Bible talks about unicorns.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
10-10-2017, 04:59 AM
(09-10-2017 04:46 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Now now, no study can disprove free will, because free will can encapsulate many things.

What is free will? What's it free from?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
10-10-2017, 05:08 AM
Plus then you have your stuff that is just backwards. Eagle do you agree with:

Quote:"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11
?

OR

Quote:"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9)
Suppose I'll go throw my daughter at a stone wall then?]

Quote:"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy 22: 20-21)
Right lads, time to stone to death those who arne't virgins prior to marriage....Right Eagle?

Quote:"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
So, you brother dies....so you gots to marry his wife? Is that right Eagle?

Quote:"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)
Ever argue with your parents? Whelps, time to die I suppose?

Quote:"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)
Literally anybody with any sort of issue with their body, won't be accepted by god? Right Eagle? Right?

Quote:If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
More Stonings for disagreeing with the parents...

Quote:“At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him. But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son’s foreskin and touched Moses’ feet with it. ‘Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me,’ she said. So the Lord let him alone.” Exodus 4:24–26
Bring a foreskin to a lord fight?

And if non of the above is right, why is any of the rest of it right?

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
10-10-2017, 05:10 AM
(09-10-2017 05:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:34 PM)Dr H Wrote:  The reality is that there is well over a century and a half of amassed evidence in support of evolution, including direct observation of evolution occurring in the laboratory.

This isn't evolution. Evolution is evolving into a new species, ie a bacteria becoming a fish etc.

What happened here, in your example, is not evolution, but a variation in a species. It's still the same species. Much like a person can be born with an unusual birthmark, they are still a person.

When I say there's no proof of evolution, and when I say when people try to present truth, it's usually something like a bird becoming a slightly bigger version of a bird, is because it's true.

I say it, because when I speak, I speak of what I know.
In that case you should be mute because clearly you know **** all. In my 2 and a bit years here I don't think I've ever seen one individual vomit forth so many debunked and pitiful apologetics in such short a time.The fact that you require apologetics at all is sufficient for me to dismiss religion in general and Christianity in particular (although others may disagree with me)
I used to be like you but I crawled out of self delusion indoctrination etc, like Astreja I'm not going to negatively rep you yet because clearly you have been spun a line and are completely brainwashed something you would most likely interpret as being "on fire with the holy spirit".However this may change if you continue to be wilfully ignorant and especially if you carry on trying to tell us what we believe.
A bit of friendly advice; stop prancing around and proselytising take a deep breath and slow down, at the moment your "zeal for Jesus" ™ is causing such a massive endorphin cascade you are as high as a kite, a slow steady approach a touch of humility acknowledgment of points would make your stay here much more fruitful and less combative, unfortunately so far absolutely nothing you have said is not something we haven't heard a hundred times before.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-10-2017, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 06:52 AM by Mathilda.)
(09-10-2017 05:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  This isn't evolution. Evolution is evolving into a new species, ie a bacteria becoming a fish etc.

What happened here, in your example, is not evolution, but a variation in a species. It's still the same species. Much like a person can be born with an unusual birthmark, they are still a person.

When I say there's no proof of evolution, and when I say when people try to present truth, it's usually something like a bird becoming a slightly bigger version of a bird, is because it's true.

I say it, because when I speak, I speak of what I know.

You should learn what evolution is before you dismiss it otherwise all you are doing is presenting a strawman argument that won't achieve anything. It would be like me arguing with you that your god does not exist because christians always describe it as having smurf like qualities and there is no evidence of smurfs ever existing and were in fact invented in 1958 so christianity is false.

If I tried making that argument it would be a waste of everyone's time, but that's exactly what you are doing by making a strawman argument about evolution.
10-10-2017, 05:30 AM
Nothing on TV?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post