Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(10-10-2017 08:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 08:33 AM)Rachel Wrote:  Mother Theresa on a cinnamon bun

band name?

I actually laughed out loud at that phrase.

Does kind of sound like a curse, doesn't it?

"Christ on a crutch!"

"Mother Teresa on a cinnamon bun!"

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2017, 06:13 PM
(10-10-2017 09:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The top 10 signs you don't understand evolution :
http://www.godofevolution.com/the-top-10...on-at-all/

ROTFL!

"When I’m talking with atheists or agnostics who are passionately against any and all religion, I sometimes find that they have inaccurate (or just plain wrong) ideas about the teachings of the Bible, the nature of the Christian faith and the qualities of the God I believe in. In other words, some of those whom I’ve encountered have a poor understanding of the very thing they think they oppose."

Hysterical in the context of our allegedly "Christian" troll, who evidenced no understanding of even the basic definition of biological evolution, while at least a dozen atheists demonstrated a superior knowledge of the contents of the Bible he claimed to be defending.

LaughatLaugh out loadBig Grin

--
Dr H

[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
10-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Where is our Christian forum troll......er........friend today? Was this another drive by?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-10-2017, 06:26 PM
(10-10-2017 09:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 09:11 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Well, physics and biology have already been eliminated as possibilities, based on Eagle's blatant misrepresentations of same. Chemistry is still in the differential, although probably not organic chemistry.

I was thinking maybe pseudo.

Could be "computer science", maybe "food science".
They don't have to actually know any real hard science. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-10-2017, 06:26 PM
(10-10-2017 06:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where is our Christian forum troll......er........friend today? Was this another drive by?

Perchance the Eagle has flown the coop?

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
10-10-2017, 06:47 PM
(10-10-2017 06:26 PM)Dr H Wrote:  ...
flown the coop?

I have an aerie feeling that he'll be back.

Angel

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
10-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(10-10-2017 06:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where is our Christian forum troll......er........friend today? Was this another drive by?

Maybe this is a “The Thinking Atheist” version of pigeon chess. In this case a poster going by the mononym of “Eagle” invaded the forum, created a thread, pooped all over it with apologetics and then flew back to his fundie church, where he told everyone that denial equals a devastating rebuttal. Hence, “Eagle Chess.”
[+] 8 users Like Rachel's post
10-10-2017, 06:50 PM
(10-10-2017 06:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 06:26 PM)Dr H Wrote:  ...
flown the coop?

I have an aerie feeling that he'll be back.

Angel

For a fledgling apologist he sure squawked loudly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-10-2017, 06:51 PM
(09-10-2017 01:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 01:41 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Actually God never existed because fuck you.

Haha. This is the unicorns and rainbows thread Smile

But, that's OK, I wouldn't attack you for belief that there isn't a God.

All the best Thumbsup

I have a question:

What if the universe was never created, and has simply always just existed?

Sure, the observable universe appears to be expanding, but this forces us to ask yet another question; "What is it expanding into?"

Could the answer not simply be that the observable universe is merely expanding into the unobservable universe?

You see, your mind has been conditioned to conclude that everything must have had a beginning, and therefore everything will have an end. You have been conditioned to accept as fact that everything must be created.

But what if nothing has ever been created? What if ... everything we can observe is merely a transformation of a previous existence? For example, a wooden chair is the transformation of a tree. All dogs are transformations of the wolf. And perhaps even the earth is a transformation of some previous world that once existed in another part of the universe.

You, as a believer in God, accept that God was never created and has always existed. Therefore, you already subscribe to the concept that something actually could exist with no origin, and no ending.

We already know that the concept of an eternal and infinite existence can be demonstrated by simply counting numbers ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... and we know there would be an infinite amount of numbers, and therefore they could be counted eternally.

If you can accept that as a truth, how little of a jump would you need to make to accept the real possibility that something else, such as the universe, could also be eternal and infinite?

Are you willing to open your mind up to demonstrable possibilities that can challenge your current religious belief system? If so, then much wonder awaits, and where there is wonder, curiosity reigns and the quest for knowledge begins.

Enjoy your stay here on our forum.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
10-10-2017, 07:21 PM
(10-10-2017 06:47 PM)Rachel Wrote:  

Maybe this is a “The Thinking Atheist” version of pigeon chess. In this case a poster going by the mononym of “Eagle” invaded the forum, created a thread, pooped all over it with apologetics and then flew back to his fundie church, where he told everyone that denial equals a devastating rebuttal. Hence, “Eagle Chess.”

"Now let me tell you how I taught a group of atheists about how evolution was false, and they accepted the truth of Creationism!" - Rev. Eagle.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user