Opposed to God or the idea of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 08:25 PM
RE: Opposed to God or the idea of God?
(11-10-2017 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ...
This idea led me to look into whether "God" can be traced back to a Thor-like character and I came up with Khaldi. In this region, where I live, which is not so far from Van in Turkey, the Assyrian people of Uruartu worshipped Khaldi and in the language of this area, ie., Turkey, an "i" ending is a suffix added to a word to refer to a specific thing rather than a generic concept. If we had this in English we would refer to the generic "dog" but a specific dog as "dogi" (although it would be "dogu" due to harmonization rules). So, if Khald is the generic of a specific Assyrian Khaldi, then it's not a huge leap to say that "God" is the Assyrian "Khald". ...

I'm etymologically confused now.

Should I be worshipping Khald Rogo, Khald Rogi or Khald Rogu?

[Image: 170px-Jason_Momoa_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg]

[Image: rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F14%2Feb52b269-15bc-4...p;amp;q=70]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2017, 08:27 PM
(11-10-2017 08:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm etymologically confused now.

Should I be worshipping Khald Rogo, Khald Rogi or Khald Rogu?

Khald Bob. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-10-2017, 08:55 PM
(11-10-2017 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Khald Bob. Drinking Beverage

Can you rent horses anywhere near you?

Cuz you know what your Halloween costume has to be now, right? Tongue

11-10-2017, 09:05 PM
(11-10-2017 08:55 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Khald Bob. Drinking Beverage

Can you rent horses anywhere near you?

Cuz you know what your Halloween costume has to be now, right? Tongue

Consider ... Yes, yes, I think I do. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-10-2017, 09:17 PM
(11-10-2017 07:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 02:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Facepalm Seriously? Two sets of eyes? Clockwork our little friend has to be 12 yo or a moron. At the very least he has reading comprehension issues...

I figured as much, but I was willing to let him dig his own hole. Big Grin

I find it fascinating he thinks Jebus' eagles are "4 eyes" and considers that a good thing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-10-2017, 10:50 PM
(09-10-2017 05:03 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  There are 13 causes sitting in your reputation.
That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.
It's not because i've been rude or aggressive, or cheated, or stole, or any of those things to anyone.
Thank you for your post Smile

Eagle,

I’m so sorry that I wasn’t here a few days ago to really take a nice bite, but it seems the rest of the forum has chewed you all up. Never-the-less, since you’ve been spotted lurking, I just wanted to give you a rundown of what went wrong here.

The reason you have not been well received here is not because you’re a Christian. Other theists have been accepted here without any problems, Christians included. No, the reason for your spectacular crash and burn is not because you're some kind of victim, but because you did not heed my advice. I told you to stay back a bit and get to know them before you start blabbering about religion. Did you listen to me? No, because you weren’t here to have honest, intelligent conversation. You were here to be a stupid jack-ass. You had a preconception of what atheists were like and you projected those views onto the people here. You manufactured a situation where you’d get the results you were looking for so you could confirm your own idiotic and hateful biases.

Normal, well-adjusted people who join new social groups do some observing before they relax enough to push some boundaries. You are a visitor here until the group accepts you, and you were not acting like a visitor. If you can’t see that, then that further reinforces the validity of my advice. You should have laid back and gotten to know the culture. The members of this forum do not dislike you because you’re a Christian. They dislike you because you broke the social code; a social code that applies to all people in all situations.
[+] 12 users Like Aliza's post
11-10-2017, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 02:37 PM by Full Circle.)
(09-10-2017 05:03 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.

I can’t let Aliza have all the fun, she gave you the measured and civil explanation why being a Christian isn’t why others on the forum don’t like you.

It’s late and I’m tired and so I’ll give you the not so measured and civil explanation.
I have a shit load of Christian friends and family members that I like very much, we avoid discussing religion so we get along great. You, on the other hand, have a persecution complex, are ill informed, poorly educated, show preconceived biases, like to generalize and you come across as insincere and close minded. For these reasons I think you’re a twatwaffle and not because you are a Christian. You can tell yourself it’s because of your faith but the fact is that you don’t want to face the uncomfortable truth that people don’t care for you personally. The -17 rep isn’t because you're Christian, the -17 rep is because you are a douchebag. Haha.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
11-10-2017, 11:17 PM
(11-10-2017 10:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 05:03 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That's because people don't like that I am a Christian.
It's not because i've been rude or aggressive, or cheated, or stole, or any of those things to anyone.
Thank you for your post Smile

Eagle,

I’m so sorry ...

pffft... just another fake Christian. I have some hope for the Graboid though.

#sigh
11-10-2017, 11:21 PM
(11-10-2017 11:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
You, on the other hand, have a persecution complex...

Persecution complex! That's the phrase I was trying to think of. Eagle definitely has a persecution complex, and OMG did that schtick get old with the first dozen or so Christians who came here whining and crying like that.
12-10-2017, 12:59 AM
Crying persecution while attacking others, is the Christian way. How often did they cry persecution while they massacred the pagans? Then when the pagans were gone, they still, to this day, cry persecution.
It is a great tactic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.