Oppressive Secular Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Oppressive Secular Laws
Saw this gem on Facebook (I know, I know) but I just had to share it. It seems we have oppressive secular laws that discriminate a religious believers freedom of speech. How do they make this stuff up? Where are these laws that ban theists from talking about their religion? Are they talking about Atheists arguing with them? If so then that's not discrimination, that's them making claims and Atheists refuting those claims, they still have the right to make those claims in the first place though, or are they talking about keeping religious preference out of the government? It's always been that way, nothing new really. They can have fun standing up to a problem that does not exist.

[Image: Lol_zpslj1hcvbo.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-08-2015, 11:10 AM
RE: Oppressive Secular Laws
"Freedom from atheism foundation" Laughing my ass off.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
23-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Changing the word "state" to "bible" makes the poster valid. Someone should do that and repost it. For added clout put the pertinent bible verse references in each picture.

As usual, the witless spoutings of religionists make the most powerful arguments against it.
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
23-08-2015, 11:47 AM
(23-08-2015 11:10 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  "Freedom from atheism foundation" Laughing my ass off.

I know Laugh out load

(23-08-2015 11:36 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Changing the word "state" to "bible" makes the poster valid. Someone should do that and repost it. For added clout put the pertinent bible verse references in each picture.

As usual, the witless spoutings of religionists make the most powerful arguments against it.

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this. If only they could see the irony.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-08-2015, 02:07 PM
(23-08-2015 10:52 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Saw this gem on Facebook (I know, I know) but I just had to share it. It seems we have oppressive secular laws that discriminate a religious believers freedom of speech. How do they make this stuff up?
Probably we don't have those laws yet.
But I can say: "marriage is only between a man and woman" and then I will watch all the hell breaks loose.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
23-08-2015, 02:13 PM
At work.

(23-08-2015 02:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Probably we don't have those laws yet.
But I can say: "marriage is only between a man and woman" and then I will watch all the hell breaks loose.

You're quite welcome to your opinions and world view.

However, when you want to discriminate against people..... can you not see how imposing your views on others is not good?

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
23-08-2015, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 02:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-08-2015 02:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  But I can say: "marriage is only between a man and woman" and then I will watch all the hell breaks loose.

Your church didn't think so 130 years ago. And I don't think they hold that position now. They issued a cease and desist order against teaching plural marriage in 1890 based primarily on the fact that it was illegal and as you always say Alla you need to follow the laws of the jurisdiction you live in. Well now the law of the land where you live allows man-man and women-women marriages. Obey the laws of where you live Alla, be a good Mormon and obey the law.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2015, 02:22 PM
(23-08-2015 02:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 10:52 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Saw this gem on Facebook (I know, I know) but I just had to share it. It seems we have oppressive secular laws that discriminate a religious believers freedom of speech. How do they make this stuff up?
Probably we don't have those laws yet.

No one is stopping you from saying anything about marriage. You just don't get to express your views on marriage, or any other subject, without others also being able to disagree.

The "freedom of speech" some religious people are demanding is actually the privilege of unopposed speech/freedom from dissent. That's not constitutionally protected.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
23-08-2015, 02:27 PM
(23-08-2015 02:13 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  You're quite welcome to your opinions and world view.
Actually it is not my opinion. This is Doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ.
If I share this Doctrine openly all the hell will break loose.
I will be called a bigot and a person who wants to discriminate gay people.
If I want to talk about it(my believes on marriage) at liberal University they will ban me.
We don't have oppressive secular laws yet. We will have them. Very soon.
Prophecies never fail.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-08-2015, 02:30 PM
At work.

Will post/reply when I have more time/keyboard etc.

You, um, haven't been prevented from posting yet..... have you? Wink'