Oppressive Secular Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Oppressive Secular Laws
(23-08-2015 02:22 PM)julep Wrote:  No one is stopping you from saying anything about marriage. You just don't get to express your views on marriage, or any other subject, without others also being able to disagree.
If someone calls me "a bigot" for my views on marriage I will be stopped.
To call me "a bigot" is a very effective way to stop me.
To call me "a bigot" is not just "being able to disagree"

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2015, 02:32 PM
(23-08-2015 02:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  Actually it is not my opinion. This is Doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ.

The doctrine of the Church of Latter Day Saints is that men should marry and procreate with as many women as possible if they are told to do so by God.

GirlyMan: "God told me to fuck and marry her and have more Mormon babies."
ManlyGirl: "God told me to cut off your balls."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-08-2015, 02:34 PM
(23-08-2015 02:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  Actually it is not my opinion. This is Doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ.

It is not the doctrine of the Church of Latter Day Saints.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-08-2015, 02:36 PM
(23-08-2015 02:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  We don't have oppressive secular laws yet. We will have them. Very soon.
Prophecies never fail.

Yeah, predicting that your bigoted view of how we should do things will receive some backlash is so surprising. Self fulfilling prophecies are miraculous. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
23-08-2015, 02:39 PM
(23-08-2015 02:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 02:22 PM)julep Wrote:  No one is stopping you from saying anything about marriage. You just don't get to express your views on marriage, or any other subject, without others also being able to disagree.

No, someone calling you a bigot or any other name does not stop you from doing anything.
23-08-2015, 02:40 PM
(23-08-2015 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 02:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  But I can say: "marriage is only between a man and woman" and then I will watch all the hell breaks loose.
Your church didn't think so 130 years ago.
Church was teaching from the beginning of the times that marriage is only between a man and woman so they would procreate posterity for God.
But sometimes God can give an instruction that some men can have more than one wife. There are some reasons for that. But still marriage is when there is father(male) and mother/mothers(females)
(23-08-2015 02:04 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And I don't think they hold that position now.
We still believe that plural marriage is true principle we just do not practice it at this time. But everything is subject to change in this world. Everything accept absolute truth.
(23-08-2015 02:04 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  They issued a cease and desist order against teaching plural marriage in 1890 based primarily on the fact that it was illegal and as you always say Alla you need to follow the laws of the jurisdiction you live in. Well now the law of the land where you live allows man-man and women-women marriages. Obey the laws of where you live Alla, be a good Mormon and obey the law.
I will not rebel against this law. I just will never believe in NEW definition of word "marriage".

23-08-2015, 02:43 PM
(23-08-2015 02:39 PM)julep Wrote:  No, someone calling you a bigot or any other name does not stop you from doing anything.
If I am at liberal university and every student is liberal, and every professor is liberal I will NEVER tell my true opinion about marriage.
I will stop myself. I will be afraid.
But if I am brave then all the hell will break loose.

23-08-2015, 02:43 PM
(23-08-2015 02:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  

So are you saying that you should be allowed to be a bigot without getting called out for it if it's part of your religion?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
23-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(23-08-2015 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
The doctrine of the Church of Latter Day Saints is that men should marry and procreate with as many women as possible if they are told to do so by God.
No, it is not the Doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ. Even if you insist it is not going to become the Doctrine.

23-08-2015, 02:48 PM
(23-08-2015 02:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  If I am at liberal university and every student is liberal, and every professor is liberal I will NEVER tell my true opinion about marriage.

Transfer to BYU.