Options in a 'Mental Institution'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Options in a 'Mental Institution'
No matter how many times I try, no matter how hard I try, I always come back to the conclusion of the OP.

However, I am still tallying costs and benefits.

This is just an interim status report. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Dunno why, Zat, but 2 scenes from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest came immediately to mind.

(22-09-2011 12:42 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Now, as a good pragmatist, I could accept that and try to find another solution, based on the premise that assumes: it is impossible to stop manufacturing firearms. But do I want to participate in a society where the only sane solution is rejected out of hand as impossible?

(22-09-2011 12:42 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Would I like to live in a mental institution, where everyone behaved sensibly, as long as one accepts the assumption that the water faucet is God?

And a proper use of God, errr, I mean water faucets.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-03-2013, 04:31 PM
The questions of guns and ammunition (or, as fondly called by gun-lovers 'ammo') keeps coming back over and over again.

Although this thread is about a much wider topic of individual options in general -- the example I brought up was about guns and gun-related violence.

What seems the hardest for most to understand is that there is an obvious theoretical solution to most of society's problems -- all of which are rejected out of hand by the overwhelming majority of citizenry (both leaders and followers) because they have no idea of how to analyze problems logically and find optimum solutions.

In short: thinking outside their box instead of tweaking of, and fiddling with, the status quo.

So, I though I would try again to see how it won't go anywhere fast!