Order implies the God and Goddess. How beastly is this argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 07:21 PM by Simon Moon.)
RE: Order implies the God and Goddess. How beastly is this argument.
(14-01-2013 06:28 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  No Simon, I was not saying he was correct in his assertion about order being evidence of a mind. I was saying that he is in his assertion about some Atheists dismissing every argument with just repeated question-asking. Asking tons of questions is great, but actually countering the argument with logic and reason will help to progress the conversation to a greater level.
Anyways, now that I've looked at this a few times, I don't really think it's here nor there.
One philosophy that I am starting to adopt is: One way to find that one does not care about my argument is that they will hardly have their own. It's when I have realised this about the person I am in conversation with that I need to move on.

I see. I reread your post and it looks like I had a problem with my reading comprehension. Thank you for correcting me.

There are legitimate reasons, that sometimes when debating theists, asking a lot of questions is necessary. They will make claims or state a premise in their argument, that they assume (usually based on presuppositionalism) is true and should be accepted by their opponent without question.

If you allow them to continue without questioning their claims or premises as they make them, you will get to the end of their argument and have to begin to unpack the entire thing, to tell them why their argument fails. It is better to question early, so both parties can decide whether the premises or the claims should be accepted as valid.

Asking the questions is part of the process of countering the argument.

If both parties are intellectually honest, and both parties accept all the premises to be true, and the argument is logically valid (contains no fallacies), then one will be persuaded to accept the conclusion of the argument. That is how legitimate debate works.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Simon Moon's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Order implies the God and Goddess. How beastly is this argument. - Simon Moon - 15-01-2013 07:16 PM