Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
First the state of Oregon decided to infringe up the freedom of this couple by compelling them to bake a cake they didn't want to bake and then further infringed upon their freedom by court order forbidding them from talking about their refusal to bake said cake.

So much for individual freedom in Oregon. I won't do business there. Facist pigs they are.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/ore...tcmp=hpbt4
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(01-10-2015 08:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  First the state of Oregon decided to infringe up the freedom of this couple by compelling them to bake a cake they didn't want to bake and then further infringed upon their freedom by court order forbidding them from talking about their refusal to bake said cake.

So much for individual freedom in Oregon. I won't do business there. Facist pigs they are.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/ore...tcmp=hpbt4

If you've read the lawsuit, the damages aren't from actually having them refusing to bake a cake, it's that the people who owned the bakery doxxed the couple online who wanted the cake, and ended up getting death threats and nearly lost custody of their kid because they were afraid they couldn't keep them safe.

You can read the ruling here (page 12 regarding being doxxed): http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAssets/pa...s%20FO.pdf

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 12 users Like Logisch's post
01-10-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
Facts in a blow me thread? Total waste of keystrokes.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
01-10-2015, 08:45 PM
(01-10-2015 08:32 PM)Logisch Wrote:  If you've read the lawsuit, the damages aren't from actually having them refusing to bake a cake, it's that the people who owned the bakery doxxed the couple online who wanted the cake, and ended up getting death threats and nearly lost custody of their kid because they were afraid they couldn't keep them safe.

You can read the ruling here (page 12 regarding being doxxed): http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAssets/pa...s%20FO.pdf

This.

The owners are playing victim under a non-existent contentious objection (there's no such thing as a religious belief exception from anti-discrimination law) and caused drama over the fact that someone filed an anti-discrimination complaint and escalated the drama once BOLI decided to fine them for it.
[+] 8 users Like ZoraPrime's post
01-10-2015, 08:51 PM
(01-10-2015 08:35 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Facts in a blow me thread? Total waste of keystrokes.

If you follow his link and read the synopsis of the case it is quite clear the couple was fined for not baking a cake and not for Doxxing. The gay couples complaint is a matter of public record and as such they should have no expectation of privacy.
01-10-2015, 08:58 PM
(01-10-2015 08:45 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  This.

The owners are playing victim under a non-existent contentious objection (there's no such thing as a religious belief exception from anti-discrimination law) and caused drama over the fact that someone filed an anti-discrimination complaint and escalated the drama once BOLI decided to fine them for it.

So a person fined by the state should not be able to speak about that fine? Do you think that is right? Suppose the state fined you for being gay. Would it be correct for the state to then put a gag order on you to prevent you from discussing why you were fined? The actions of the state should be transparent.

There are really two issues here. Can the state coerce individuals engaged in exchanging their labor for the means to support themselves to bake cakes for gay weddings? If the state can.....can they also prevent those coerced from talking about their experience?

It seems in the totalitarian state of Oregon....they can.
01-10-2015, 09:02 PM
I live a mile from their dumb bakery (at least when it was in business) and a bunch of us went over with picket signs protesting their lousy discrimination against other human beings.

I think that's me with the reddish hair and my head turned away.

[Image: 00003443445243.jpg]

Another bakery, Bella's Cupcakes, just down the street was supportive of same sex marriage and sent us free cupcakes while we were protesting and I've bought pastries from them ever since. Amazing cupcakes too. I'm gonna give them a little plug just for being nice to ALL humans.

[Image: 600x600_1318574999745-BellaCupcake1.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 9 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-10-2015, 09:03 PM
(01-10-2015 09:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I live a mile from their dumb bakery (at least when it was in business) and a bunch of us went over with picket signs protesting their lousy discrimination against other human beings.

I think that's me with the reddish hair and my head turned away.

[Image: 00003443445243.jpg]

Another bakery, Bella's Cupcakes, just down the street was supportive of same sex marriage and sent us free cupcakes while we were protesting and I've bought pastries from them ever since. Amazing cupcakes too. I'm gonna give them a little plug just for being nice to ALL humans.

[Image: 600x600_1318574999745-BellaCupcake1.jpg]

Damn, those look like amazing cupcakes. Also high five for Oregonians.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
01-10-2015, 09:11 PM
(01-10-2015 09:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Another bakery, Bella's Cupcakes, just down the street was supportive of same sex marriage and sent us free cupcakes while we were protesting and I've bought pastries from them ever since. Amazing cupcakes too. I'm gonna give them a little plug just for being nice to ALL humans.

This is an example of exactly why this shit pisses me off. The state needs a very good reason to restrict individual freedom. Preventing butthurt isn't a good reason. Now suppose everyone refused to serve gays....then I could see a compelling state interest in making this couple serve gays. But that is not the case. This couple could have simply walked down the street and got served by the bakery that sent you the cupcakes.

What we have here is just a case of the state imposing its morality on others. Fining those that don't comply with state mandated morality....and then putting a gag order upon them to prevent them from talking about it.

We don't live in a free country anymore.
01-10-2015, 09:17 PM
(01-10-2015 09:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 09:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Another bakery, Bella's Cupcakes, just down the street was supportive of same sex marriage and sent us free cupcakes while we were protesting and I've bought pastries from them ever since. Amazing cupcakes too. I'm gonna give them a little plug just for being nice to ALL humans.

This is an example of exactly why this shit pisses me off. The state needs a very good reason to restrict individual freedom. Preventing butthurt isn't a good reason. Now suppose everyone refused to serve gays....then I could see a compelling state interest in making this couple serve gays. But that is not the case. This couple could have simply walked down the street and got served by the bakery that sent you the cupcakes.

What we have here is just a case of the state imposing its morality on others. Fining those that don't comply with state mandated morality....and then putting a gag order upon them to prevent them from talking about it.

We don't live in a free country anymore.

What a fucking idiot. If ONE person given a public license can get away with something, then so can anyone. You really have no clue what the law is all about. It applies to EVERYONE, or no one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post