Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(05-10-2015 04:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh fuck sakes. He's going on that merry-go-round again?

Blowjob, you miserable tit, I'll break it down for you:
  • You are free to exercise your religion.
  • Provided that you do not in the exercising thereof, break the law.
  • A gay couple were discriminated against by some Christian tit, who refused them service based on their sexual orientation.
  • To refuse service based on sexual orientation is illegal.
  • The end.

Waiting for Blowjob to fuck up the easy to follow logic train in 3... 2... 1...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(05-10-2015 04:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh fuck sakes. He's going on that merry-go-round again?

• A gay couple were discriminated against by some Christian tit, who refused them service based on their sexual orientation.
  • The end.

When I argue that it should not be the case that an individual be coerced into baking a cake for a gay wedding. You pointing out that it is the case that an individual be coerced into baking a cake for a gay wedding does not constitute you making a counter argument. You are simply babbling.
06-10-2015, 11:09 AM
(06-10-2015 11:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

• The end.

When I argue that it should not be the case that an individual be coerced into baking a cake for a gay wedding.

Which I can't imagine has ever happened in the world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-10-2015, 11:11 AM
(06-10-2015 11:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When I argue that it should not be the case that an individual be coerced into baking a cake for a gay wedding.

Which I can't imagine has ever happened in the world.

If you are a baker in Oregon, you best bake them gay wedding cakes when requested if you know what is good for you.
06-10-2015, 11:14 AM
(06-10-2015 11:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Which I can't imagine has ever happened in the world.

If you are a baker in Oregon, you best bake them gay wedding cakes when requested if you know what is good for you.

Well now you've changed the scenario in several ways.

What is a "gay wedding cake" and is that the same thing as a baked cake used in a gay wedding?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Is this about the bakery that initially agreed and then learned it was a gay marriage, and backed out just weeks before the event? Which left the couple to scramble to find another bakery on somewhat short notice. (most people order their wedding cakes a few months in advance if they want something other a sheet cake with wedding bells).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2015, 11:21 AM
(06-10-2015 11:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What is a "gay wedding cake" ...?

A wedding cake baked by a gay baker?

#sigh
06-10-2015, 11:29 AM
(06-10-2015 11:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Which I can't imagine has ever happened in the world.

If the baker is busy or have other cakes scheduled for that same day, they can totally refuse, doesn't matter what the cake is for.

Usually with many wedding cakes that involve multiple levels, the baker also delivers the cake and sets it up -- places the cake topper, tidies it up, so it's not just about baking a cake.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-10-2015, 11:30 AM
(06-10-2015 11:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is this about the bakery that initially agreed and then learned it was a gay marriage, and backed out just weeks before the event? Which left the couple to scramble to find another bakery on somewhat short notice. (most people order their wedding cakes a few months in advance if they want something other a sheet cake with wedding bells).

If something like this happens and a contract is violated it should be resolved under tort law.
06-10-2015, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 11:51 AM by GirlyMan.)
(06-10-2015 11:30 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is this about the bakery that initially agreed and then learned it was a gay marriage, and backed out just weeks before the event? Which left the couple to scramble to find another bakery on somewhat short notice. (most people order their wedding cakes a few months in advance if they want something other a sheet cake with wedding bells).

If something like this happens and a contract is violated it should be resolved under tort law.

It was resolved under tort law. No criminal charges were filed. Nobody was threatened with jail.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post