Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(02-10-2015 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:22 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Discrimination is discrimination no matter how many people do it.

People discriminate every day. When I was young, I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me.

How quaint Rolleyes We're not discussing individuals. The reason anti-discrimination laws are in place is because otherwise some marginalised groups experience *systematic* discrimination. i.e. *Nearly everyone with economic power* discriminates against them. Hence, there's no economic incentive *not to*. That's where your stupid "free market will fix everything" mantra falls apart.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
02-10-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(02-10-2015 12:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 11:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  What this dickhead is trying to say AFAICT, is that you should count yourself lucky that you're not jailed for being gay, and shut right the fuck up about equal treatment Rolleyes

I forgive you for calling me a dickhead. My point is just because something is codified into law doesn't make it right or moral as Bucky seems to selectively think it does.

I never said that you idiot troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-10-2015, 01:59 PM
(02-10-2015 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  People discriminate every day. When I was young, I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me.

And then he added brain capacity .... and that ladies and gentlemen is why Blowme to this day, remains single. Tiny arms and tiny brain. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
(02-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  People discriminate every day. When I was young, I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me.

And then he added brain capacity .... and that ladies and gentlemen is why Blowme to this day, remains single. Tiny arms and tiny brain. Weeping

Cue forgiveness from the forum's most tolerant wanker Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
(02-10-2015 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:22 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Discrimination is discrimination no matter how many people do it.

People discriminate every day. When I was young, I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me.

You armist. Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  The reason anti-discrimination laws are in place is because otherwise some marginalised groups experience *systematic* discrimination. i.e. *Nearly everyone with economic power* discriminates against them. Hence, there's no economic incentive *not to*. That's where your stupid "free market will fix everything" mantra falls apart.

In this instance there is no systematic discrimination. The gay couple could go right down the street to the next baker who would serve them. What you are advocating is restricting individual freedom in case of systematic discrimination. While you are at it, why not impose curfews and martial law just in case riots happens.
02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
(02-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I'm not going to disclose my relationship status. But I will certainly say that I am not the runt of the litter like some of our forum members.Weeping
02-10-2015, 05:31 PM
(02-10-2015 05:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  The reason anti-discrimination laws are in place is because otherwise some marginalised groups experience *systematic* discrimination. i.e. *Nearly everyone with economic power* discriminates against them. Hence, there's no economic incentive *not to*. That's where your stupid "free market will fix everything" mantra falls apart.

In this instance there is no systematic discrimination. The gay couple could go right down the street to the next baker who would serve them. What you are advocating is restricting individual freedom in case of systematic discrimination. While you are at it, why not impose curfews and martial law just in case riots happens.

The baker that may of had completely different prices, style, and taste to their cake they might not of wanted... It doesn't mean it would certainly be the same commodity and there was no reason they wanted the other cake. You keep acting like they are being victimized because they could of gone elsewhere while you hang up on 1 factor and assume that is the case. You need to expand your view to realities ranges of gray.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 09:13 PM by Chas.)
(01-10-2015 09:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 09:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Another bakery, Bella's Cupcakes, just down the street was supportive of same sex marriage and sent us free cupcakes while we were protesting and I've bought pastries from them ever since. Amazing cupcakes too. I'm gonna give them a little plug just for being nice to ALL humans.

This is an example of exactly why this shit pisses me off. The state needs a very good reason to restrict individual freedom. Preventing butthurt isn't a good reason. Now suppose everyone refused to serve gays....then I could see a compelling state interest in making this couple serve gays. But that is not the case. This couple could have simply walked down the street and got served by the bakery that sent you the cupcakes.

What we have here is just a case of the state imposing its morality on others. Fining those that don't comply with state mandated morality....and then putting a gag order upon them to prevent them from talking about it.

We don't live in a free country anymore.

You are a fucking moron. You do not understand the principle at all.

The purpose is to make systemic discrimination by businesses not possible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 10:47 PM
(02-10-2015 05:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And then he added brain capacity .... and that ladies and gentlemen is why Blowme to this day, remains single. Tiny arms and tiny brain. Weeping

I'm not going to disclose my relationship status. But I will certainly say that I am not the runt of the litter like some of our forum members.Weeping

It's not your forum, Mr. -51. I forgive you for calling me a runt, you hypocritical moron.

Did you then have dis-arm-ament talks ?