Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(02-10-2015 05:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  The reason anti-discrimination laws are in place is because otherwise some marginalised groups experience *systematic* discrimination. i.e. *Nearly everyone with economic power* discriminates against them. Hence, there's no economic incentive *not to*. That's where your stupid "free market will fix everything" mantra falls apart.

In this instance there is no systematic discrimination. The gay couple could go right down the street to the next baker who would serve them. What you are advocating is restricting individual freedom in case of systematic discrimination. While you are at it, why not impose curfews and martial law just in case riots happens.

So the solution to pervasive systematic discrimination is... to not do anything about it when it happens and to encourage people who experience it to fuck off somewhere else?

So when women experience sexism in the workplace they can just fuck off to some other job down the road which doesn't do that.

When black guys experience unequal treatment by the cops they can just fuck off to a different neighbourhood where that doesn't happen.

Rolleyes Fucken troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
03-10-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: Oregon Couple refuses to pay damages to gays couple or comply with Gag Order
(02-10-2015 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In this instance there is no systematic discrimination. The gay couple could go right down the street to the next baker who would serve them. What you are advocating is restricting individual freedom in case of systematic discrimination. While you are at it, why not impose curfews and martial law just in case riots happens.

So the solution to pervasive systematic discrimination is... to not do anything about it when it happens and to encourage people who experience it to fuck off somewhere else?

So when women experience sexism in the workplace they can just fuck off to some other job down the road which doesn't do that.

When black guys experience unequal treatment by the cops they can just fuck off to a different neighbourhood where that doesn't happen.

Rolleyes Fucken troll.

Victim blame much?

The more he talks and shows his complete lack of empathy, the more Girly's diagnosis of severe narcissism sounds more and more accurate.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-10-2015, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 01:50 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(02-10-2015 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  So the solution to pervasive systematic discrimination is... to not do anything about it when it happens and to encourage people who experience it to fuck off somewhere else?

Rolleyes Fucken troll.

First, I forgive you for calling me a troll. In this case there is no systematic discrimination. You are inventing facts because without these invented facts your argument crumbles. A person who was there testified in this very thread that there was a baker right down the road willing to serve this gay couple. To claim now that systematic discrimination was happening is to claim fantasy. Fantasy might be the basis of you warped world view but it isn't the basis of rational discussion. If refusing to participate in your fantasy makes me a troll in your eyes....there is nothing I can do about it.

We are not talking about women. We are not talking about blacks. We are talking about gays. If you could show that gays face systematic discrimination from businesses then perhaps you could make a case that we need to infringe upon the rights of everyone else to insure they are served by the market....but that isn't the case.

This entire case was the state attempt at rehabilitation(liberaltard code for imposing your morality on everyone else) and not correcting a failure of the market.

"Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs, but that doesn’t mean that folks have the right to discriminate, The goal is never to shut down a business. The goal is to rehabilitate" - Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian

Last...the state, after their rehabilition attempt....imposes a gag order on this couple is outrageous. This couple has the right to tell the state they are fucking up. The state has no right to suppress them. The fact that people like will defend the state here is absolutely sickening.
03-10-2015, 02:10 AM
(03-10-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  So the solution to pervasive systematic discrimination is... to not do anything about it when it happens and to encourage people who experience it to fuck off somewhere else?

Rolleyes Fucken troll.

First, I forgive you for calling me a troll. In this case there is no systematic discrimination. You are inventing facts because without these invented facts your argument crumbles. A person who was there testified in this very thread that there was a baker right down the road willing to serve this gay couple. To claim now that systematic discrimination was happening is to claim fantasy. Fantasy might be the basis of you warped world view but it isn't the basis of rational discussion. If refusing to participate in your fantasy makes me a troll in your eyes....there is nothing I can do about it.

But you cannot fucking guarantee that there would be a bakery willing to serve gays, or that the other bakery offered comparable services, such as wedding catering. You cannot rely upon the mythical 'free market' to protect people's rights. Capitalism is good at one thing, generating profit; and if there is greater profit to be made in discriminating, then they will discriminate. We as a society have decided that our own rights are more important than those market forces. Don't like it? Well, sorry you're too much of a fucking cave man to have empathy for your fellow human beings, you fucking troglodyte.

(03-10-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  We are not talking about women. We are not talking about blacks. We are talking about gays. If you could show that gays face systematic discrimination from businesses then perhaps you could make a case that we need to infringe upon the rights of everyone else to insure they are served by the market....but that isn't the case.

Yep, people only deserve protection once there are a sufficient number of victims. That's like saying we should only outlaw murder after we've reached genocide... Facepalm

(03-10-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This entire case was the state attempt at rehabilitation(liberaltard code for imposing your morality on everyone else) and not correcting a failure of the market.

Preventing people operating a public business from discriminating against the public on the basis of sexual orientation is now 'liberaltard', which is what ignorant blowhard jackasses cry about to try to hide the fact that they're assholes without empathy.

Ensuring the public has equal access to public businesses? Fuck that noise, you're imposing on the owner's freedom to be bigoted assholes! What was that? Their bigotry interferes with the public's right to equal access to public businesses, because both straight and gay citizens pay taxes that support the infrastructure that the business relies upon to operate? Fuck them and their 'liberaltard' desire to be treated equally! The fucking nerve of those uppity gay people!

(03-10-2015 01:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs, but that doesn’t mean that folks have the right to discriminate, The goal is never to shut down a business. The goal is to rehabilitate" - Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian

Last...the state, after their rehabilition attempt....imposes a gag order on this couple is outrageous. This couple has the right to tell the state they are fucking up. The state has no right to suppress them. The fact that people like will defend the state here is absolutely sickening.

Given the bakery's documented history of DOXing the gay couple, the order was probably put in place to protect their victims from further attacks. Once again, zero empathy and more victim blaming; Blowjob is a raging narcissist.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-10-2015, 07:42 AM
At this point the debate has past the point of ridicule. Why not just skip over the annecdote of the bakers and question Heywood (and others like him) on the core of the subject. What's your problem with homosexuals?

Bonus point for the following joke question: «Does your opposition to homosexuality extand to cute lesbians having sex?»
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
03-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Quote:I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me

Guess this gals outta the running. You little wimp.

[Image: e7e9333b3acc0c321d60a40f840e3c0d.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-10-2015, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 10:47 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-10-2015 12:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When I was young, I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me.

So what you're saying is that you've never been on a date.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 10:50 AM
(03-10-2015 07:42 AM)epronovost Wrote:  What's your problem with homosexuals?

My faggot friends like to greet me by grabbing my package. "Dude can we stick to a friendly ass grab?"

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 10:52 AM
(03-10-2015 07:42 AM)epronovost Wrote:  At this point the debate has past the point of ridicule. Why not just skip over the annecdote of the bakers and question Heywood (and others like him) on the core of the subject. What's your problem with homosexuals?

Bonus point for the following joke question: «Does your opposition to homosexuality extand to cute lesbians having sex?»

I don't have a problem with homosexuals. Making this into a debate about homosexuals is a straw man. If the state had fined a gay baker because they would not bake a cake for a christian wedding and then proceeded to put a gag order on that gay baker....I'd be just as mad.
03-10-2015, 10:57 AM
(03-10-2015 09:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
Quote:I absolutely refused to date any woman who had bigger arms than me

Guess this gals outta the running. You little wimp.

[Image: e7e9333b3acc0c321d60a40f840e3c0d.jpg]

she looks like she has a hint of a mustache growing.