Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Oregon and the "in god we trust" debacle
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...t-display/

http://www.heraldandnews.com/email_blast...13e63.html

this one is from last month:

now the city council has to deal with spoiled brats who refuse to grow up out of their fairy tails instead of dealing with actual city issues
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 08:15 AM
RE: Oregon and the "in god we trust" debacle
(10-03-2015 07:32 AM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...t-display/

http://www.heraldandnews.com/email_blast...13e63.html

this one is from last month:

now the city council has to deal with spoiled brats who refuse to grow up out of their fairy tails instead of dealing with actual city issues

The problem isn't that they refuse to grow up.

The problem is that they're attacking us, issuing death threats against us, and trying to take our tax dollars and access to the public spaces our tax dollars funded BECAUSE they won't grow up.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
10-03-2015, 09:19 AM
I live in Oregon and have been interested in this story. I listened to a Public Radio interview between two people who were on opposing sides. There was one woman from Bakersfield California, a super conservative area, who had traveled up to Klamath Falls to add support to the "god we trust" side. She represented a group of people that make it their business to support the "in god we trust" shit and fly to wherever this topic is being challenged.

Her reason's were lame. It was the ole' "the founding fathers believed in god" crap. THe guy speaking against the slogan countered this with the truth but it went over her head. She was an idiot. Wish I could remember her name, maybe she's the one who wrote that threatening letter to the councilwoman.

Klamath Falls, by the way, is in Southern Oregon in a sparsely populated area, but there are a lot of farming communities nearby and a large bird sanctuary next to the town.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Quote:“If ‘In God We Trust’ is going to be placed on that wall, shall we then place ‘Allahu Akbar’ on this wall for our Muslim citizens? Or ‘Yahweh is God, you shall have no other god before him’ on that wall for our Jewish citizens? Or ‘We bow down to our Mother Earth at this time of solstice’ on the back wall for our Wiccan citizens? Then we have the Buddhists, the Baha’i, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Orthodox Catholics and so on.

“God knows what we’ll do with the atheists,” said Trish Seiler, Klamath Falls City Councilwoman. “Choosing one faith over another by placing the proposed plaque in this room is not only unconstitutional, it is morally wrong. It is not the American way.”

bold part made me lol

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
10-03-2015, 10:19 AM
(10-03-2015 09:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I live in Oregon and have been interested in this story. I listened to a Public Radio interview between two people who were on opposing sides. There was one woman from Bakersfield California, a super conservative area, who had traveled up to Klamath Falls to add support to the "god we trust" side. She represented a group of people that make it their business to support the "in god we trust" shit and fly to wherever this topic is being challenged.

Her reason's were lame. It was the ole' "the founding fathers believed in god" crap. THe guy speaking against the slogan countered this with the truth but it went over her head. She was an idiot. Wish I could remember her name, maybe she's the one who wrote that threatening letter to the councilwoman.

Klamath Falls, by the way, is in Southern Oregon in a sparsely populated area, but there are a lot of farming communities nearby and a large bird sanctuary next to the town.

please tell me there a video recording of this or a audio recording of it
10-03-2015, 12:20 PM
(10-03-2015 09:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It was the ole' "the founding fathers believed in god" crap.

You'd think the founding fathers would be getting a bit manky by 1956. Or does she think that the US was founded by Joe McCarthy?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
10-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Well the current supreme court standing case on this phrase is from the 50s or 60s and their actual ruling was to allow the phrase to be used.. because in their opinion, the term doesn't "mean anything" really, it's just so generic and common that it really has no meaning; therefore, it isn't advocating a specific believe in a god.

Utter nonsense but that's how they can wishy wash themselves away from this. That will stand until someone fights the struggle to get it up to the supreme court again.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Fuk these guys I should have the same right as them to put up "In Zeus We Trust". Oops sorry...i technically don't coz I'm Canadian.