Oregon is on fucking fire!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Oregon is on fucking fire!
(04-09-2017 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can acutally smell the smoke from where I live. It's about 45 miles from my house. The sky is a sick gray pink color. The fire is in the Columbia Gorge and the smoke is being pulled down into Portland through the gorge. We need to be outside and paint the eves today. We have not other time to do this. I might wear a face mask.

I can't see very far, I have actual smoke billowing, grey pink, yes. And the sun is a hazy but fiery bright orange ball.

You do NOT want to be outside painting today. If I was your mom I'd plain forbid it. It's not worth a life time of breathing issues. Unless the smoke lifts, don't do it!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 11:53 AM
The same shit is happening here in Montana as well. Half a million acres have already been burnt. What really bugs me is listening to the news every day, and most of it is preoccupied with Houston. What kind of nation-wide news coverage are we getting?
04-09-2017, 11:57 AM
(04-09-2017 10:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I can acutally smell the smoke from where I live. It's about 45 miles from my house. The sky is a sick gray pink color. The fire is in the Columbia Gorge and the smoke is being pulled down into Portland through the gorge. We need to be outside and paint the eves today. We have not other time to do this. I might wear a face mask.

I can't see very far, I have actual smoke billowing, grey pink, yes. And the sun is a hazy but fiery bright orange ball.

You do NOT want to be outside painting today. If I was your mom I'd plain forbid it. It's not worth a life time of breathing issues. Unless the smoke lifts, don't do it!

I just finished it. I just had to get it done today. I wore a filter mask. Kinda like this one.

[Image: FACE_MASK_3M_4255.jpg]

I looked pretty cool wearing it, if I do say so myself It was the fashion statement of the day. Cool

Now I'm on my way upstairs to irrigate my sinuses with this fun little device.

[Image: Sinus-rinse-Ad.jpg]

Of course, my eyes are burning now so I need to put some drops in them.

Next I'll bring down my air purifier with the HEPA filter and set it down near me. I have this little machine.

[Image: OVHT9908-2.jpg?1431938463]

Yup. A day in the life of a citizen on the West Coast of the US.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-09-2017, 01:13 PM
(04-09-2017 11:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 10:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  I can't see very far, I have actual smoke billowing, grey pink, yes. And the sun is a hazy but fiery bright orange ball.

I just finished it. I just had to get it done today. I wore a filter mask. Kinda like this one.

I looked pretty cool wearing it, if I do say so myself It was the fashion statement of the day. Cool

Next I'll bring down my air purifier with the HEPA filter and set it down near me. I have this little machine.

Also boil some water, preferably eucalyptus or mint tea, really hot, bend over it with a towel over your head and inhale it until you can bring up crap from your lungs. You don't want to leave a layer of toxic chemicals in there. That kind of smoke is tons worse than smoking cigarettes - not sure how many packs worth you inhaled today.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-09-2017, 01:25 PM
We're smoking a pork butt for pulled pork.

Its also smoky as fuck outside so I know it isn't all us.

The sun is orange (almost like it was during the eclipse).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2017, 01:52 PM
(04-09-2017 01:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 11:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just finished it. I just had to get it done today. I wore a filter mask. Kinda like this one.

Also boil some water, preferably eucalyptus or mint tea, really hot, bend over it with a towel over your head and inhale it until you can bring up crap from your lungs. You don't want to leave a layer of toxic chemicals in there. That kind of smoke is tons worse than smoking cigarettes - not sure how many packs worth you inhaled today.

Believe me, with the sinus problems I've had from a deviated septum I know every trick in the book. Over the years I've breathed in enough steam for a steam boat to cross the pacific three times over. Laugh out load Anyway, the air filtered mask did a good job of filtering out the crap in the air when I was outside but our house isn't a very air tight kinda house so I have our two air purifiers with the hepa filters going in two rooms. It's got a uv light in it that kills bacteria. Great little machines. Quiet too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-09-2017, 02:10 AM
[Image: MOQQlmu.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Stack firewood up, add spark, instant fire. Periodic burnoffs are needed for a healthy forest.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2017, 07:16 AM
That sucks man.
Even here in the northeast we've had an increase in fires.
Every fall they institute a fire ban and we had a big wild fire nearby that resulted in thousands of acres of burned state forest.
It's nothing like the west but it's noteworthy because it's so unusual.

I've had years of sinus difficulty going back to working years in a factory where the air quality was shit.
I've had the best luck with this. Nothing else worked at all but this does.

https://www.amazon.com/Grossan-Hydro-Irr...hydropulse

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 11:31 AM
We have ash falling.

Outside it smelled like a campfire.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces