Oregon is on fucking fire!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Oregon is on fucking fire!
(05-09-2017 11:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We have ash falling.

Outside it smelled like a campfire.

Been smelling that way here for three weeks here, and I see the smoke billowing through the trees outside my window. Postponing my trip into town another day... soon I will just have to go.

I ordered some "nose filters" from Amazon - they go into your nostrils and have several filters so you can pick the right ones, for allergies, exhaust and several different things. I hope they will make it better for me to breathe out there...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-09-2017, 12:41 PM
(04-09-2017 09:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 09:26 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Aw that sucks! Sounds worse than here. I'm house bound 1-2 days a week with the BC fires blowing in. I suck on my inhaler like it's a lollipop. It's exhausting too, so tired on those days.

I Heart oxygen.

Hope it settles soon, that map looks sad!

It's only gotten worse since I posted that. Yes, exhausting. Sad

Don't overdo your inhaler too much - you'll get the muscle spasms from hell.

Ya, I got some pretty wicked heart palpitations sometimes. It's gotten better here now though. I only use inhaler once a day maybe, and I ran outside today, it felt so good. It'd be nice to clear up for you west coasters soon!
05-09-2017, 12:53 PM
The smoke has drifted so far we're having hazy red sunrises/sunsets here in west Indy.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
05-09-2017, 01:20 PM
The town right down the street from us is now on a level 1 evacuation alert. The fire is about 40 miles from where we live. Gresham, where I live, is on some sort of warning but I didn't get what it was. The air is horrible. We have a layer of ash covering our cars, it's falling like snow and I'd guess the visibility around our house is about 800 ft, beyond that it's simply smoke. I really can't go outside without a gas mask now. I took my athsma pill early and I'm staying in front of our air purifier.

Ick!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Here's a time lapse photo of the fire spreading in the Columbia River Gorge. It's heartbreaking because the gorge is one of the most beautiful places in the US.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-09-2017, 11:32 AM
I hope you guys are all okay. Living as I do in a bushfire-prone locale, I know just how frightening these fires can be. Please take all due care. Hug

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
06-09-2017, 12:19 PM
(05-09-2017 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The town right down the street from us is now on a level 1 evacuation alert. The fire is about 40 miles from where we live. Gresham, where I live, is on some sort of warning but I didn't get what it was. The air is horrible. We have a layer of ash covering our cars, it's falling like snow and I'd guess the visibility around our house is about 800 ft, beyond that it's simply smoke. I really can't go outside without a gas mask now. I took my athsma pill early and I'm staying in front of our air purifier.

Ick!

It was worse on Labor Day here, today isn't as terrible here. Just a light campfire smell, with ash still falling.

I think the wind here shifted....

But it's still hazy as hell out. I snapped some pictures last night of the moon and of the sun this morning.

Both were super creepy.

But what really pisses me off, this was started by teens tossing firecrackers off a cliff.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2017, 12:40 PM
No change here, if anything it's gotten worse.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Quote:This is what wildfires can do to your health:

Fine particles in wildfire smoke can cause burning eyes, coughing, sore throat, irritated sinuses, headaches, a runny nose and bronchitis. In people with pre-existing conditions like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure and chest pain, fine particles can also exacerbate these diseases and cause even more serious symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue and heart palpitations, notes the Environmental Protection Agency. Older people are also at greater risk of harm from inhaling wildfire smoke because of their increased risk of heart and lung disease in general, as are children whose respiratory systems are still developing.

07-09-2017, 09:48 AM
This is a constantly updated list of fires and their current standing, evacuations and forecast...

http://www.rogueweather.com/fire-info/fire-report

If you scroll, you'll find all the Oregon and northern California fires.