• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 07:37 PM
RE: Oregon is on fucking fire!
Sorry. I've been resisting... but maybe it'll cheer you folk up. Heart

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 07:41 PM
(07-09-2017 09:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is a constantly updated list of fires and their current standing, evacuations and forecast...

http://www.rogueweather.com/fire-info/fire-report

If you scroll, you'll find all the Oregon and northern California fires.

So Dom, you're down in the Rogue River area? Are you near Grants Pass?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-09-2017, 07:45 PM
(07-09-2017 07:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is a constantly updated list of fires and their current standing, evacuations and forecast...

http://www.rogueweather.com/fire-info/fire-report

If you scroll, you'll find all the Oregon and northern California fires.

So Dom, you're down in the Rogue River area? Are you near Grants Pass?

Roughly, yes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-09-2017, 08:37 PM
(04-09-2017 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We're smoking a pork butt for pulled pork.

Its also smoky as fuck outside so I know it isn't all us.

The sun is orange (almost like it was during the eclipse).

My old man told me once that seeing the sun through the smoke and heat of a true wildfire can be one of the most terrifying and exhilarating things one can experience.
He used to work on front-line medic duty when the fires got bad enough. Group he worked with deployed teams to treat injured civilians and firefighters when the situation required it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-09-2017, 08:46 PM
(07-09-2017 08:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We're smoking a pork butt for pulled pork.

Its also smoky as fuck outside so I know it isn't all us.

The sun is orange (almost like it was during the eclipse).

My old man told me once that seeing the sun through the smoke and heat of a true wildfire can be one of the most terrifying and exhilarating things one can experience.
He used to work on front-line medic duty when the fires got bad enough. Group he worked with deployed teams to treat injured civilians and firefighters when the situation required it.

When I separate myself from the tragedy and horrific nature, I have an amazing appreciation for the sheer power and recklessness of massive fires. They are a force I can not fathom, they are a beast and there is this feeling I cannot name that comes close to exhilaration like your dad describes. It's better than feeling 'wow'.

There was a fire just north of where I live 15 months ago that was incredibly large. It was just a few weeks ago finally declared finished. Amazing.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Now that I think it, I don't think we had any major fires last summer down here...

Let's all hope my countrymen don't have a bad summer this time. Unless I somehow missed it, we'll be going through likely a record summer (because every bloody summer is a new record these days) with two years with of fuel..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-09-2017, 04:25 PM
[Image: img_9071.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
11-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I've been unimpressed by those wimps in Texas and Florida, whining over a little wind and water.

Living in the middle of a state on fire, WE just get in another nine.

Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
12-09-2017, 01:19 AM
(11-09-2017 04:08 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Yeah, I've been unimpressed by those wimps in Texas and Florida, whining over a little wind and water.

Living in the middle of a state on fire, WE just get in another nine.
Smile
Looks like these guys lave lots of.......balls Huh

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
12-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Thankfully the smoke has lifted and went to bother someone else for a bit. Just on time, too, since my AC broke. Here's hoping that the repair people get here before the smoke comes back...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post