Oregon standoff (probably) ended

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Oregon standoff (probably) ended
(28-01-2016 02:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that most of the land should belong to state. Feds own 75% of Idaho lands. I don't believe in this. People of Idaho don't believe in this.
Why should it belong to the state?
Because the Constitution says so, isn't it? If I am wrong, please correct me.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2016, 03:23 PM
(28-01-2016 02:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Now 125 years later you want the fed to give up its claim to the lands because you don't like having to share them? Fuck that. Those are my lands too and you can't just have them.
The problem that when Feds take over the lands they CLOSE them from the PUBLIC.
They(lands) are not for me and not for you any more to enjoy. Ugly metal fence and signs stop me and YOU.
Millions and millions of acres of land are closed for the PEOPLE.
Is this constitutional that Feds own millions and millions of acres of forests and fields?
They take away from people their houses and lands. They install fences and they don't do nothing over there. NOBODY can enjoy lands.

28-01-2016, 03:25 PM
(28-01-2016 03:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Why should it belong to the state?

You are wrong, the federal government was affirmed to be allowed to own property during the Presidency of Thomas Jefferson when the Louisiana Purchase was challenged.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Alright Alla, where in the Constitution does it say the states should own the land not the federal government? You seem to think it is there, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

What lands are the government taking then closing and more importantly why?

Since 1990 the amount of federally controlled land has decreased by more than 23 million acres. They have increased in Idaho by about 55 thousand acres. Most of that was through land purchased from people that wanted to sell their land. When I check the BLM website I see very little listed as closed to public. Some areas are closed seasonally. Others are closed to specific activities but not all access. You claim millions of acres are closed to the public. Please provide some examples.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
28-01-2016, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 05:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-01-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  The problem that when Feds take over the lands they CLOSE them from the PUBLIC.
They(lands) are not for me and not for you any more to enjoy. Ugly metal fence and signs stop me and YOU.
Is this constitutional that Feds own millions and millions of acres of forests and fields?
They take away from people their houses and lands. They install fences and they don't do nothing over there. NOBODY can enjoy lands.

Do the signs say and look something like this:
[Image: land.png]

If not you can be sure that the US Government did not erect the fence or put up the signs. It was more likely erected by the rancher to ensure his cows did not accidentally wander onto Federal lands he had not leased to avoid some nasty fines. Much like the rancher who erected the fence which Ammon Bundy vandalized (which btw was funded by a $10,000 Federal grant to the rancher to facilitate his compliance).

#sigh
28-01-2016, 04:36 PM
(28-01-2016 03:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Why should it belong to the state?

Where in the Constitution does it say so?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2016, 04:38 PM
(28-01-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Now 125 years later you want the fed to give up its claim to the lands because you don't like having to share them? Fuck that. Those are my lands too and you can't just have them.
The problem that when Feds take over the lands they CLOSE them from the PUBLIC.

Oh, really? How about the National Parks, the National Wildlife Refuges, the National Monuments, National Forests, and so forth?

Millions of acres accessible to everyone.

You continue to spout shit you hear from others as though it's gospel.
Learn to check your 'facts'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2016, 04:46 PM
(28-01-2016 01:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Do you have a credible source or credible evidence that this is happening?
Do you mean lands grab by Feds? metal fences with signs?
I have seen them with my own eyes. They were not there, one day they are there.
I was told by two senators here in Idaho who fight now against this with governor Otter. I consider them credible sources. I believe my own eyes.
Many people in Idaho fight against lands grab. But they fight the right way(without guns).

I mean credible sources that I can read for myself and come to my own decision.

Your claimed personal experiences don't count. I don't know you from Adam's housecat and don't put any credence to crap I read in a forum. Feel free to link to verifiable sources.

You wrote:

Quote:One day we would come back as usual and we see metal fence and a sign "no trespassing".
Feds take over the land and people can't enjoy it any more. They grab more and more. Later BLM will make money of it.

You'll need to put up pics of those signs and fences, and link to sources showing that BLM "will make money of it".

Those are your claims. Support them with facts. Link us here so that we can review those facts for ourselves.

Alternatively, hush yo mouf. If you cannot back it up don't post it up.
28-01-2016, 04:51 PM
(28-01-2016 01:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 01:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Do you have a credible source or credible evidence that this is happening?
Do you mean lands grab by Feds? metal fences with signs?
I have seen them with my own eyes. They were not there, one day they are there.
I was told by two senators here in Idaho who fight now against this with governor Otter. I consider them credible sources. I believe my own eyes.
Many people in Idaho fight against lands grab. But they fight the right way(without guns).

You were "told". Pigtrough much?

Enjoy the slop.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-01-2016, 10:56 AM
(28-01-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  The problem that when Feds take over the lands they CLOSE them from the PUBLIC.

Do the signs say and look something like this:
[Image: land.png]

If not you can be sure that the US Government did not erect the fence or put up the signs. It was more likely erected by the rancher to ensure his cows did not accidentally wander onto Federal lands he had not leased to avoid some nasty fines. Much like the rancher who erected the fence which Ammon Bundy vandalized (which btw was funded by a $10,000 Federal grant to the rancher to facilitate his compliance).

no, not like this.