Organic Foods dirty little secret

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 07:39 AM
RE: Organic Foods dirty little secret
Oh Lordy. The vegetarian wars seem like they're gonna claim more victims than the religious ones Sadcryface

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-05-2015, 07:44 AM
(28-05-2015 07:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I am a live your life the way you want to live it, screw what everyone else thinks type of person. I don't preach to people and I don't like them preaching to me. I had enough of that growing up in a church that tried to dictate all aspects of my life.

Bravo Smile I order you not to follow orders.

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-05-2015, 07:48 AM
(28-05-2015 07:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 07:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I try and use as many non-toxic items as I can--and certainly cruelty-free. I don't think I could give up my make-up and deodorant--but I try and use all paraben-free, cruelty-free, naturally based products. I try and clean my house with as many natural and green products as possible.

I am a live your life the way you want to live it, screw what everyone else thinks type of person. I don't preach to people and I don't like them preaching to me. I had enough of that growing up in a church that tried to dictate all aspects of my life.

I agree, chemicals are scary business. New studies are coming out all the time about growing health concerns of various chemicals and their effects on reproduction, cancer, and other health related issues. Things that were once deemed safe are later on deemed as contributory to a whole host of things as more studies are done. For instance, there are now studies being done on the link between pesticides and Parkinson's.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I eat a large amount of fruits and veggies as a vegan--it makes up a pretty big portion of my diet. Due to the fact that I consume large amounts, I prefer to try and be as chemical free as possible. I am sorry if my being vegan and using organic bothers some people--but I am happy and I really have a F U mentality for anyone who has a problem with me. I frankly don't have time for people like that.

But what do you really think? Tongue

You need to picture it being said in my Boston accent for full effect Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 08:00 AM
[Image: 6823d7494a24db9c95356bd83fe71567.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 08:25 AM
(28-05-2015 07:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree, chemicals are scary business.

[Image: wgg1BGH.gif]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-05-2015, 08:39 AM
(28-05-2015 08:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 07:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree, chemicals are scary business.

[Image: wgg1BGH.gif]

[Image: dmn.gif]
28-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Apparently people swap Jesus for organic?
28-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Well, I'm a fan of more localised, less intensive agriculture too. But I'm under no pretension that that's anything but a first-world luxury - a middle-class or better first-world luxury at that.

The global alternative to intensive large-scale industrial agriculture is mass starvation.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
28-05-2015, 09:25 AM
(28-05-2015 09:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Apparently people swap Jesus for organic?

Yup lol that was my whole deconversion process. I woke up one day, ate an organic apple, and said no to Jesus.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 09:58 AM
(28-05-2015 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 09:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Apparently people swap Jesus for organic?

Yup lol that was my whole deconversion process. I woke up one day, ate an organic apple, and said no to Jesus.

That not quite what I meant! Tongue but I laughed very hard. Thanks for that lol

My baby looked at me like I was a bit loony.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post