Organic Foods dirty little secret

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: Organic Foods dirty little secret
(28-05-2015 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 09:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Apparently people swap Jesus for organic?

Yup lol that was my whole deconversion process. I woke up one day, ate an organic apple, and said no to Jesus.

That'll do it.

What do you get if you remove organic chemistry (Carbon and Hydrogen) from Jesus?

c h r i s t i a n m e s s i a h - C - H = a t h e i s m + r a i s i n s

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-05-2015, 10:01 AM
The sad fact is that there is not enough testing of food additives and handling processes.

If there was, we would not be having this conversation because someone could cite actual facts about each additive and handling process.

What research there is has been conducted by subjective parties prior to legal approval. It is very short term. Ideally research should continue through two entire generations to see if there are any adverse effects from consistent consumption of substances that we did not evolve to process.

In any case, without actual proofs this conversation is completely futile and total speculation on all sides.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-05-2015, 10:07 AM
(28-05-2015 07:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree, chemicals are scary business.

Sissy. You haven't lived until you have handled 10M nBuLi or tBuLi or done a large scale Birch reduction. Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-05-2015, 10:08 AM
(28-05-2015 09:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yup lol that was my whole deconversion process. I woke up one day, ate an organic apple, and said no to Jesus.

That'll do it.

What do you get if you remove organic chemistry (Carbon and Hydrogen) from Jesus?

c h r i s t i a n m e s s i a h - C - H = a t h e i s m + r a i s i n s

I was going to say Thor and Zeus but yours works also.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-05-2015, 01:05 PM
(28-05-2015 10:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  The sad fact is that there is not enough testing of food additives and handling processes.

If there was, we would not be having this conversation because someone could cite actual facts about each additive and handling process.

What research there is has been conducted by subjective parties prior to legal approval. It is very short term. Ideally research should continue through two entire generations to see if there are any adverse effects from consistent consumption of substances that we did not evolve to process.

In any case, without actual proofs this conversation is completely futile and total speculation on all sides.

I'm... not so sure terrified paralysis is the best way to conduct biotechnics. The rhythms of human societies are orders of magnitude more rapid than the pace of evolution. I mean, at minimum we need to deploy (e.g.) new pesticidal chemicals at the pace of the pests' evolution, not our own, or else they'd be wholly ineffective long before we had replacements ready.

... this is my signature!
28-05-2015, 01:47 PM
(28-05-2015 01:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 10:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  The sad fact is that there is not enough testing of food additives and handling processes.

I'm... not so sure terrified paralysis is the best way to conduct biotechnics. The rhythms of human societies are orders of magnitude more rapid than the pace of evolution. I mean, at minimum we need to deploy (e.g.) new pesticidal chemicals at the pace of the pests' evolution, not our own, or else they'd be wholly ineffective long before we had replacements ready.

Terrified paralysis - lol!

How about actual research conducted by independent parties over the course of a couple of years? I'd settle for that.

The food supply of the future worries me. Makes me glad I am old and have no horse in this race (no kids either).

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-05-2015, 04:01 PM
(28-05-2015 01:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Terrified paralysis

I'm thinking this could be a great band-name for any stoner/sludge/doom rock band I start.