Organo Gold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Organo Gold
Alright. I'll keep it short and sweet. My Father has decided to get into Organo Gold which is some kind of coffee with mushroom extract that is supposed to be healthy (despite what everything I've read). Now from what I've figured out is that this "company" is a pyramid scheme. Of course I found videos and arguments in favor of Organo however there is something very off about all of them such as reoccurring phrases and the like, you know the kind of tactics that I use on a daily basis to manipulate people.

Anyways. The reason for this thread. I am asking for help. If anyone has any personal stories or knowledge both good and bad, I want them. feed me everything you know or do your own research. I am asking this because I must be certain in the action I will take. If I find that this Organo Gold is nothing more than the pyramid I suspect it is, then I will take aggressive action to ensure that it's presence is eliminated from my area. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Organo Gold
On the surface lots of people complaining on the web. USDA slapped them for a $4,000 civil penalty (not clear why, maybe not organic as advertised).

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
30-03-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:47 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
30-03-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 06:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
The Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) does have some preliminary support in the treatment of cancer and diabetes. I've used it in the past to help control my sugars and it particularly helped lower my high morning sugars by 5-10 mg/dl (which reminds me I need to reorder).

So the good news is it doesn't appear to be snake oil. Now for the bad news.

1) The company does appear to be a multi-level marketing company. This does not mean it's a "pyramid scam" because, like Amway, Avon, Mary Kay, etc., it has a product associated with it. But very very few people make any money with MLM's and the money they do make usually don't amount to squat.

2) I can't seem to find the actual quantity of Reishi (or any other ingredient) in their product. That alone is enough of a red flag to prevent an educated consumer from buying it.

3) It's way too damn expensive. I ain't paying $30 or even $17 for 30 "tea bags" (sachets) consisting of some unknown amount of coffee and some unknown amount of Reishi. That'd make me a fucking idiot. Especially since they have competition which sells essentially the same thing for $6 (but they don't tell me how much Reishi vs. coffee I'm paying for either, so they're out too).

I'd run away fast from this company and product.

If I want Reishi I'll go to iHerb and get it from a reputable source who maintains strict quality control standards and guarantees how much Reishi I'm getting. Think I'm gonna go do that now since I'm out. Hell, they sell them fresh and dried at my local Asian market too so think I'm going shopping there tomorrow. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post