Original Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Original Sin
What if Original Sin had never happened? What if it was completely avoided?

I think this is a hilarious take on what would have happened

Also, it was inspired by this beautiful poem:

I believe it is accurate that God designed us with sin in mind. He knew exactly what would have happened and knew we would have been flawed and yet he blames the creation that he waited to fail.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Original Sin
Oh dang. I thought this was a thread about new and original sins. I have a few you might not have heard of. But they can keep. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
I don't believe original sin ever happened.

But I'm waaaay curious to hear Bucky's list! I'm thinking I've probably done a few on that list Smile

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Original sin - the thought that everyone is sinful because god made a talking snake and an aphrodisiac apple - was one of the reasons I became an atheist.

What complete and utter nonsense that whole story is! I don't know how anyone can believe this shit.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
(03-01-2013 03:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  new and original sins. I have a few you might not have heard of. But they can keep. Weeping
The question is, can we? Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Re: RE: Original Sin
(03-01-2013 03:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  Original sin - the thought that everyone is sinful because god made a talking snake and an aphrodisiac apple - was one of the reasons I became an atheist.

What complete and utter nonsense that whole story is! I don't know how anyone can believe this shit.

You don't have to believe that story is literal to accept the concept of original sin.

You can be like a particular poster here and think God created original sin, just cause.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
03-01-2013, 04:40 PM
(03-01-2013 04:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 03:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  Original sin - the thought that everyone is sinful because god made a talking snake and an aphrodisiac apple - was one of the reasons I became an atheist.

You don't have to believe that story is literal to accept the concept of original sin.

You can be like a particular poster here and think God created original sin, just cause.

Lol, that's even worse. No plot to the story.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Such crap. Paul and Augustine cooked up original sin to justify their salvation thingy, which they invented. It's just bunk to explain the Human Condition to ancients with no science to draw on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-01-2013, 04:53 PM
(03-01-2013 04:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Such crap. Paul and Augustine cooked up original sin to justify their salvation thingy, which they invented. It's just bunk to explain the Human Condition to ancients with no science to draw on.

Forgot about Augustine, but I was going to mention Paul (formally Saul of tartus)

Edited: Saul of Tarsus; damn my phone!
03-01-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 05:42 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
I have never seen that Darkmatter vid and I thought I'd seen them all. Is it new?

I really like it, especially when Jeffery puts the tree on the other side of Mordor. Yeah, I'm that kind of geek.

But it's nothing I haven't been saying all along. God could have put the tree where Adam and Eve couldn't get to it. Say, the north pole. You need a bit more than a fig leaf to go wandering around up there, and you need a reason to do it in the first place. Or on Mars. Hard to walk to mars. Or across the galaxy. Or better yet, just don't make the damn thing in the first place. Especially if you're omniscient and know exactly what will happen when it's made. Knowing what will happen, and putting it in the most wildly inappropriate place possible (from the perspective of NOT wanting them to eat it), is inexplicable by any means, except to recognize that god deliberately engineered The Fall.

Which is also inexplicable, because surely there are less insane ways for an omniscient, omnipotent being to torture his playthings and/or weed out the true believers (a.k.a. the lucky few who guessed right and were gullible enough to fall for it).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post